Recruiting Outlook

• 150 replies
Re: Recruiting Outlook
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2015, 08:41:44 PM »
Re: school on Wednesday.

Wednesdays are only three hour classes. So if you don't have a three hour class you don't have to go to school.

« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2015, 10:23:35 PM »

« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2015, 11:09:07 PM »
"Mullin's first recruit should be on board by end of week. Expect the scoop on JJ."

Dave, it's almost midnight - I'm waiting 8)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:09:49 PM by bball purist »

« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2015, 03:25:52 AM »
http://nypost.com/2015/04/02/chris-mullin-making-push-for-this-top-nyc-recruit/

Mullin and Abdelmassih were planning to speak with a number of local coaches Wednesday night and Abdelmassih said they will be extending scholarship offers “galore these next couple of days.”

« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2015, 12:30:41 PM »
@AdamZagoria
St. John's will be in New Orleans & Dallas for the first AAU weekend April 10 and will then begin home visits April 17, per source.

« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2015, 12:40:01 PM »
What I'm saying about Jordan as a point guard...if you want to say that as a recruiting tool, that's great. On-court, not ready to hand him 30-35 minutes a night as the primary point guard. Great option for offense, no doubt about it.

But it isn't just the turnovers. Point guards need to get people involved and too many times it was Sheed bringing it down and taking a jumper or a drive. A lot of those missed shots are turnovers.

We need a mature, pass first PG. Hope Sheed comes back, but needs to be more committed and focused than he has been the last two seasons.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2015, 09:23:03 AM »
Mullin's first recruit should be on board by end of week. Expect the scoop on JJ.

Recruitment will move fast but I'd temper expectations for Cheick Diallo. His recruitment will take some time to unfold. A lot of ground needs to be made up there.

Damion Lee will definitely be a target and his family ties in the area will certainly help.

Other 5th year transfer guards will be targets. The bigs most likely will be JUCOs.

Goal is to win now and balance out scholarship distribution. Coach A specializes in such.

Is this still happening? Or did something go wrong?

« Reply #148 on: April 04, 2015, 09:32:15 AM »
It's great how the Chris and Matt reached out to Sima. I'd recommend one of the next out of state calls goes to old friend Jay Murphy to see if there's any chance Tomas would consider taking a look at what he's doing here. Tomas will be a really versatile 4 as I posted a while back.

jr49

« Reply #149 on: April 04, 2015, 04:06:14 PM »
We need Rysheed back if we want any hope of going to the ncaas again.  Point guards don't grow on trees, and he'd be among the best in the conference if he returned.

Honestly, I think he could strive in a Mullin system.  Assuming we play a pro style, Rysheed has the best court vision on the team, can make those cross court passes, and runs the pick n roll well. 

My gut tells me it's a long shot, but we'll see.

But is he a point guard or even close to one?  He hasn't been the past two seasons.  Don't get me wrong, I want him back, but establishing a winning culture has already started and no coach can ever let one guy jeopardize that...it's a slippery slope.
He needs to be all in or it won't work.  His games won't cut it with Mullin at the helm. 
I think he's a 2 who can make a good pass. If he wants to be a point he must reach out to everybody he can for help. He can be a better 2 learning to play without the ball in his hands. That might be the way to go.

Gumby

« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2015, 10:01:45 AM »
While none of us knows the final outcome of this year's recruiting efforts, it sure sounds better than it was two weeks ago.

We might even have a good team this coming season.  Lets hope so!