Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies

Marillac

Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #800 on: February 22, 2012, 02:10:08 PM »
I am really not sure why Brewster shows us no love, if what I heard is correct we helped Jakarr get to Brewster. I just think Smith is not getting what he wants from us one way or the other. I do feel however when all is said and done and Jakarr visits his schools, he will come back into the fold for us. 

The Smith nonsense was created by this board.  It is fictional.  Smith isn't trying to steer Sampson away from St. John's.

I'm not saying it is, but how do you know if that is true or not?

Smith has a loaded roster every year.  How many of those kids does he steer to Kansas?  Most never even consider Kansas.  People try to interpret tweets to much and then start believing the analysis of other posters as fact. 

boo3

« Reply #801 on: February 22, 2012, 02:14:08 PM »
 Don't change a thing Marillac.  You are a top 3 poster on this site. You have a cartoon character quality about your persona.

pmg911

« Reply #802 on: February 22, 2012, 02:17:27 PM »
who are the other two..?

« Reply #803 on: February 22, 2012, 02:23:27 PM »
Don't change a thing Marillac.  You are a top 3 poster on this site. You have a cartoon character quality about your persona.

who are the other two..?

Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck.

boo3

« Reply #804 on: February 22, 2012, 02:29:16 PM »

who are the other two..?

Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck.

IllWill and Lapchick1, naturally....

In all seriousness, If nothing else Marillac is always an interesting read, whether he's talking out of his a$$ or not.   It is definitely entertaining.  Don't get all serious and grumpy about some stupid arbitrary number i threw up.

There are a lot of posters here that bring some real knowledge and info to the table. I was just trying to defend Marillac , not that he needs me to.  Nice to have some positive folks still left.

« Reply #805 on: February 22, 2012, 02:33:14 PM »
I am really not sure why Brewster shows us no love, if what I heard is correct we helped Jakarr get to Brewster. I just think Smith is not getting what he wants from us one way or the other. I do feel however when all is said and done and Jakarr visits his schools, he will come back into the fold for us. 

The Smith nonsense was created by this board.  It is fictional.  Smith isn't trying to steer Sampson away from St. John's.

Smith has a loaded roster every year.  How many of those kids does he steer to Kansas?  Most never even consider Kansas.  People try to interpret tweets to much and then start believing the analysis of other posters as fact.
Marillac - JS jocks KU like no tomorrow.  He even uses twitter to lobby good players to come to Brewster.  It's not just my opinion that he walks a fine line with some comments. 

Look what he wrote to Chris Walker - in many people's opinions, this is not appropriate:

Hey @cwalkertime23 why don't you do your senior year at #Brewster and commit to #Kansas. Worked for @TRobinson0

https://twitter.com/BrewsterHoops/status/166001174103855105

I wonder what this guy is thinking...

« Reply #806 on: February 22, 2012, 03:04:38 PM »
Ridiculously out of line.

Happy

« Reply #807 on: February 22, 2012, 03:31:51 PM »

I don't believe anyone either way.  I just wanted to know how you knew as a fact, that he wasn't steering Sampson away from St John's.

MCNPA

« Reply #808 on: February 22, 2012, 03:49:13 PM »
I've heard from multiple people that he was giving Jakarr a hard time and making our recruitment more difficult.  It was not from Twitter.  Sure he's a KU shill there, but that's not the crux of it.

« Reply #809 on: February 22, 2012, 04:00:34 PM »
Could Sampson be pissed about being sent to Rise?

MCNPA

« Reply #810 on: February 22, 2012, 04:08:05 PM »
Could Sampson be pissed about being sent to Rise?

Not that.  He loves Lavin.  Rise was certainly a miscue that wasn't good for us but Jakarr was behind with classes to begin with.  Even rise was a stretch but worth a try. 

sju89tr

« Reply #811 on: February 22, 2012, 06:34:35 PM »

Marillac - JS jocks KU like no tomorrow.  He even uses twitter to lobby good players to come to Brewster.  It's not just my opinion that he walks a fine line with some comments. 

Look what he wrote to Chris Walker - in many people's opinions, this is not appropriate:

Hey @cwalkertime23 why don't you do your senior year at #Brewster and commit to #Kansas. Worked for @TRobinson0

https://twitter.com/BrewsterHoops/status/166001174103855105

I wonder what this guy is thinking...

I thought it was a joke

NYCoffey

« Reply #812 on: February 23, 2012, 09:53:03 AM »
new tweets from our friend at Brewster regarding Jakarr

Jason Smith @BrewsterHoops

Retweet
    Favorite
    · Open

First phone call post-game this evening was from #Providence head coach, Ed Cooley. He's recruiting @KarrSampson14 hard!
11h Jason Smith Jason Smith @BrewsterHoops

Retweet
    Favorite
    · Open

#Brewster forward @KarrSampson14 will be on official visit to #KU this weekend for #Mizzou game. He will be... fb.me/150eTD7aK

Marillac

« Reply #813 on: February 23, 2012, 01:38:59 PM »
KJD, tell me how you really feel :) Thanks boo3 lol.
There were two tweets by Smith that I feel have created the thought he is pro-Kansas.  The one above was the last. I don't like a lot of things about him like the way he recruits and the way he carries himself as a coach, but I think the KU thing is far off.  Most of all I dont want to negative posts about the coach of our top recruit to be floating around.

« Reply #814 on: February 23, 2012, 01:52:19 PM »
seems like we've gone cold the last couple of weeks when it comes to recruiting.  is the buzz gone?

would love to get Dave or SJU79's perspective on what's going on.  is there anything that we can look forward to soon?

« Reply #815 on: February 23, 2012, 01:55:27 PM »
seems like we've gone cold the last couple of weeks when it comes to recruiting.  is the buzz gone?

would love to get Dave or SJU79's perspective on what's going on.  is there anything that we can look forward to soon?

Cold the last couple of weeks?

pmg911

« Reply #816 on: February 23, 2012, 02:06:50 PM »
Marillac - I had higher expectations for at least a funny response

« Reply #817 on: February 23, 2012, 07:26:53 PM »
If Jakarr was at Bridgeton he would still be committed to St. John's. He went to Brewster and decommitted.

How do you think Kansas feels about JaKarr if they think they trail Providence in recruiting? What do you think they'd do?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

« Reply #818 on: February 23, 2012, 08:27:28 PM »
Quite a lot of talent at Sampson's last game for those with a twitter account. His jump shot seems to be getting better and better.
“@BrewsterHoops: #Brewster vs #Tilton highlights!  Amazing crowd and support by #BobcatNation at Smith Center.  1500+ in attendance! http://t.co/PKvFeJ40

Moose

« Reply #819 on: February 23, 2012, 08:38:08 PM »
Quite a lot of talent at Sampson's last game for those with a twitter account. His jump shot seems to be getting better and better.
“@BrewsterHoops: #Brewster vs #Tilton highlights!  Amazing crowd and support by #BobcatNation at Smith Center.  1500+ in attendance! http://t.co/PKvFeJ40

I noticed that improvement as well when I saw them play STK this year compared to the few times I saw Karr last year.
Remember who broke the Slice news