Game 10: Fordham

• 60 replies
Re: Game 10: Fordham
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2016, 11:30:16 PM »
Curious what others think about Sima's limited minutes (12) tonight?

Alibegovic got 18 and Freudenberg got 13 tonight.  Granted, Fordham didn't have a low post presence so it may just be the opponent.   

Don't get me wrong, we need Sima especially in BE play, but i get the sense he isn't comfortable in the offense.
I hope it is a message that is being sent. He is too docile and needs to have a fire lit under him.

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2016, 12:23:38 AM »
I think Sima is probably struggling catching the ball st top of key and being a decision maker. Owens has shown promise there which surprises me. I think Sima is better with back to basket and that will work with some personnel packages but not with all.

I have to take a deeper look at the bigs min but I feel like as a whole they are down which imo is good
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2016, 12:40:58 AM »
I think Sima is probably struggling catching the ball st top of key and being a decision maker. Owens has shown promise there which surprises me. I think Sima is better with back to basket and that will work with some personnel packages but not with all.

I have to take a deeper look at the bigs min but I feel like as a whole they are down which imo is good

When Sima plays with his back to the basket, gets the ball and starts his dribble trying to back his man down, it's amazing that he doesn't get stripped every single time. He is stubborn. His bad habits from last year have gotten worse. If I were Mullin, I'd tell him that if he dribbles the ball, he's coming out of the game. Not that he'd care.

I've been disappointed with his effort since he got there. But we shouldn't be surprised. He's been playing a lazy brand of basketball since last year. BUT, Yakwe brought energy last year. He played hard. The real question we'd love to answer to is what has happened to him? Is he hurt? Depressed? Suddenly disinterested?

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2016, 07:03:04 AM »
They destroyed Fordham by 28 points last night how can there be everything negative about the game.

Chris coaching is becoming better after each game they are spreading the floor much better
My question is where Mr. Negative Baldi - when they lose he is the first one posted about the team is lousy Chris cant coach no Splice.
When they win like last night nothing -bring on Iona.
Great game and effort last night.

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2016, 07:52:15 AM »
They destroyed Fordham by 28 points last night how can there be everything negative about the game.

Chris coaching is becoming better after each game they are spreading the floor much better
My question is where Mr. Negative Baldi - when they lose he is the first one posted about the team is lousy Chris cant coach no Splice.

Didn't see the game, was getting a mani/pedi.

I'm not drunk enough to understand your post

Poison

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2016, 07:56:01 AM »

We beat Fordham by 28. Not Syracuse.

TONYD3

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2016, 08:06:29 AM »

Agree great game . Let's handle LIU and then get ready for some real teams. Only criticism is fxck is amar playing so much?

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2016, 08:40:44 AM »
You would be the first one to post if they would have lost

Maybe the players are getting more comfortable playing as a team - Chris is starting to understand his players better.
The offense has look much better in the last three games better passing
It seems like people are more happy when they lose so they can post negative things about the team especially Chris and Mitch.
Lets see how the season plays out but even Baldi has to admit one thing they are much more exciting than last year.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 08:42:23 AM by Scheppy »

Foad

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2016, 09:42:25 AM »

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2016, 12:08:17 PM »

When Sima plays with his back to the basket, gets the ball and starts his dribble trying to back his man down, it's amazing that he doesn't get stripped every single time. He is stubborn. His bad habits from last year have gotten worse. If I were Mullin, I'd tell him that if he dribbles the ball, he's coming out of the game. Not that he'd care.

I've been disappointed with his effort since he got there. But we shouldn't be surprised. He's been playing a lazy brand of basketball since last year. BUT, Yakwe brought energy last year. He played hard. The real question we'd love to answer to is what has happened to him? Is he hurt? Depressed? Suddenly disinterested?

During one cutaway to Mullin coaching the players, he can be heard yelling at Sima to get his head into the game.

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2016, 12:13:38 PM »

During one cutaway to Mullin coaching the players, he can be heard yelling at Sima to get his head into the game.
Hope his head isn't where Opekpa's was.  ;) :)

redslope

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2016, 12:14:05 PM »

Agree great game . Let's handle LIU and then get ready for some real teams. Only criticism is fxck is amar playing so much?

