Darien Williams could be sleeper of SJU recruiting class

• 4 replies

paultzman

Darien Williams could be sleeper of SJU recruiting class
« on: August 26, 2015, 01:42:01 PM »
Restaurant review to follow. :)

@JonRothstein: Several college coaches believe the gem of St. John's recruiting class is JUCO import Darien Williams. Think Jonathan Holmes. #sjubb

Re: Darien Williams could be sleeper of SJU recruiting class
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 01:43:24 PM »
Restaurant review to follow. :)

@JonRothstein: Several college coaches believe the gem of St. John's recruiting class is JUCO import Darien Williams. Think Jonathan Holmes. #sjubb

John Holmes? Does that mean Durand Johnson is the Ron Jeremy'?

ras

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 05:10:29 PM »
Assuming Yakwe doesn't qualify. I see him as our starting 4 also playing the 3. I think he will play about 35 min a game.We are really gong to need him.

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:01:22 PM »
Assuming Yakwe doesn't qualify. I see him as our starting 4 also playing the 3. I think he will play about 35 min a game.We are really gong to need him.

I don't think anyone will get 35 minutes a game. Maybe Durand, but that's only if you know what could happen, happens.  One thing I would bet the house on though is if Williams is healthy he will be a starter, regardless of who is or isnt eligible for this season.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 01:46:19 AM »

I don't think anyone will get 35 minutes a game. Maybe Durand, but that's only if you know what could happen, happens.  One thing I would bet the house on though is if Williams is healthy he will be a starter, regardless of who is or isnt eligible for this season.

It will be fascinating to see how Mullin takes 10 new players and tries to make a team out of them. If Chris Mullin can get some good fortune on his side, and turn the ruthless and evil NCAA into a St.John's fan again, he could quickly be considered a coaching genius - and then, the flood gates really would open.

Williams is a complete mystery to me. He looks great in his YouTube recruiting video, but so did Malik Stith. There are so many sleepers on this team, it's overwhelming. Every single player is a sleeper. Odds are, it's going to be our turn, eventually. This is as a good chance of winning the lottery as we've had since the 07-08 class.