Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY

• 749 replies
Re: Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #600 on: August 29, 2017, 07:45:53 PM »
Inevitably, within a couple hours of a surprise transfer, this thread has been hijacked into a Yukon vs Iona thread. I wish this site had a mute or self-exclude option

I actually find it funny. Two mid majors fighting it out for a city that none of them live in. It's somewhat adorable.

Adorable yes. I do thank God every day not to be born or live in Connecticut

« Reply #601 on: August 29, 2017, 07:46:38 PM »
Lol Nah he's UConn bound. DONE DEAL. I just wanted to come here and drink your tears LMAOOO
You're an idiot
The truth is hard to swallow huh?

« Reply #602 on: August 29, 2017, 07:47:38 PM »
Inevitably, within a couple hours of a surprise transfer, this thread has been hijacked into a Yukon vs Iona thread. I wish this site had a mute or self-exclude option

I actually find it funny. Two mid majors fighting it out for a city that none of them live in. It's somewhat adorable.

Vice versa living in NY City is a nightmare

« Reply #603 on: August 29, 2017, 07:49:28 PM »

CAnt argue with that. That's why I went to school in Westchester

« Reply #604 on: August 29, 2017, 07:56:36 PM »

CAnt argue with that. That's why I went to school in Westchester

But you both want to be NYC team :2funny:

Hilarious!

goredmen

« Reply #605 on: August 29, 2017, 07:56:57 PM »

Settle down snowflake. It was 2 posts

A) Pretty much every thread you post on turns into some Iona nonsense that only you care about, but you troll others here into falling into that black hole
B) I think we're now at 10 posts and counting

« Reply #606 on: August 29, 2017, 07:58:03 PM »

so when do we play UConn, maybe next year.
You know we'd bitch slap that trash pos school.

« Reply #607 on: August 29, 2017, 07:59:57 PM »
We have more fans than Pukon they just don't show up for the games, watch them on TV or generally follow the team.  ???

wpc77

« Reply #608 on: August 29, 2017, 08:51:47 PM »
Ok so now that we are done with letting a little dog piss on our front lawn, can we get a second recruiter please????

« Reply #609 on: August 29, 2017, 08:57:12 PM »
Lots of UCONN booster pressure was placed on his handlers and they felt they had him, explains why the Vineyard was so confident.  And they didn't stop even after he signed and enrolled.

He is at SJU for the forseeable future and right now that is all that matters.

Foreseeable future?  Looks like that ended.  Today.

Yup, Zach's article is correct. They met last night and it appeared he would stay.  Everything changed.

MCNPA

« Reply #610 on: August 29, 2017, 09:07:53 PM »
This kid sounds like Rysheed Jordan... good riddance.  And Yukon is rotting in he AAC.  They were great under Calhoun, but Ollie won with Calhoun's team, let's face it.  I envied uconn under Calhoun.   Definitely not now...   as far as recruiting though, this sucks.  Wish this brat no luck in future endeavors. 

« Reply #611 on: August 29, 2017, 09:10:01 PM »

Settle down snowflake. It was 2 posts

A) Pretty much every thread you post on turns into some Iona nonsense that only you care about, but you troll others here into falling into that black hole
B) I think we're now at 10 posts and counting

Black hole? Life is good brother, it will be ok. It's only college hoops

« Reply #612 on: August 29, 2017, 09:14:27 PM »
This kid sounds like Rysheed Jordan... good riddance.  And Yukon is rotting in he AAC.  They were great under Calhoun, but Ollie won with Calhoun's team, let's face it.  I envied uconn under Calhoun.   Definitely not now...   as far as recruiting though, this sucks.  Wish this brat no luck in future endeavors.

Agree it sucks, but "brat" doesn't seem appropriate.  Kid loses mom, leaves HS in area for New Hampshire.  Leaving likely was retreat, coming back not good mrmories, people etc.

We can only imagine how many conflicting people are in  recruits ear before decision...including our own staff doing their job to influence decision in our favor

« Reply #613 on: August 29, 2017, 09:17:01 PM »
Everyone still a big Matt A fan?

NYCoffey

« Reply #614 on: August 29, 2017, 09:23:56 PM »
Yes

wpc77

« Reply #615 on: August 29, 2017, 09:25:38 PM »
Everyone still a big Matt A fan?

Hopefully Chris isn't anymore.  I know the Swiss Guard will slay me for this, but Chris needs to make a change here and at the very least bring in a second recruiter.

Johnny23

« Reply #616 on: August 29, 2017, 09:32:12 PM »
If they don't  get more W's none of those big recruits will ever seriously entertain SJU. This year is critical for Mullin and staff.

« Reply #617 on: August 29, 2017, 09:32:41 PM »
If anyone knows this situation knows Chris is as much to blame as anyone for this.

With or without Sid, they need to win this year and that is the job of the HC.

« Reply #618 on: August 29, 2017, 09:33:55 PM »
Living in NYC is great.  Listen, I give mad props to UCONN for what its done the last 25 or so years.  Calhoun built that program from a wasteland to one of the best in the country.   The bar is high, hence the disappointment from my UCONN fan friends the past few years, and you are correct in saying we haven't been on the same level for a long time.  No one here needed you to tell us that.  Didn't see why you needed to kick us when we are down.  Losing this kid at this point sucks, as it goes hand-in-hand with the continued drama most of us diehards are sick of.

I was happy that Sid popped.  If he was going to be a problem child, better that this happened now as Baldi and others said.  We don't need that s*** with the talented kids we have. 

« Reply #619 on: August 29, 2017, 09:38:52 PM »
If anyone knows this situation knows Chris is as much to blame as anyone for this.

With or without Sid, they need to win this year and that is the job of the HC.

How so ?  Not being actively engaged with kid before and/or after signing ?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:39:26 PM by RedStormNC »