Nurideen Lindsey - PG - Redlands CC - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S

• 402 replies

jermwhite@yahoo.com

Re: Nurideen Lindsey - PG - Redlands CC - Philadelphia, PA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »
Anything new on Lindsey? No idea what he's done lately. So hard to find video and stats on him.

« Reply #161 on: March 03, 2011, 12:38:31 PM »
Lindsey has a game that will be televised today at 2pm (I'm assuming, it'll be 3pm EST) on infinitysports.tv.  Hopefully, we all can finally get a look at him later today.

Poison

« Reply #162 on: March 03, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »
What in the wide wide world of sports is infinitysports.tv?

« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2011, 01:19:54 PM »
Exactly what it sounds like.

http://infinitysports.tv/
 :D

kjd01067

« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2011, 02:36:37 PM »
The game is on NOW if anyone is interested

« Reply #165 on: March 03, 2011, 05:38:27 PM »
any report from the game?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #166 on: March 03, 2011, 08:09:05 PM »
any report from the game?

He looked good.  I had no idea what to expect with his gaudy stats.  He's definitely not a freak athlete or even a great athlete.  He's not a deep shooter either, but he's awesome at what he does. 

He's going to live at the FT line.  He looks for contact and gets off good shots after he receives it.  He has a great jump stop and has a lot of shake.  The PG that was covering him was a good defender, albeit small as h'ell, but he didn't hav a prayer of staying in front of Nuri.

He's kind of a throwback.  He's steady and not a lot of sizzle like I expected.  He'll be awesome in Lavin's system of passing/screening around the perimter and then attacking off the dribble.  I loved that he got his points "quietly" and didn't have to dominate the ball to be effective.  Redlands used a lot of motion similar to some of the sets we utilize and Nuri was just as happy passing, screening, or moving away from the ball to create space as he was driving to the basket.

I don't think is an NBA caliber player right now by any stretch.  The biggest negative I saw was he wasn't even trying on defense.  He stood striaght up with no defensive stance the entire game.  He's a guesser too and had some nice anticipation steals, but he needs to get into it defensively.  The competion was atrocious. 

Marillac

« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2011, 08:16:56 PM »
I'd expect him to average about 16 ppg easily next year.  He'll be deadly with the ball in his hands and time running out.  He's also the kind of guy that will really limit scoring droubts, because he can get an open look or draw contact in the lane at will.

I think Harrison will be the kid that gives us the sizzle while Lindsey will be a steady kid that attacks and doesn't play too flashy. 

Also, I think we'll need two guys that can handle the rock on the floor at the same time because Nuri didn't look like he had a true PG's handle, but he did look like a SG that could really handle the ball if he had to--if that makes sense.

« Reply #168 on: March 03, 2011, 09:23:41 PM »
appreciate it marillac. the clips i saw didnt make me think he was an awesome athlete but thats what the reports said. Does he compare to hardy in terms of athleticism and size?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

kjd01067

« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2011, 09:39:38 AM »
appreciate it marillac. the clips i saw didnt make me think he was an awesome athlete but thats what the reports said. Does he compare to hardy in terms of athleticism and size?

He is taller than Hardy and a little more well built, as far as athleticism I would say they are comparable.

« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2011, 08:51:46 PM »
Nuri's team won their regional championship so Redlands will advance to the NJCAA National Champioship.  Tourney March 15-19.  The tourney website states live videostreaming will be available for all game.

http://www.njcaa.org/sports_nationalChampionship.cfm?category=National%20Championship&sid=4&divid=1&slid=2

« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2011, 01:08:08 PM »
Nuri will be playing on Wednesday March 16 at 1PM

http://www.redlandscc.edu/mens-basketball
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2011, 01:22:08 PM »
Surprised to see that Nuri has only hit 8 three pointers all year with 23 attempts.  Averages 22.3 points, 5.1 assists, 5.6 rebounds, 2.5 steals

Made 57% FG and 74% FT.

http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_college_player.cfm?sid=4&collegeid=1257&category=Roster&slid=2&teamid=107431&athleteid=317984

BTW they start off against the #2 ranked team so it should be good competition for him.

