Thanks Godsgift

• 19 replies
Thanks Godsgift
« on: March 19, 2014, 12:26:22 AM »
Always hustled, always played hard, and never heard a peep out of him complaining. He was a good teammate and thankful he was a Johnny.

Good luck with life after SJU.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Thanks Godsgift
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 12:34:31 AM »
+1

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 12:37:40 AM »
Orlando & Marco too. From what I remember both those guys worked hard and never complained despite bumps in the road

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 12:41:30 AM »
agreed, and not only that he is a stellar student also. As much as tonight was pretty bad, as a whole i like this group of kids alot.

Poison

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 12:48:54 AM »
agreed, and not only that he is a stellar student also. As much as tonight was pretty bad, as a whole i like this group of kids alot.

I'm curious, why do you like this group of kids a lot?

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 01:24:02 AM »

I also like this group.  They represent the university and themselves very well.  I'm proud that they are part of the st john's family. 

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 07:52:22 AM »
If the other players on the team played as hard as gift did all the time, maybe we win last night. Maybe we're in the NCAA tournament. Good luck to Gift.

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 09:03:45 AM »
Good luck Clay Davis!  SHEEEET

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 10:36:00 AM »

these kids needs to be guided and coached. I seem to remember the Hardy team the prior 3 seasons just like this. All building in a culmination of their final season and showing battle tested grit. Did I think this group would be better sooner? of course I did. If they fail next season its on the players and the coaches. Players need to show a sense of urgency . If your senior year and last chance to impress doesn't , I don't know what does. Ive enjoyed watching them grow as players ( dom has regressed a bit ) but we have gotten better every year. We aren't kentucky or duke, but we can be a sustainable winner. Maybe lavs won't be the answer, but I  enjoy watching these kids play. call me a sadist i guess.

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 10:41:14 AM »

these kids needs to be guided and coached. I seem to remember the Hardy team the prior 3 seasons just like this. All building in a culmination of their final season and showing battle tested grit. Did I think this group would be better sooner? of course I did. If they fail next season its on the players and the coaches. Players need to show a sense of urgency . If your senior year and last chance to impress doesn't , I don't know what does. Ive enjoyed watching them grow as players ( dom has regressed a bit ) but we have gotten better every year. We aren't kentucky or duke, but we can be a sustainable winner. Maybe lavs won't be the answer, but I  enjoy watching these kids play. call me a sadist i guess.

Regressed a bit? If Domregressed anymore he would be back in the womb

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 10:50:00 AM »
God's Gift was a gentleman and a scholar.  All the best and we expect big things out of you in life!

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 11:47:10 AM »
Defiantly best of luck to him and to all the Seniors graduating! They represented the school proudly and worked to the best of their abilities. God's Gift is one if those unique names with a better story behind it.
Cougar O' Malley

desco80

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 11:48:48 AM »
Gift, If you read these boards you'll know that I'm a jerk - and I was critical of your game at times - but thank you for your effort and good luck with everything that comes next.    And congrats on all your success in the classroom as well.

redslope

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 11:55:31 AM »
Thanks GG.  No one can ever say you did not give it your all and that will be a positive in whatever you do in the future.  Your being named to the President's Society was a tremendous honor for an athlete.  Good luck in your future endeavors; with your effort and intelligence you should find success

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 12:12:23 PM »
Seems like a great guy and teammate.  Thanks for the hard work
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 03:19:47 PM »
God's Gift was a gentleman and a scholar.  All the best and we expect big things out of you in life!

This. Good luck in everything you do Gift!

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 11:44:06 PM »
Thanks for your contributions to our university. Best of luck in all your future endeavors!

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 08:09:11 PM »
I'd be curious to know if God's Gift has any potential to play in Europe or internationally.  Don't know what he intends to do following graduation.

Life after basketball must be tough for those who never see beyond the hardwood in college.  GG got the most out of his education at SJU.  I'm sure he'll land on his feet and be successful.

Tiznow

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 11:14:00 PM »
Best thread in a long while.  This guy earned our admiration.  He played on the undermanned team of two years ago and took on more than most could handle.  Has any player represented the program better than this man?

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 12:39:36 AM »
I don't believe he has a future in basketball on the pro level but he is an honor student, has a graduate degree, works hard, carries himself well, has been an outstanding rep for the University and is well liked by all. He has a wonderful future in the real world and he has earned it. And he is the treasure that UConn so sorely lacks-----a basketball player who actually graduated!!!!!