Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 730 replies

Moose

Re: Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY
« Reply #380 on: March 07, 2014, 02:54:04 PM »
The guy who was covering for Zagsblog tweeted and deleted that he talked to Lavin and Lavs said he liked Delarosa because he was "old school".

Good thing that got deleted before anybody from the NCAA violations office saw it

Tough to direct any blame there towards staff there.  Stuff is always said.  Reporter just was careless.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #381 on: March 07, 2014, 03:29:10 PM »
Atson is MAAC player at best. Why all the love for him?  Ask local evaluators like Konchalski & they will tell you Quinnipiac is a good fit.

I've mentioned him once in my life and I asked how tall he was.  I wouldn't call that love. 

Was probably reacting to guys on other site talking him up. Sorry

Marillac

« Reply #382 on: March 07, 2014, 03:38:29 PM »
The guy who was covering for Zagsblog tweeted and deleted that he talked to Lavin and Lavs said he liked Delarosa because he was "old school".

Good thing that got deleted before anybody from the NCAA violations office saw it

Tough to direct any blame there towards staff there.  Stuff is always said.  Reporter just was careless.

Amateur hour.  I'm sure Lavin didn't refer to him specifically either. 

Poison

« Reply #383 on: March 07, 2014, 04:06:04 PM »
Havent seen the kid but with his size and good hands with an ability to score in the post, sign him up.  Lack of hops is not a big deal, jumping overated. (see Jerry Lucas, wayne Embry, Dennis Rodman (rebounded mostly flatfooted). Shaq and, of course, Bird.  Good interior movement and boxing out with a big ass goes a long way.  He will get guys in foul trouble if he boxes out intelligently because they will try to jump over him.  Conditioning is definitely the only issue but I love lower body size.

I agree. Our current roster proves that jumping doesn't mean you can rebound. You can box out like Charles Minlend and Ty Grant, and give us exactly what we need.

hnk

« Reply #384 on: March 07, 2014, 04:09:01 PM »
Does anyone argue that boxing out and jumping a little is better than just boxing out?  I'm all for recruiting him.  And that was before TK.

Moose

« Reply #385 on: March 07, 2014, 05:29:49 PM »
Does anyone argue that boxing out and jumping a little is better than just boxing out?  I'm all for recruiting him.  And that was before TK.

Well the current guys we have think they can out jump everyone and don't know how to box out.
The pickings are 'slim' ironically for 2014 so you take what you can get at this point.  Your client knows that.

« Reply #386 on: March 07, 2014, 05:46:35 PM »
Adonis Delarosa will announce his college decision April 18 and has a top five of South Carolina, St. John’s, Fordham, Rutgers and Hofstra, Christ the King coach Joe Arbitello told SNY.tv.

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/delarosa-to-announce-april-18/

Well, it's realistically a 2 team race with Martin blowing another head gasket and Pecora self destructing.  Rutgers is going to keep losing B1Gtime, so it's down to Hofstra and SJ's.  Who wants to play in a depleted CAA?  lol

PIB

« Reply #387 on: March 07, 2014, 06:31:38 PM »
Here's the reality of the situation. We don't have any "bigs." He is a center, the type of space eater we need down low in the paint. Kids like this will help us establish a half court offense, something we clearly lack.

cjfish

« Reply #388 on: March 07, 2014, 06:32:10 PM »
Another big advantage to minimal jumping, harder to get the ankle sprains and metatarsal hairlines with under a 12 inch vertical.  Boxing out is the key, another example, Bill Bradley, hall of fame and probably could not dunk, but a huge educated ass.  Someone said old school, absolutely.  Look up Jerry Lucas rebound stats

paultzman

« Reply #389 on: March 08, 2014, 08:45:44 AM »
@DelarosaJoey: I'm so proud of my little brother @adelarosa0920 .....chip game on Sunday

paultzman

« Reply #390 on: March 08, 2014, 08:53:42 AM »
JPM 14  blog with comments on DelaRosa improvement. His word and Konchalski's are good enough for me.

newyorkbasketball.blogspot.com/2014/03/r...ls-and-lions-to.html

« Reply #391 on: March 08, 2014, 09:31:32 AM »
Lavin said about a month back that he wanted to add 3 from this class. And now he is close to signing extension. I see 3 from this group of 2014 prospects heading our way this spring. Lavin confident..we will get a few of these guys.

Moose

« Reply #392 on: March 08, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »
Lavin said about a month back that he wanted to add 3 from this class. And now he is close to signing extension. I see 3 from this group of 2014 prospects heading our way this spring. Lavin confident..we will get a few of these guys.

What 3?
I see two legit targets in Delarosa and Henderson.  Lav actually said 3-4 which scares me a bit.

« Reply #393 on: March 08, 2014, 11:54:16 AM »

What 3?
I see two legit targets in Delarosa and Henderson.  Lav actually said 3-4 which scares me a bit.
Maybe he will encourage someone to leave to make room for a dynamite sleeper!   ;) :)

hnk

« Reply #394 on: March 08, 2014, 11:55:54 AM »
That's why it matters who is leaving.

Moose

« Reply #395 on: March 08, 2014, 11:57:35 AM »
That's why it matters who is leaving.

Lets make the 2nd week of the NCAA's then everyone can leave, I wouldn't care.

Moose

MCNPA

« Reply #397 on: March 08, 2014, 01:47:53 PM »
I liked Adonis' skill set and tools from the start.  He just has a long way to go with conditioning.  It's not just that he's overweight.  He's also no strong enough for his size.  He's got a long way to go there, but I'm not worried about that if he's willing to work at it.  Roy Hibbert was similar coming out of hs.  For a guy his size though, Delarosa has good feet and hands and offensive ability.  With development, he can be extremely hard to stop inside and a guy that csnt be moved.  He's also no tweeter height-wise.  He may not be 7ft but needs to be near 6'11 judging from how much  bigger than Sanchez he was standing next to him.

« Reply #398 on: March 08, 2014, 03:32:43 PM »
Marco is a senior too

« Reply #399 on: March 08, 2014, 03:36:26 PM »
Adonis beginning to sound like George Mikan!  :)