Troubling Pattern

• 6 replies

Marillac

Troubling Pattern
« on: January 07, 2015, 02:48:02 AM »
Jordan and Pointer missed a combined eight shots tonight.  One was rebounded and dunked back by Obekpa, but 7/7 of the other misses resulted in open looks by Nova within 13 seconds. 

1st Half
Jordan missed jumper, Boothe hits a three 13 seconds later for Nova
Jordan missed jumper, Ennis has open layup blocked remarkably by Dom 6 seconds later
Jordan missed three, Hilliard open three point attempt 12 seconds later...missed, rebounded, layup
Jordan missed jumper, layup 10 seconds later
Jordan missed jumper, offensive rebound and dunk by Obekpa

2nd half
Jordan missed jumper, Hilliard made three six seconds later

Dom missed three, Hart hits three 12 seconds later
Dom missed layup, Boothe made dunk 4 seconds later

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 02:48:31 AM by Marillac »

Foad

Re: Troubling Pattern
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 09:19:59 AM »
Jordan and Pointer missed a combined eight shots tonight.  One was rebounded and dunked back by Obekpa, but 7/7 of the other misses resulted in open looks by Nova within 13 seconds. 

1st Half
Jordan missed jumper, Boothe hits a three 13 seconds later for Nova
Jordan missed jumper, Ennis has open layup blocked remarkably by Dom 6 seconds later
Jordan missed three, Hilliard open three point attempt 12 seconds later...missed, rebounded, layup
Jordan missed jumper, layup 10 seconds later
Jordan missed jumper, offensive rebound and dunk by Obekpa

2nd half
Jordan missed jumper, Hilliard made three six seconds later

Dom missed three, Hart hits three 12 seconds later
Dom missed layup, Boothe made dunk 4 seconds later

Disappointed: I thought this was going to be about your continual predictions of 25 win seasons.

desco80

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 11:09:57 AM »
I do agree, that the quick baskets were a problem.  On one play in the second half I remember specifically Jordan missed or airballed a shot and then lamely tried to steal the ball from the rebounder instead of getting back on defense, which led to a breakaway.   Occasionally you take that chance and go for a swipe, but it seems Jordan does it on every miss, rather than hustling back.

Also, and this is more of a general critique than a troubling trend: but we have the best player in the Big East, and then not much else.   That may sound overly pessimistic, but it's true to a large extent.
I love the guys that wear our uniform, but Obekpa got eaten alive by a big with some girth.  And Dom is a sf who can't dribble or shoot.

We have the best player in the conference, and then not much else.  Which is why we needed to take advantage of our opportunities last season when we had a deeper, more complete roster.   
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:18:35 AM by desco80 »

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 11:16:29 AM »
I do agree, that the quick baskets were a problem.  On one play in the second half I remember specifically Jordan missed or airballed a shot and then lamely tried to steal the ball from the rebounder instead of getting back on defense.   Occasionally you take that chance and go for a swipe, but it seems Jordan does it on every miss, rather than hustling back.

Also, and this is more of a general critique than a troubling trend: but we have the best player in the Big East, and then not much else.   That may sound overly pessimistic, but it's true to a large extent.
I love the guys that wear our uniform, but Obekpa got eaten alive by a big with some girth.  And Dom is a sf who can't dribble or shoot.

We have the best player in the conference, and then not much else.  Which is why we needed to take advantage of our opportunities last season when we had a deeper, more complete roster.   

With having the best player I personally think he should get more touches/shots.

I'm sick of watching Phil dribble wrecklessly and chuck up a brick, or Dom dance with the ball and try a bad fadeaway.  I want Dlo to get the ball more and to shoot as much as possible.  Good things happen when he has the ball.  He was absolutely cranking to start yesterday and then the team forgets about him for a few. 

paultzman

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 11:24:28 AM »
I do agree, that the quick baskets were a problem.  On one play in the second half I remember specifically Jordan missed or airballed a shot and then lamely tried to steal the ball from the rebounder instead of getting back on defense.   Occasionally you take that chance and go for a swipe, but it seems Jordan does it on every miss, rather than hustling back.

With having the best player I personally think he should get more touches/shots.

I'm sick of watching Phil dribble wrecklessly and chuck up a brick, or Dom dance with the ball and try a bad fadeaway.  I want Dlo to get the ball more and to shoot as much as possible.  Good things happen when he has the ball.  He was absolutely cranking to start yesterday and then the team forgets about him for a few. 

Excellent points. Schoolyard style of ball rears its head too often & the right guy often does not get ball at critical times.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 12:06:11 PM »
Phil kept us in the game at times and was hot early. He is scoring option #2

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 12:28:37 PM »

Simply put, if it's not a transition shot attempt then dlo needs a touch. Every freaking time.

To me that is the scariest part of out 0-3 start. Dlo has played as good as he possible could and we still haven't got a win.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.