Durand Scott - SG - Rice HS - New York, NY - MIAMI U

• 101 replies
Durand Scott - SG - Rice HS - New York, NY - MIAMI U
« on: December 26, 2007, 05:01:30 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/weiss/2007/12/xavier-intrigues-rice-star-sco.html

i said it before and i will say it again: xavier made a better hire from the gauchos by bringing on book richardson than sju did with billy singleton.  according to one of the gauchos people ive been speaking to, singleton has little pull with their players and sju has been late on jumping on the younger guys.  durand scott, possibly the second or third best junior prospect in the city not named lance stephenson made a visit to xavier and was impressed. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 10:33:15 PM by Dave »
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Re: durand scott visits xavier
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 06:33:27 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/weiss/2007/12/xavier-intrigues-rice-star-sco.html

i said it before and i will say it again: xavier made a better hire from the gauchos by bringing on book richardson than sju did with billy singleton.  according to one of the gauchos people ive been speaking to, singleton has little pull with their players and sju has been late on jumping on the younger guys.  durand scott, possibly the second or third best junior prospect in the city not named lance stephenson made a visit to xavier and was impressed. 

Bring Sean Miller here, and the players will follow

kob24

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 11:08:06 AM »
there was another coach that interviewed with st. johns that would have brung in plenty of players. they might even had a realistic shot at lance

mkras99

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 01:07:06 PM »
there was another coach that interviewed with st. johns that would have brung in plenty of players. they might even had a realistic shot at lance

Who's that?  Is it your fellow former OSNA coach?

pmg911

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 02:20:05 PM »

One person will influence Lance Stephenson's college choice..   his father..    that is it.....

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 10:39:30 PM »

you mean osl.  who was that coach? i heard that kareem meminger sought it
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

kob24

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 01:40:05 AM »

One person will influence Lance Stephenson's college choice..   his father..    that is it.....
not entirely true. his pops is very cool peoples and his moms holds alot of weight. trust me his dad isnt the only person with influence.

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 08:44:38 AM »

That visit wuz straight up out of respct. All Ill say on the subjct.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

mkras99

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 10:21:31 AM »

you mean osl.  who was that coach? i heard that kareem meminger sought it

You're right, my bad.  I had heard back in the day that Oswald Cross was involved at some point (had heard Meminger as well).

pmg911

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 10:48:49 AM »

That visit wuz straight up out of respct. All Ill say on the subjct.

Durrand is the real deal and Xavier has no shot. . he will be playing basketball in a major conference...   I just hope he is doing it at St. John's...     I have been saying it for a year..    he is a guy Norm has to get...!!!

pmg911

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 10:51:46 AM »

not entirely true. his pops is very cool peoples and his moms holds alot of weight. trust me his dad isnt the only person with influence.

Kob..  I am not saying you are wrong but I have watched Lance play since grammar school...     his father holds ALL the sway in the decision making process..  and next in line is Tiny....

Dan

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 04:04:17 AM »

Kob..  I am not saying you are wrong but I have watched Lance play since grammar school...     his father holds ALL the sway in the decision making process..  and next in line is Tiny....

Well if he held all the sway then there would be no next in line correct?

pmg911

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 09:42:37 AM »

Well if he held all the sway then there would be no next in line correct?

if you wwant to look at it that way. . you are right but I think you knew what I meant....

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Durand Scott - SG - Rice HS - New York, NY
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 12:51:22 PM »
Any thoughts on the possibility of getting Scott?  Those who have seen him live, what's his game like? 

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 07:15:11 PM »
Any thoughts on the possibility of getting Scott?  Those who have seen him live, what's his game like? 
He's an above-average shooter (which puts him well ahead of the curve in New York), an average handle for a quality 2, and a good, physical defender.  On a championship caliber team, he can be a integral member in a few years. 

kob24

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 07:43:19 PM »
nah durand has very very good handle. hes gonna play the point in college. thats what i like about him kev and omari. they can score but was given the gift to play point. when all three play together man its special.kevin usally takes the point. durand does all the crazy passing and omari defends and scores

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 08:01:31 PM »
nah durand has very very good handle. hes gonna play the point in college. thats what i like about him kev and omari. they can score but was given the gift to play point. when all three play together man its special.kevin usally takes the point. durand does all the crazy passing and omari defends and scores
Outside of a completely desperate one, which schools have actually told him that they view him as a future point guard for their program?

This is scout.com's take on 2/3 Durand Scott:

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=2619452

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
 Ballhandling 
 Catch and Shoot 
 Decision Making 

Strengths:
 Big-Game Player 
 Competitiveness 
 Toughness

Extremely competitive young man. Has improved his perimeter game through his high school years. He's the kind of guy you want on your team. Brings a hard-nosed attitude toward the game.

kob24

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 08:20:04 PM »
this is the same scout that has kevin a 3 star recruit. ive known durand since he was 10. i know whta he is capable of and hes capable of running a point. he runs it for guachos. and they are winning

Randomhero423

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 08:52:54 PM »
worse case scenario in college he's a glue guy off the bench.

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 08:57:19 PM »
this is the same scout that has kevin a 3 star recruit. ive known durand since he was 10. i know whta he is capable of and hes capable of running a point. he runs it for guachos. and they are winning
what position dos russ smith adn tyreak Johnson play rof  dem Choz%

hte gucahos have ben wiinnnning due to the outstanding play of their repimeter derpth, primarily their wings fo Lamb, Scott, and Baskin sa well sa the only decent 6'8"+ kid in NYC, Dna Jneeings

This weekend, they'll add 6'4" wing, Jason Morris, a 2010 kid from Hotchkiss via Augusta, Georgia.