What will it take to dance?

• 46 replies
Re: What will it take to dance?
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2015, 04:17:00 PM »
IMO. Absolutely need to beat Xavier and Marquette, and split the Nova/Grown. We need help too. That D2 win is biting us in the arse, useless game

Need help?  Please!  #37 RPI rating and #31 SOS.  The Johnnies control their own destiny. 

2-2 and a win in the Big East tournament will put the Johnnies in.  3-1, and we'll be in prior to the start of the Big East tournament.

Yeah we need 3 more wins total, which I think is what pretty much everyone has been saying. Problem is I do not see us beating Nova or Gtown. So that means we HAVE to beat Xavier which will be a tough game again than take care of business vs Marquette. That would make our 1st BET game a play in. So basically a lot of work to do.

I don't see us beating Villanova, but I do see us winning next Saturday versus G'town.  I have us going 10-8 to finish out the conference season.

IMO, we'll be fine by the time the Big East tournament starts.   ;)

Right about now is when the team should be kicking themselves for DePaul and Creighton games

They'd be just about a tourney lock today with those 2 wins. Man those really do hurt.

I don't regret the Depaul game as we had all our players and just lost a close one to a team having a beyond exceptional day from the line.

It's the home Butler and road Creighton losses that I regret.  There's no way of knowing, but I feel we win these two with Savior playing or playing more than 7 minutes, respectively.

Tha Kid

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2015, 11:16:36 PM »
I think to make the dance (and not be sweating on selection Sunday)we need one of the following :

A. 1 win against Villanova or Georgetown; or

B.  Win against Marquette and win in BE Tourney
"I drink and I know things"

CC

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2015, 11:50:12 PM »
I think to make the dance (and not be sweating on selection Sunday)we need one of the following :

So you think if we beat Gtown and lose our next 2 in conference and lose 1st game in Be tourney we make it? No way

LoganK

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2015, 12:06:13 AM »

Agreed.  Might just be that as long as we beat Marquette we're in, but the extra win would make it much more comfortable.

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2015, 12:06:35 AM »
22 wins any which way and we are in, and in decent shape. 21 just get in 20 and we need major help.

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2015, 01:28:01 AM »

You got it Kid. These two scenarios are our tickets to the dance.

We are so close now I can taste it.

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2015, 02:56:27 AM »

So you think if we beat Gtown and lose our next 2 in conference and lose 1st game in Be tourney we make it? No way

Agreed, need 2 more. Get the Georgetown and Marquette games. I want to relax @ Nova and in the B.E. Tourny. After that beating Nova would be Butter.