Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies

Marillac

Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #240 on: July 11, 2011, 09:17:03 PM »
According to Amir Garrett's Twitter account, he and Jakarr are playing in The Chosen League tonight in Philly.

Amir, Nuri and Jakarr from the Chosen League

http://yfrog.com/klr5wtjj

Norvel is not pictured but his name is tagged with the others...makes sense he'd play on that team too.

MCNPA

« Reply #241 on: July 11, 2011, 09:23:54 PM »
According to Amir Garrett's Twitter account, he and Jakarr are playing in The Chosen League tonight in Philly.

Amir, Nuri and Jakarr from the Chosen League

http://yfrog.com/klr5wtjj

Norvel is not pictured but his name is tagged with the others...makes sense he'd play on that team too.

He did say he wasn't feeling well and went to hospital.  Maybe the reason.  Great to have them all playing together.

NYCoffey

« Reply #242 on: July 13, 2011, 01:54:37 PM »
Here are numbers from Jakarr and Amirs first game at the Chosen league in Philly.

http://runhouse.net/2011/07/13/chosen-league-updates/

The action continues as the Philadelphia Chosen League moves into week 3:
*Game #1
Point 3 Basketball 83
-Jakari Simpson 22 Pts & 7 Rebs
-Amir Garrett 18 Pts & 4 Rebs
Old School Cavs 62
-George Carter 27 Pts
Notes: Chosen League Alumni & St. Johns Recruit Nurideen Lindsey Came by to watch future St. John Teammates Jakari Simpson & Amir Garrett Play in there 1st Chosen League Game

« Reply #243 on: July 13, 2011, 02:47:08 PM »
glad they got his name right..
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #244 on: July 13, 2011, 02:59:28 PM »
Does anyone know if Jakarr is taking classes in Philly too this summer?  I am guessing he is unless he went for a little trip that day but haven't seen it stated anywhere.

MCNPA

« Reply #245 on: July 13, 2011, 03:28:51 PM »
Does anyone know if Jakarr is taking classes in Philly too this summer?  I am guessing he is unless he went for a little trip that day but haven't seen it stated anywhere.

I believe so.

« Reply #246 on: July 13, 2011, 04:26:52 PM »
That's good I'm glad Norvel has some company out there. Mo isn't taking classes at st johns this summer. So to my knowledge theres stith, GG, Dom,  and Phil on campus. I don't know if D'angelo is in NY or not does anyone have conformation?

Moose

« Reply #247 on: July 13, 2011, 05:06:28 PM »
That's good I'm glad Norvel has some company out there. Mo isn't taking classes at st johns this summer. So to my knowledge theres stith, GG, Dom,  and Phil on campus. I don't know if D'angelo is in NY or not does anyone have conformation?

Deangelo was supposed to be in NY and Moe was actually supposed to be as well.  He might be living home and going to school.  But honestly who knows.  If you told me a month ago we would have Norvel, Amir and Jakarr in Philly I would say your nuts.
Remember who broke the Slice news

NYCoffey

« Reply #248 on: July 13, 2011, 07:38:20 PM »

Deangelo was supposed to be in NY and Moe was actually supposed to be as well.  He might be living home and going to school.  But honestly who knows.  If you told me a month ago we would have Norvel, Amir and Jakarr in Philly I would say your nuts.

Dont forget Nuri is in Phillly also. Its 1/3 of our team. but as far as Nuri and Jakarr are concerned, it doesnt sound like they are there for classes (although Nuri may be taking on line courses). I dont think its a bad thing to have 4 of our guys working out and playing together even though it's not on campus. I would feel more warm and fuzzy if they were on campus though.

« Reply #249 on: July 13, 2011, 09:34:08 PM »

I know some people don't like some things they read on Twitter but I saw Phill Greene asking Moe "when are you coming?", which I assume he means to school, and Moe replied "whenever they let me bro." This is all speculation, but does this have anything to do with the Hicks situation and whether or not he is eligible to play for us? I figured he would be the first one on campus considering he lives so close.

