Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 730 replies

Chilleb

Re: Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY
« Reply #200 on: December 24, 2013, 02:24:30 AM »
a billion. hes lazy point blank period. it would be one thing if he was a hard worker who just needed to be around some professionals to get him to his peak, but thats not the case. hes lazy and everyone in and around his circle knows it. even his coaches are open about it. until that changes the kid you see now is the kid your gonna get

hnk

« Reply #201 on: December 24, 2013, 08:34:28 AM »
When you say "he's from a good program", do you mean CTK or Rens or both?  What is the scuttlebutt on Rens as a program and their relationship w St. John's?   Thanks

« Reply #202 on: December 24, 2013, 08:39:13 AM »
My point Simple he was a power forward and he wasn't 6-9!  I  damn sure wasn't a tad as I was over 40 by the time he finished at SJU,

So was he or was he not a big man? And did he develop? I never saw him play.

Freshman 10.1 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 5th leading scorer, leading rebounder
Sophmore 13.8 ppg,  10.6 rpg, 2nd leading scorer, leading rebounder
Junior 17.4 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 2nd leading scorer, leading rebounder
Senior 19.4 ppg, 12.0 rpg, leading scorer, leading rebounder

Draw your own conclusions.

HE was A Power Forward

Okay, why didn't you answer the question I asked you before; who played center the first three years of his career?  Give me an acceptable answer and I'll buy the PF line.  Merry Christmas.

paultzman

« Reply #203 on: December 24, 2013, 08:49:18 AM »
My point Simple he was a power forward and he wasn't 6-9!  I  damn sure wasn't a tad as I was over 40 by the time he finished at SJU,

HE was A Power Forward

Okay, why didn't you answer the question I asked you before; who played center the first three years of his career?  Give me an acceptable answer and I'll buy the PF line.  Merry Christmas.

Way to ruin a thread guys. Who cares about George Johnson? Can we move on?

« Reply #204 on: December 24, 2013, 10:47:58 AM »
I have never seen him play, KOB, so I operate off of what I've read generally and on this board.  If he is as lazy and unmotivated as Chille says, the staff must think they can light a fire under his a** if they are recruiting him.  I can't see Lavin taking a flier on a guy -- even with some tools -- if they don't think the work ethic and desire will ever be there.

« Reply #205 on: December 24, 2013, 01:30:59 PM »

HE was A Power Forward

Way to ruin a thread guys. Who cares about George Johnson? Can we move on?

Figures a guy named Paultzman would make a comment like that.  Johnson's the all time Johnnie rebound leader and a top ten scorer, I care.

It's not the first time a thread's been hijacked.

Merry Christmas.

Marillac

« Reply #206 on: December 26, 2013, 10:52:10 AM »
I haven't seen him play, but I do have some reservations based on some comments, the tapes, and his weight. That written, not all 13 players on a roster need to be stars, and I love the ability to have tall and wide-bodied player to pull off the bench.  He's also got good hands from what I've seen and some ability to play with his back to the basket. 

« Reply #207 on: December 26, 2013, 04:26:20 PM »
I admit all I've seen of him are some youtube videos of his games, but he looks like way too much of a project. Extremely slow, struggles getting up and down the court. Lack of effort I noticed a few times. Not saying he can't develop, just that I wouldn't be upset if we let him go elsewhere.

MCNPA

« Reply #208 on: December 26, 2013, 11:58:14 PM »
Agree he's a big project.  Then again, Roy Hibbert didn't look much different than Delarosa when he got to Georgetown.  He could barely run the court, looked awkward etc.  Now the guy is a real player in the nba.  I'm guessing the staff sees something that many of us don't.  I can see he has decent hands, but needs plenty of work.  I'm with Moose though, if he's replacing Gift, I'm more than fine with it.  We still need another forward to replace Sanchez though, as I'm not yet sure Jones can do it.  Delarosa would actually be a perfect candidate for redshirting, but I think we will need him depth-wise unless Lavin has some other idea.

I'd love to have a guy with Adonis' size on the roster though, if the staff feels like the kid can be motivated.   Maybe he can turn himself into an actual Adonis.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 12:00:09 AM by MCNPA »

hnk

« Reply #209 on: December 27, 2013, 03:44:06 AM »
JUCO's

hnk

« Reply #210 on: December 27, 2013, 03:44:38 AM »
Transfers

« Reply #211 on: December 27, 2013, 02:57:12 PM »
4 year players that develop

hnk

« Reply #212 on: December 27, 2013, 03:26:09 PM »
In a perfect world....this kid is far from perfect. I'd enjoy watching him get better....I'd hate watching him be lazy....is he even eligible....I don't think so.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:27:39 PM by hnk »

« Reply #213 on: December 27, 2013, 06:31:12 PM »
There just aren't many good available bigs in this years class.

hnk

« Reply #214 on: December 27, 2013, 06:32:11 PM »
agree....juco's   ... transfers......

Moose

« Reply #215 on: December 27, 2013, 07:03:52 PM »
agree....juco's   ... transfers......

Transfers are a big risk.  No ships to offer a big right now.  And then we will have to wait out the NCAA giving a kid an immediate waiver or a 5th year guy which there never are that many of.
Remember who broke the Slice news

hnk

« Reply #216 on: December 27, 2013, 07:16:54 PM »
Agree... but I think Adonis probably would be a bigger risk....is he eligible anyway?

Moose

« Reply #217 on: December 27, 2013, 07:31:01 PM »
Agree... but I think Adonis probably would be a bigger risk....is he eligible anyway?

Eligible might not be the right word.  Nobody is really eligible until they graduate and get on campus.
I think you are referring to a recent article from Zags that he hasn't taken officials because he hadn't taken the SAT yet.

hnk

« Reply #218 on: December 27, 2013, 08:11:28 PM »
why wouldn't u take SAT'ss....you can take them until u qualify.....so w him there is a real risk he won't qualify.....supposedly he is a good student....but

Moose

« Reply #219 on: December 27, 2013, 08:19:47 PM »
why wouldn't u take SAT'ss....you can take them until u qualify.....so w him there is a real risk he won't qualify.....supposedly he is a good student....but

If he is supposedly a good student what makes you say there is a real risk he won't qualify?  I don't know why he hasn't taken them yet but don't they offer them at 1 or 2 times a month or something.  Plenty of time between now and late signing period.  The only issue with no taking the SAT is he can't take official visits.  To worry about qualifying at this stage is premature but thats the life of a SJU fan in recent years.  Sweating about qualifying.