Felix back home

• 31 replies

Moose

Re: Felix back home
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2014, 10:02:32 PM »
I'm not convinced having a sick mother is grounds for a redshirt. if he re aggravated an injury,that would be grounds for 1. And as unfair as it sounds wo a redshirt,he looses the year,Like Hooper did playing 1 game for Harvard. that said, I hope he gets it.

But he is back in his country and not in school.  It's a little different to me.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2014, 12:17:55 PM »
Felix Balamou is back with #SJUBB today after tending to a family illness in Guinea.

https://twitter.com/StJohnsBBall/status/429663703769047040

TONYD3

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 08:55:46 PM »
Don't know about redshirt. But Felix is sitting behind bench in all red warmup , not regular warmups

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 09:02:12 PM »
He was in regular warm ups on Saturday. Wonder if they got the red shirt back? Can you even do that?

TONYD3

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014, 09:08:52 PM »
I know of guys who played a little in football got their red shirt back. But they got hurt . Tyler eifert from nd played a little as freshman. He hurt his back.  ( atleast he said he did) he also only played a little in the very beginning of the season . Not sure if that makes a difference

paultzman

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 09:00:49 AM »
Hopefully Felix's buddy Diallo was watching last night. His former coach at OSNA was;

@EJack_: Congrats to former OSNA player @obekpa12 on his 10 pt 5 rb and 3 blks last night in @StJohnsBBall 86-76 win over Providence last night

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 08:03:45 PM »
I know no one feels that Felix is the answer, but I am curious about what is going on with him.  I've always been intrigued by his athleticism and reputation for being a hard worker.  I'm looking forward to seeing him play even with the growing pains we'll see on the court.

I hope he isn't transferring.  And I hope to hell he qualifies for the red shirt this year because of his family situation.  Haven't heard anything more on that.

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2014, 08:08:52 PM »
I know no one feels that Felix is the answer, but I am curious about what is going on with him.  I've always been intrigued by his athleticism and reputation for being a hard worker.  I'm looking forward to seeing him play even with the growing pains we'll see on the court.

I hope he isn't transferring.  And I hope to hell he qualifies for the red shirt this year because of his family situation.  Haven't heard anything more on that.

I hear he plans to room with Cheick Diallo in 2015.    :)

DFF6

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 08:47:08 PM »

So Felix is transferring too?? 

Poison

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2014, 10:18:00 PM »

I really hope not. He's the kind of player we need more of.

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2014, 11:37:08 PM »

That was a joke.  He was indicating that Diallo will not be at St. John's.

DFF6

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2014, 11:49:55 PM »

That was a joke.  He was indicating that Diallo will not be at St. John's.

Yes.  Sorry.  It was a joke.  I would have no problems seeing Felix fill Phil's shoes next year.  Just hope he has 3 years left and not 2.