Justin Brownlee - F - Chipola College - Tifton, GA -ST. JOHN'S (Signed LOI)

• 95 replies

Re: Justin Brownlee - F - Chipola College - Tifton, GA
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 05:42:58 PM »
unless the guy is marcus hatten or bootsy, i dont want another juco...  having 9 open scholarships in 2 years is an absolute joke.

gonzalo

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 01:50:30 AM »
Norm Roberts should save one scholarship for the next class (Pinkston, Collier, ...).

sjd8886

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 04:48:13 AM »
Norm Roberts should save one scholarship for the next class (Pinkston, Collier, ...).

next class, or next coach?

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 07:17:22 AM »
with mase leaving, we will have one for '10

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 02:52:32 PM »
unless the guy is marcus hatten or bootsy, i dont want another juco...  having 9 open scholarships in 2 years is an absolute joke.

The scholarship issue is really not that big.  If Norm hasn't proved anything he has proven he knows how to make room.   Very simple    "subtraction by addition" .   
The phrase perfect storm refers to the a simultaneous occurrence of events which, taken individually, would be far less powerful than the result of their chance combination. Such occurrences are, by their very nature, rare, and so even a slight change in any one event contributing to a ‘perfect storm’ would be sufficient to lessen the overall power of the final event.

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 03:18:13 PM »

The scholarship issue is really not that big.  If Norm hasn't proved anything he has proven he knows how to make room.   Very simple    "subtraction by addition" .   

i highly doubt guys will leave if they were already here for 3 years... unless of course there is a coaching change  :-* :-*

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 03:33:54 PM »
pass... pass... pass

Save for 2010,
unless a 5 (or 4.5) star prospect,
or a better pg than Malik*2
Molloy '71

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2009, 05:39:25 PM »

LOL 9 scholarships. What a joke. This team will be back to square 1 after 2011. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2009, 05:49:51 PM »
What if Dele redshirts?

I think a rotation of Burrell, Evans, Thomas, and Brownlee could work.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2009, 05:53:35 PM »
What if Dele redshirts?

both ideas dont sound to bad to me. but i was hoping to see some mase and dj at the four this year to help free up playing time for our abundance of shooting guards
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2009, 06:05:48 PM »
http://redstormsports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/051409aal.html 
brownlee to stj. thanks to theo for the heads up
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2009, 06:15:57 PM »
What if Dele redshirts?

Work for who? A McDonalds?  ;D ;D

Seriously though, now matter how you shake it, this front-court is not even close to adequate.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2009, 06:29:41 PM »
What if Dele redshirts?

Work for who? A McDonalds?  ;D ;D

Seriously though, now matter how you shake it, this front-court is not even close to adequate.

I'm going to disagree with you. I'm not making them out to be more than what they are but if you look around the conference there are teams who are seriously lacking front court presence. Now if our front court can improve from last season even marginally I think we're solid.

The problem that we have is we really need to work on rebounding the basketball. With our athleticism there is no reason we shouldn't get better production out of guys like Burrell and Evans. We shouldn't be getting smoked by the Lazar Haywards of the world.

Lazar Hayward is REALLY GOOD.

Lazar Hayward is REALLY GOOD.

He is still 6'6 though playing C.

Poison

Can anyone that has seen him play liken his skill set to another player? Thanks. I have read that he has a Jared Dudley type of game.

Can anyone that has seen him play liken his skill set to another player? Thanks. I have read that he has a Jared Dudley type of game.

Look back in the thread there is some video on him.

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2009, 07:07:15 PM »

LOL 9 scholarships. What a joke. This team will be back to square 1 after 2011.
What square are we at now?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 07:07:54 PM by patrick »

i hate the idea we will have so many open scholarships. if norm is still here when we have to fill up the scholarships, then the program is in big trouble. 

as to brownlee i won't comment since i haven't seen him play or heard of him.  but i'm not encouraged at all.