Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY

• 749 replies

goredmen

Re: Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2017, 12:30:30 PM »
speaking only for myself I share what I hear from people I trust. Sometimes it turns out to be accurate and for a variety of reasons a lot of times I'm wrong. If this were the 80's and this board existed I guarantee I'd almost never be wrong but with so many people around these kids things are so fluid and can change in an instant.  Now I've also heard Wilson is a huge SJU lean but understand I know for a FACT Kante told people he was coming and then didn't. My unsolicited advise would be appreciate the people sharing what they know, understand we're just trying to contribute to part of a similar fan base but ultimately if we're wrong bent frustration at losing a player not anger or doubt at a poster.

Thanks. Whoever gets angry at posters sharing info even though it turns out to be wrong because a 17 or 18 year old changed his mind is an idiot and isn't worth any attention.

Agreed. But you know what would silence some of the anger - actually winning one of these things. Or stealing one of these recruits where we were not the favorite as it went down to the wire.

True, but that's not the fault of 79 and Paultzman and others that just share what they hear

QuanMan

« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2017, 12:38:28 PM »
Paultz and 79-you guys make the JJ engine run, can't thank you both enough for your insider info whenever you have it.

Fingers crossed on Sid. The tone would switch from borderline NIT to NCAA right off the bat. This is pretty similar to the Polee situation.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2017, 01:04:05 PM »
Sid would be great because he can give us a dozen minutes off the bat and develop into an all-BE player. Would this prevent us from still going after a fifth year/grad transfer for the low post though? Getting Dixon/Wilson/decent big would be a pretty good trade for Williams/Ellison/free scholarship.

Marillac

« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2017, 08:57:14 PM »
The tone would switch from borderline NIT to NCAA right off the bat. This is pretty similar to the Polee situation.

I don't think it would change next season much if any. 

« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2017, 09:56:09 PM »
Jeff Borzello
2017 forward Isaiah Whaley has committed to UConn on his official visit, source told ESPN.

FYI-Forward visiting UCONN today with Wilson.

« Reply #165 on: May 11, 2017, 11:52:56 PM »
Jeff Borzello
2017 forward Isaiah Whaley has committed to UConn on his official visit, source told ESPN.

What does that do for our chances?

MCNPA

« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2017, 01:02:26 AM »
Jeff Borzello

He didn't commit during the visit, and doesn't look like the Texas visit will happenthus far.  Things look like they're aligning.  The kid is very talented.  Would be a massive victory to grab this kid.

Poison

« Reply #167 on: May 12, 2017, 01:15:43 AM »
I wonder if his decision will come down to where St.John's wants to play him? Does Sid see himself as a small forward who grabs an occasional board or does he see himself as a combo 3/4 who can and wants to mix it up inside? If it's the latter, we're a good fit.

Marillac

« Reply #168 on: May 12, 2017, 06:08:44 AM »
I wonder if his decision will come down to where St.John's wants to play him? Does Sid see himself as a small forward who grabs an occasional board or does he see himself as a combo 3/4 who can and wants to mix it up inside? If it's the latter, we're a good fit.

SG/SF

paultzman

« Reply #169 on: May 12, 2017, 07:47:52 AM »
Jeff Borzello

Jeff Borzello

No impact, Whaley is a PF, who ironically  said one reason he chose UCONN was how impressed he was with their strength & conditioning program. He realizes at 6'9 &. 200 pounds the need to bulk up.

« Reply #170 on: May 12, 2017, 09:48:43 AM »
Jeff Borzello

No impact.  My point was simply both men were visiting at the same time.  Only 1 committed.

MCNPA

« Reply #171 on: May 12, 2017, 10:21:48 AM »

He's a pure SF type.   Has nothing to do with our need for PF.  He's a great candidate to share time with Ahmed and replace him at the SF after next season. 

Poison

« Reply #172 on: May 12, 2017, 10:32:50 AM »

He's a pure SF type.   Has nothing to do with our need for PF.  He's a great candidate to share time with Ahmed and replace him at the SF after next season. 

I agree. I'm just speculating that he because many local kids who have been on the D1 radar for years, are going to be unwilling to join a team that won 14 games and wait. This kid probably wants to play, and we already have Ahmed, Clark, Simon and Alibegovic (lol) to play the 3.

paultzman

« Reply #173 on: May 12, 2017, 10:43:59 AM »

I agree. I'm just speculating that he because many local kids who have been on the D1 radar for years, are going to be unwilling to join a team that won 14 games and wait. This kid probably wants to play, and we already have Ahmed, Clark, Simon and Alibegovic (lol) to play the 3.

I agree UCONN can offer Sid more immediate PT at the three spot, but I hear they are selling Sid on playing multiple spots, including, believe it or not, some stretch 4 time. I personally find notion of Wilson play any time at the 4 crazy because of his thin build, but recruiters can sell snow to Eskimos at times. :)

derk

« Reply #174 on: May 12, 2017, 10:56:06 AM »

It's about versatility. Simon may wind up playing more 2 or 1. Clark more 4 then 3. All of a sudden the kid is at the 3 backing up Ahmed with a clear path for next year.

ras

« Reply #175 on: May 12, 2017, 12:08:23 PM »
If we get Sid. I can see Bash spending more time at the 4 and Clark spending some time at the 5. Not much height , but the 2 are strong. It would provide depth.

« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2017, 12:43:18 PM »
Don't let this kid leave campus without signing

« Reply #177 on: May 12, 2017, 12:45:19 PM »
If we get Sid. I can see Bash spending more time at the 4 and Clark spending some time at the 5. Not much height , but the 2 are strong. It would provide depth.
I can definitely see Bash playing some more 4 with Sid at the 3

Poison

« Reply #178 on: May 12, 2017, 01:40:01 PM »

I think Bash thinks he should play more at the 2. He may be able to mix it up inside more than LoVett and Ponds, but his game hasn't shown us that interest. How many times did we see him rush to box out after a shot went up?

hnk

« Reply #179 on: May 12, 2017, 01:54:39 PM »
Maybe if we get Sid, Bash will sit for awhile if he forgets to box out...