As to Amar--last night was an excellent example of how he can get minutes--NO fouls; rebound; no stupid shots (he was sat down quickly after one).  Play defense.  He is also our bulkiest player at 240 and will be needed in BE.

TONYD3

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2016, 12:23:50 PM »

As to Amar--last night was an excellent example of how he can get minutes--NO fouls; rebound; no stupid shots (he was sat down quickly after one).  Play defense.  He is also our bulkiest player at 240 and will be needed in BE.
Maybe I just hate him . I saw him dribbling out of control. Taking 3's (which is a bad shot for him) which led to fast breaks for the other team. He caught rebounds because he played not because he rebounds well. Fordham big men are most likely worse . That won't be the case after next week.

Foad

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2016, 12:49:16 PM »

Maybe I just hate him . I saw him dribbling out of control. Taking 3's (which is a bad shot for him) which led to fast breaks for the other team. He caught rebounds because he played not because he rebounds well. Fordham big men are most likely worse . That won't be the case after next week.

Just one shitpost after another. I give you points for sticktoitiveness. Aliobegovish got 8 rebounds in 18 minutes. He's been averaging two in 10. So it wasn't just the minutes, it's that he tried to get rebounds.

I know you claim to be a coach but have you ever actually watched a basketball game? Because you don't seem to have the slightest understanding of the game or how its played.

TONYD3

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2016, 01:32:30 PM »

Just one shitpost after another. I give you points for sticktoitiveness. Aliobegovish got 8 rebounds in 18 minutes. He's been averaging two in 10. So it wasn't just the minutes, it's that he tried to get rebounds.

I know you claim to be a coach but have you ever actually watched a basketball game? Because you don't seem to have the slightest understanding of the game or how its played.

Your right foady. Stats taken in a blowout vs inferior team are a great measure of a player.

Foad

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2016, 01:35:35 PM »

Your right foady. Stats taken in a blowout vs inferior team are a great measure of a player.

Also you are bad at reading, because I didn't say anything about his stats being a measure of anything. What I said was he didn't get 8 rebounds in 18 minutes merely because he played 6 minutes more than he usually plays when he gets two rebounds in 12 minutes. Which was what you claimed in your brilliant shitpost.

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2016, 01:36:57 PM »
Amar is a totally fine 10th man.  Always appreciate the energy, and he's a good character kid for the program.

The 8 boards in 18 minutes is excellent, but he had at least 3 defensive rebs in situations with no Fordham player even in the vicinity of the hoop; so this game is likely more an outlier than a harbinger for future rebounding prowess.

More than anything, Amar needs to understand his role offensively.  He had two self-inflicted turnovers on the perimeter and continues to shoot way more often than his role mandates.  I could also use less of the euro step in the lane.  Unless, of course, Mullin wants him to be a heat check guy off the bench (which would be troubling).

cjfish

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2016, 01:53:14 PM »
WIth Sima transferring I think we will see a lot more of Amar.  He does have certain positives......setting screens.....usually his off the ball movement is correct, doesn't hold the ball, passes OK in ball movement, ...not afraid to whack people.....if he rebounds like he did against FU he could be valuable......with his size it is only a matter of concentrating on position and boxing out.  Remember, he has not received much time and is only a soph.   Get inside big guy.

Foad

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2016, 02:13:25 PM »
The 8 boards in 18 minutes is excellent, but he had at least 3 defensive rebs in situations with no Fordham player even in the vicinity of the hoop; so this game is likely more an outlier than a harbinger for future rebounding prowess.

Yeah no one's saying he suddenly morphed into Maurice Lucas but otoh there's no need to shit on him. Eight rebounds, 3 points, 2 assists from the 8th man in 18 minutes in a 30 point win is not a bad effort, I don't care how many rebounds bounced into his hands randomly.

Johnny23

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2016, 02:28:48 PM »
WIth Sima transferring I think we will see a lot more of Amar.  He does have certain positives......setting screens.....usually his off the ball movement is correct, doesn't hold the ball, passes OK in ball movement, ...not afraid to whack people.....if he rebounds like he did against FU he could be valuable......with his size it is only a matter of concentrating on position and boxing out.  Remember, he has not received much time and is only a soph.   Get inside big guy.

He's a junior but I agree with most of what you're saying. Amar can be serviceable with some more minutes and just doing his job (rebounds, screens, spacing, occasional shot).