Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 730 replies

paultzman

Re: Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY
« Reply #340 on: March 02, 2014, 05:11:41 PM »
@ctkcoachjarbs: CK 77 - St Rays 53...Travis Atson 19 pts 11 reb, Adonis DeLaRosa 15 pts 12 reb, Andre Walker 14 pts 6 assists advance to final four.

paultzman

« Reply #341 on: March 03, 2014, 09:40:10 PM »
One evaluator's opinion. No need for "alley oop" plays;

@SteveKellerNRR: 2nd Semi saw Christ the King smoke St Raymond's 77-53/6'9 Sr Adonis Delarosa plays below rim but still gets it done/becoming serviceable HM

« Reply #342 on: March 04, 2014, 06:54:57 AM »
Billy Singleton played below the rim very well for us. Dont always need a roster of highlight reel players. A weakside rebound or two next year would be a welcomed addition here.

pmg911

« Reply #343 on: March 04, 2014, 08:41:24 AM »
Billy Singleton played below the rim very well for us. Dont always need a roster of highlight reel players. A weakside rebound or two next year would be a welcomed addition here.

Played great for SJU but still got the worst TECH in the history of the program...

kob24

« Reply #344 on: March 04, 2014, 10:42:09 AM »
billy would have taken Adonis brown paper bag lunch then given him a atomic wedgie followed by stuffing him in a locker.

LJSA

« Reply #345 on: March 04, 2014, 04:31:22 PM »
Maybe we should put SIngleton in a De la Rosa jersey and a full face mask, and claim that he is Adonis with a broken nose.

paultzman

« Reply #346 on: March 05, 2014, 02:04:33 PM »
@ctkcoachjarbs: Adonis Delarosa will make college decision on April 18.

paultzman

« Reply #347 on: March 05, 2014, 05:16:57 PM »
@msg_varsity: #MSGV_Live games airing Thurs: @fciac boys hoops final (Greenwich vs. Central); CHSAA AA intersect. semis (St. Peter's-Loughlin, CK-Hayes)

DelaRosa game streamed at 8

« Reply #348 on: March 06, 2014, 09:10:48 PM »
Joseph Staszewski ‏@CNG_Staszewski 
@StJohnsBBall rolling three coaches deep today at Fordham, including Steve Lavin. #sjubb

« Reply #349 on: March 06, 2014, 09:30:25 PM »
He didn't have an amazing game but he won the game with a three point play with under 20 seconds left. CK will play Loughlin on Sunday for the CHSAA Title.

Tiznow

« Reply #350 on: March 06, 2014, 10:27:20 PM »
Is the champ game at Fordham?

goredmen

« Reply #351 on: March 06, 2014, 10:38:24 PM »

paultzman

« Reply #352 on: March 06, 2014, 10:44:39 PM »
Was at the game. Adonis had some decent post moves, passed well and had nine rebounds. He still has lot of work to do, especially in fitness area. He does not get off the floor at all & that won't work at the next level. Good to see Whitesell, Chiles & Lavin.

Moose

« Reply #353 on: March 06, 2014, 10:47:12 PM »
He had 12 points and either 9 or 10 boards, 1 assist.  He has post moves.  Arguably better than anyone on our team, not sure what that says.  Problems are conditioning is horrible still and he can't jump over a phone book.  Would still serve us a purpose and I stand by that.  Helped them break a press reliable inbounds option.  When he has the ball at the FT line he can shoot the jumper or make a nice cut pass which he did tonight.

I will say what I said after the game @Hall.  I wish we had a former big man to teach Chris and I think Adonis can benefit from some first hand experience as well if he was to come here.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #354 on: March 06, 2014, 10:48:56 PM »
Also needs to be noted.  Lav was in his element.  EVERYONE was coming up to him during the game.  OTOH Pecora was there in his home gym and maybe 2 people came up to him and both times he was on his cell phone.  Hall had Halloway and Antigua there as well.

goredmen

« Reply #355 on: March 06, 2014, 11:22:29 PM »
Also needs to be noted.  Lav was in his element.  EVERYONE was coming up to him during the game.  OTOH Pecora was there in his home gym and maybe 2 people came up to him and both times he was on his cell phone.  Hall had Halloway and Antigua there as well.

Everybody was going up to him because this is the first time CHSAA people have seen him at a game

Moose

« Reply #356 on: March 06, 2014, 11:23:11 PM »

Everybody was going up to him because this is the first time CHSAA people have seen him at a game

Haha well played.

« Reply #357 on: March 06, 2014, 11:45:08 PM »
He had 12 points and either 9 or 10 boards, 1 assist.  He has post moves.  Arguably better than anyone on our team, not sure what that says.  Problems are conditioning is horrible still and he can't jump over a phone book.  Would still serve us a purpose and I stand by that.  Helped them break a press reliable inbounds option.  When he has the ball at the FT line he can shoot the jumper or make a nice cut pass which he did tonight.

I will say what I said after the game @Hall.  I wish we had a former big man to teach Chris and I think Adonis can benefit from some first hand experience as well if he was to come here.
Uh oh, when one of the best things you can say about a player is he is a good inbounds option. How is he at taking the ball from out of bounds and inbounding the ball?  :)  Just kidding and appreciate your scouting reports as well as those of our other fans. I would not mind at all signing this kid but agree it would be nice if his conditioning improves because you need to get off the floor a little bit at our level. Another important aspect of a kid like this is how quick he does things around the basket. One thing I dislike is a slow big who gets his shot stuffed down his throat near the basket.

« Reply #358 on: March 07, 2014, 05:03:07 AM »
Adonis Delarosa will announce his college decision April 18 and has a top five of South Carolina, St. John’s, Fordham, Rutgers and Hofstra, Christ the King coach Joe Arbitello told SNY.tv.

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/delarosa-to-announce-april-18/

derk

« Reply #359 on: March 07, 2014, 09:27:38 AM »

Moose,

Just from seeing him in the Daily News, I like his size. Wouldn't want to see him lose weight, just tighten up and get stronger. What would you say ?