« Reply #250 on: July 13, 2011, 09:38:13 PM »

I know some people don't like some things they read on Twitter but I saw Phill Greene asking Moe "when are you coming?", which I assume he means to school, and Moe replied "whenever they let me bro." This is all speculation, but does this have anything to do with the Hicks situation and whether or not he is eligible to play for us? I figured he would be the first one on campus considering he lives so close.

I saw that aswell. Not sure what to think of it but people have said it wont be an issue. I also saw Mo say he was gonna be on campus when the regular students arrived in the fall

MCNPA

« Reply #251 on: July 13, 2011, 10:28:01 PM »

Probably so.  Lavin probably doesn't want to risk it for Mo, and the NCAA is notorious for dragging their feet.  THey could have ruled on this about a year ago, but the NCAA always drags things out.  I don't think it will be an issue either, but waiting for the NCAA is like waiting for Godot.

« Reply #252 on: July 13, 2011, 10:40:17 PM »
ugh. I hope this gets resolved. Mo is penciled in for me as a starter, we can't have any problems. Most schools have their freshmen on campus getting acclimated, ours are scattered. That is frustrating.

Marillac

« Reply #253 on: July 13, 2011, 11:11:03 PM »
ugh. I hope this gets resolved. Mo is penciled in for me as a starter, we can't have any problems. Most schools have their freshmen on campus getting acclimated, ours are scattered. That is frustrating.

I'm not happy either.  This whole Philly thing seems so odd to me....almost orchestrated.  I just can't wait for all of this to be resolved.  The NCAA is an effing joke.  Mo is a good student and if they can't get their ish together over this...wow.  It's one thing to screen fishy players, but it's just downright wrong to mess with innocent kids.

Moose

« Reply #254 on: July 13, 2011, 11:35:29 PM »
I'm almost tempted to say we volunteer he sit out the first 2 games.  He played 2 tourneys for the 'Chos so offer up 2 games.  We shouldnt need him those first two games and then he's back for the first CVC MSG game.

MCNPA

« Reply #255 on: July 13, 2011, 11:42:05 PM »

I'm not happy either.  This whole Philly thing seems so odd to me....almost orchestrated.  I just can't wait for all of this to be resolved.  The NCAA is an effing joke.  Mo is a good student and if they can't get their ish together over this...wow.  It's one thing to screen fishy players, but it's just downright wrong to mess with innocent kids.

You think the Philly thing is not somewhat orchestrated?  Our staff knows what they need to do.  As far as Mo goes though, I am positive we are just waiting for an NCAA that is dragging their feet as usual. I don't think there will be a problem.  I can't believe there would be as there is sooo little association between Maurice and Hicks it isn't even funny.  Nate Blue was his "corner man" if anything, not Hicks.  It's absurd, but these are the hoops that need to be jumped through.  Gotta wait it out.  I think we'll be fine, as it seems none of these young men need to go the prep route, and are actively playing and finishing what they need to do.

LJSA

« Reply #256 on: July 14, 2011, 12:51:33 PM »
I sometimes get the feeling that the NCAA is still mad about Jarvis' rape comment way back when.

Moose

« Reply #257 on: July 14, 2011, 01:39:20 PM »
I sometimes get the feeling that the NCAA is still mad about Jarvis' rape comment way back when.

Thats 2 regimes removed.  I think they are just incompetent all around.

LJSA

« Reply #258 on: July 14, 2011, 02:26:01 PM »

It's quite convenient for the NCAA that most of the kids they f with don't have the resources to challenge them.

I'm sure it's happened since, but it's pretty sad that Kenny thomas is the last guy I remember really standing up to them and winning.

« Reply #259 on: July 14, 2011, 09:17:04 PM »

It's quite convenient for the NCAA that most of the kids they f with don't have the resources to challenge them.

I'm sure it's happened since, but it's pretty sad that Kenny thomas is the last guy I remember really standing up to them and winning.

What happened with Kenny Thomas? I dont remember that