Samson Usilo - Forward -Nazareth (NY) Brooklyn , NY

• 11 replies
Samson Usilo - Forward -Nazareth (NY) Brooklyn , NY
« on: March 08, 2012, 08:35:19 PM »
Was hoping we will get in the mix for him he is a really good kid great athlete very raw still.
Mike Rice already came to Nazareth to watch him practice. So he is on the Big East radar.
With Nazareth 50/50 on closing this year(even though they had an incredible season :'() , I am hearing Tiny Morton has been lurking around so I guess that will boost up his star ratings if he ends up at Lincoln.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/high-school/tag/_/name/samson-usilo
Sophomore Samson Usilo led the way with 29 points while Shajea Stevenson added 15. Usilo had 14 of his points in the first quarter, which included a pair of 3-point shots and an alley-oop to start the game.
"He's been waiting for this game the last couple of days, the way's he been practicing," Jamison said. "When I see him come in the locker room and I see he's singing some religious hymns, I'm like 'oh boy, these guys are in trouble.'"
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 08:36:24 PM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

LJSA

Re: Samson Usilo - Forward -Nazareth (NY) Brooklyn , NY
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 11:23:23 PM »
If he's raw, he should skip Lincoln and go somewhere where he'll actually receive coaching.

Who knows, he might even meet a coach who will give a crap about him after the season ends.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 10:42:06 AM »
Your talking in a world not controlled by money. I wish kids selected High Schools because of personal & player development just doesn't happen. Tiny normally gets his man I heard he just add someone for the PSAL tournament who transferred in they lost anyway 

Nazareth just won class B in the CHSAA they are headed to federation tournament

Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 06:32:03 AM »
Mike Quick just said he will be the best Player in NY for the rest of his career if Nazareth stays open! I don't know about all of that ? The talent level is down in NYC with the big names preping but we NY still has talent in 13 & 14 however  he does have the upside to be.Needs to have a big year in Spring & summer for his AAU Brooklyn Patriots team to solidify that statement.

pmg911

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 10:42:06 AM »
are you sure he plays for Patriots..?

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 01:53:37 AM »
Well plays for Riverside Rens now. He is going to have a big year saw him practice the other day worked on his jump shot a lot, now needs to get his handle down not great for a wing player. I heard Stanford ,Rutgers & Miami are on him.

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 07:43:57 AM »
Unless Nazareth moved up to top CHSAA league, which I doubt, he is not going to play against good competition this season.

kob24

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 12:49:08 PM »
Tiny can coach

pmg911

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 02:03:09 PM »
Tiny can coach

Respectfully disagree...

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 02:59:36 PM »
Yea I know I was talking to a coach in the CHSAA he said it is very hard to move up in that league so many politics involved when seating at that roundtable

kob24

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 08:25:56 PM »
Lol he can pmg. He isn't bad. He is a jerk but he knows his stuff

pmg911

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 02:43:05 PM »
Lol he can pmg. He isn't bad. He is a jerk but he knows his stuff

Come on KOB, he goes out every year and get 2 -3 kids to transfer to his school...

He as had success but is not a good coach...

and to make it worse, he only cares about Tiny, the kids come after his own interest...   Lincoln has not produced a kid who has made a major impact in Div in a long time...