Will Regan - PF - Nichols HS - Buffalo, NY

• 11 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Will Regan - PF - Nichols HS - Buffalo, NY
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 01:57:00 PM »
These are guys who St. John's is looking at, I assume?  You're just starting the thread?

Regan sounds solid.  But we'd need a free scholarship for the 2010 guys... but on this team and in this landscape, I'm sure someone will transfer to make room.

kjd01067

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 07:15:11 PM »
These are guys who St. John's is looking at, I assume?  You're just starting the thread?

Regan sounds solid.  But we'd need a free scholarship for the 2010 guys... but on this team and in this landscape, I'm sure someone will transfer to make room.

Yea I just added a few more guys to our lists today.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 02:25:39 AM »
He goes to the same high school that Christian Laettner attended.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 02:26:08 AM by Not The Sleaveless Guy »

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 01:34:11 AM »

I think I remember reading somewhere that St Johns took Robert Werdann over Laettner. Is that true?

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 08:41:35 PM »

I think I remember reading somewhere that St Johns took Robert Werdann over Laettner. Is that true?

God, I hope not marco...  :o .. although i believe Werdann was very highly rated coming out of Molloy.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/768879.html

Will Regan, PF/C, Albany City Rocks – When the Albany City Rocks needed a bucket, Regan usually stepped up and got it done. The 6-foot-8 post prospect was especially good on the block, where he used both hands to score at the rim. He’s very god at using the rim to shield off defenders and worked the glass for offensive put backs. He dropped in 21 points in an Albany City Rocks win Saturday morning.

Regan claims scholarship offers from Virginia Tech, Maryland, Arizona State, Penn State, St. John’s, Buffalo and Fordham. He also has interest from Maryland, Duke, Virginia, Stanford, Syracuse, Notre Dame and Texas.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 08:48:03 PM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 10:43:30 PM »

God, I hope not marco...  :o .. although i believe Werdann was very highly rated coming out of Molloy.

Rob was, no doubt. Few CHSAA big men ever had his post skills.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 10:02:17 PM »
Rob W was a Mcdaa coming out of Molloy   and was a great pick up for SJU.
We were never involved with Christian L. 

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 09:23:28 AM »
Rob W was a Mcdaa coming out of Molloy   and was a great pick up for SJU.
We were never involved with Christian L. 

Thanks for the clarification red..  8) .. btw - has anyone here seen this Regan kid play?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 09:23:54 AM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 11:09:26 AM »
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=829861

Albany City Rocks looks to have an imposing frontline for the rest of the summer. 6-foot-8 forwards Will Regan and Tobias Harris combined for 31 points in a close win over Memphis YOMCA. With those two providing the size along with Taran Buie on the perimeter, it could be a good run for City Rocks.

Will Regan has a whole host of schools looking at him. Currently the ones after him the hardest are Arizona State, Maryland, Stanford, Duke, Michigan, Syracuse, Providence, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Oregon State, Notre Dame, St. John's, and Fordham.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 11:11:27 AM by Not The Sleaveless Guy »

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 03:16:30 PM »
Transfering to Buffalo. Virginia seems to always have a big roster turnover, anyone stay there for 4 years?

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 12:01:09 PM »
Transfering to Buffalo. Virginia seems to always have a big roster turnover, anyone stay there for 4 years?
This coming from my waitress at the pub after softball last night.  Went to Wash St., a couple of players that she knew said they didn't like Bennett as a person.  He's had a few guys transfer out when he was named head coach, but I considered that typical, and Spurlock said he was a "good man" and respected him.  Who knows - but we will see if more guys transfer out over the years.  All I know is Gary Williams handed Justin Anderson to Bennett when he retired.  Bennett should send him a nice Christmas card this year - lol