Foad

Re: Backup Point Guard?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 04:13:17 PM »
Anyone have an idea of our targets?

You worry about the silliest things.

hnk

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 04:29:17 PM »
Don't worry about it.  But it's true, I worry about you.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 04:36:31 PM by hnk »

hnk

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 04:35:33 PM »
You need more than one point guard....foul trouble....illness....Alumni Hall......Phillie.....injury....some people think Jordan's natural position is the 2 or even 3.   

lihoop

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 05:13:37 PM »
true dat

« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 03:04:34 PM by bball purist »

Poison

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 03:28:31 PM »
You need more than one point guard....foul trouble....illness....Alumni Hall......Phillie.....injury....some people think Jordan's natural position is the 2 or even 3.   

I agree, he's not a natural point guard. He should be playing the 2.

Marillac

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 04:05:40 PM »

Dream PG is still Briscoe and there are probably a few things that could unfold that would free him up for us.  Watching him in the McDonald's All-American game...wow the kid is so good.  Always under control, very strong already, so skilled it's ridiculous.  It's never wise to count on freshmen, but this kid is the exception to that well established rule.  He is a program changer, even if just for a season.

I realize it's a huge reach, but worth keeping tabs on if Cal leaves for the NBA and we get Slice and/or the Harrison brothers and a Booker or Lyles don't jump to the league as expected.

If not IB, it will have to be addressed.  We don't have a natural PG on the roster, and Chris, unlike Lavin, seems like he'll run out a traditional lineup.

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 04:12:06 PM »

Dream PG is still Briscoe and there are probably a few things that could unfold that would free him up for us.  Watching him in the McDonald's All-American game...wow the kid is so good.  Always under control, very strong already, so skilled it's ridiculous.  It's never wise to count on freshmen, but this kid is the exception to that well established rule.  He is a program changer, even if just for a season.

I realize it's a huge reach, but worth keeping tabs on if Cal leaves for the NBA and we get Slice and/or the Harrison brothers and a Booker or Lyles don't jump to the league as expected.

If not IB, it will have to be addressed.  We don't have a natural PG on the roster, and Chris, unlike Lavin, seems like he'll run out a traditional lineup.

So if matt A got us Darien, Slice gets us IB, who will Pinkney bring? Derrick Rose?  ;D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 04:12:43 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 04:35:20 PM »

So if matt A got us Darien, Slice gets us IB, who will Pinkney bring? Derrick Rose?  ;D

If Cal did leave for the NBA, I think IB would have found his way back to SJU anyway, but Slice would certainly help.  UK is an amazing program without Cal, but the kids the last few years have picked them because of the machine that Cal has created.  IB confirmed this when he mistakenly said he was going to UK because D Rose and Evans went there. 

I know it is unlikely, but the kid is just sooooo good. 

redslope

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 06:50:39 PM »
What happens if The Harrison Twins stay and they also have The 2 Frosh return to the backcourt,  Where does IB fit in?  Where does loyalty to those who got you to the National semi finals?  Does Cal "encourage" the twins to leave before they are ready?  How does this play with future recruits?  The problem of "forced" fall signings.  Stay tuned for "As the Basketball Turns" :)

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 07:48:53 PM »
What happens if The Harrison Twins stay and they also have The 2 Frosh return to the backcourt,  Where does IB fit in?  Where does loyalty to those who got you to the National semi finals?  Does Cal "encourage" the twins to leave before they are ready?  How does this play with future recruits?  The problem of "forced" fall signings.  Stay tuned for "As the Basketball Turns" :)
He said he was not going to sign a NLI, next day he did.  It's because Andrew Harrison mumbled something to him under his breath...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf_IH3rj0hY
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 07:50:29 PM by bball purist »

boo3

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 07:57:28 PM »
Lets forget about Briscoe.  Lol

hnk

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2015, 04:11:48 PM »
Branch averaged 22 minutes.....we'll need someone.