Marillac

« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2011, 02:24:50 AM »
Surprised to see that Nuri has only hit 8 three pointers all year with 23 attempts.  Averages 22.3 points, 5.1 assists, 5.6 rebounds, 2.5 steals

Made 57% FG and 74% FT.

http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_college_player.cfm?sid=4&collegeid=1257&category=Roster&slid=2&teamid=107431&athleteid=317984

BTW they start off against the #2 ranked team so it should be good competition for him.

That's less than God's Gift has hit!  Honestly, his form is atrocious.  He even looks terrible from the FT line.  He missed at least five FT's the game I watched and rimmed in a bunch of others.  He doesn't bend his knees at all from the line. 

He also doesn't really look for the deep ball.  He only took two jumpers--both looked awful--but his midrange is sick and he can get to the rim at will.  He blew a lot of layups, however.  I'm beginning to doubt how many minutes he'll see due the defense I saw him play and the outside shooting woes.  I think he'll get a lot of burn, but maybe won't be the super hero we all hoped for.

« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2011, 03:48:28 PM »

Made 57% FG and 74% FT.

That's less than God's Gift has hit!  Honestly, his form is atrocious.  He even looks terrible from the FT line.  He missed at least five FT's the game I watched and rimmed in a bunch of others.  He doesn't bend his knees at all from the line. 

He also doesn't really look for the deep ball.  He only took two jumpers--both looked awful--but his midrange is sick and he can get to the rim at will.  He blew a lot of layups, however.  I'm beginning to doubt how many minutes he'll see due the defense I saw him play and the outside shooting woes.  I think he'll get a lot of burn, but maybe won't be the super hero we all hoped for.
he doesnt need to be an amazing 3 point shooter he needs to penetrate which is really what pgs need to do
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 03:49:32 PM by stjchris128 »

« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2011, 07:57:32 PM »
http://www.cybersportsusa.com/webgames/webgame.aspx?xmlfile=SouRed031620111300.xml&uid=0&ssid=

His season ended today 78-72.  Finished with 18 points on 7/11 shooting

Moose

« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2011, 09:52:25 PM »
http://www.cybersportsusa.com/webgames/webgame.aspx?xmlfile=SouRed031620111300.xml&uid=0&ssid=

His season ended today 78-72.  Finished with 18 points on 7/11 shooting

Supposedly there is 3rd place game.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2011, 10:30:45 PM »
You're right since they lost in the first round they play tomorrow at 2PM against Cape Fear to get a chance at the 7th/8th place game.

« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2011, 07:25:04 PM »
OK now his season is over.  He had 33 today.

http://www.njcaa.org/newsArticle.cfm?articleId=14077

Game 14: Cape Fear 93, Redlands 83

The first session of Day 3 at the 2011 NJCAA DI Men's Basketball Championship ended with a slow moving contest as play was constantly stopped due to 62 fouls being called. To make matters worse both teams committed 40+ turnovers combined as well.

After a 45-45 tie at the half, Cape Fear held a slim 85-83 with 25 seconds remaining. Antwan Bosier then sank free throws to put the Sea Devils up by four. Redlands then turned the ball over with their next possesion, which led to Bosier hitting two more free throws to give Cape Fear a 89-83 lead. Nurideen Lindsey, who scored 33 points for Redlands, was then hit with a flagarant foul and head coach Yaphett King was issued a technical foul. Bosier hit four more from the charity stripe to end the final margin of victory at 93-83.

Tavares Speaks led the Sea Devils with 25 points and five rebounds. Vernon Payne scored 19 and also had five boards.

Redlands ends their 2011 season at 20-13.

Streaming...
http://panhandle.ezstream.com/play/index.cfm?fuseaction=embstay&id=1E23D7A817
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:18:18 AM by jumpinjohnny »