Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 730 replies

hnk

Re: Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY
« Reply #500 on: April 04, 2014, 07:24:42 PM »
Adding some real toughness and bulk upfront....could make a huge difference........over time.

ras

« Reply #501 on: April 04, 2014, 07:38:31 PM »
A big that likes to rebound (Thomas) and another that isn't afraid to to take opponents out when they try to dunk on him (Adonis).  Next year will be fun.
I haven't read "next year will  be fun" in quite a while. I don't know if your kidding. But getting the 2 you mentioned would be steps in the right direction.

hnk

« Reply #502 on: April 04, 2014, 07:42:05 PM »
Add Henderson who can supposedly stroke the three......and another player or two (ideally inside) and even foad and fun might have fun

« Reply #503 on: April 04, 2014, 07:51:12 PM »
A big that likes to rebound (Thomas) and another that isn't afraid to to take opponents out when they try to dunk on him (Adonis).  Next year will be fun.
I haven't read "next year will  be fun" in quite a while. I don't know if your kidding. But getting the 2 you mentioned would be steps in the right direction.

I always see the bright side of things.

MCNPA

« Reply #504 on: April 04, 2014, 08:06:47 PM »
I'm not seeing the bright side of anything right now because our talent level has taken a big hit.  I would be happy about Adonis committing though.  I like his potential.  I think with some physical transformation he can be a mismatch inside.   I'd also be happy to have two 7-footers on the team with the Delsrosa brothers.  Don't know what his brother Joey Delsrosa can contribute yet with those numbers of his,  but he has size and these guys will be manning the center spot for us.

« Reply #505 on: April 04, 2014, 08:22:46 PM »
  I expect Adonis to be donning red hat next week at CTK. Joey too.
Maybe he gave Lavin a commit and was prodded into making the announcement sooner to take some of the  heat off...

« Reply #506 on: April 05, 2014, 02:29:23 AM »
  I expect Adonis to be donning red hat next week at CTK. Joey too.
Maybe he gave Lavin a commit and was prodded into making the announcement sooner to take some of the  heat off...
+1

« Reply #507 on: April 05, 2014, 09:05:17 PM »
Done deal !

RedVet

« Reply #508 on: April 05, 2014, 10:08:18 PM »

I always see the bright side of things.

And you've been a St. John's fan for how long?

cjfish

« Reply #509 on: April 05, 2014, 10:12:56 PM »
I'm not seeing the bright side of anything right now because our talent level has taken a big hit.  I would be happy about Adonis committing though.  I like his potential.  I think with some physical transformation he can be a mismatch inside.   I'd also be happy to have two 7-footers on the team with the Delsrosa brothers.  Don't know what his brother Joey Delsrosa can contribute yet with those numbers of his,  but he has size and these guys will be manning the center spot for us.

If Joey D can clog up the middle and rebound a little for 10 minutes  he will be a big help.  As long as he is not stupid offensively he will be fine.  Could not be much worse than Obekpa offensively.

MCNPA

« Reply #510 on: April 06, 2014, 12:05:11 AM »

If Joey D can clog up the middle and rebound a little for 10 minutes  he will be a big help.  As long as he is not stupid offensively he will be fine.  Could not be much worse than Obekpa offensively.

It's not about Obekpa who can be replaced.  It's about Samson and Sanchez, two 6'9" athletic college forwards who can't and haven't been replaced.  Anybody who mentions Christian Jones will be choked out by me...

« Reply #511 on: April 06, 2014, 11:31:36 AM »

It's not about Obekpa who can be replaced.  It's about Samson and Sanchez, two 6'9" athletic college forwards who can't and haven't been replaced.  Anybody who mentions Christian Jones will be choked out by me...

You forgot Christian Jones
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #512 on: April 06, 2014, 12:10:34 PM »

This kid is nowhere near Obepka offensively.

« Reply #513 on: April 06, 2014, 12:27:28 PM »
Chris averaged under 4.0 pts  per game and shot under 40% from the line in two seasons, granted he was coming along somewhat but the production was not worth the headache. I'll take a big body that plays like he cares then a kid who quit on his team last year. So long Chris good luck in 2016 wherever you wind up.

bk8664

« Reply #514 on: April 06, 2014, 12:33:14 PM »

This kid is nowhere near Obepka offensively.

I really, really hope you mean that Joey is better offensively...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 12:33:38 PM by bk8664 »

cjfish

« Reply #515 on: April 06, 2014, 12:33:42 PM »
he may not now be near Obekpa but he can develop.  In 2 years OB only started to look reasonable offensively during the hot streak this year.  Like I said, could not be much worse.

paultzman

« Reply #516 on: April 06, 2014, 12:44:30 PM »
he may not now be near Obekpa but he can develop.  In 2 years OB only started to look reasonable offensively during the hot streak this year.  Like I said, could not be much worse.

Let's take off rose colored glasses please. Obekpa is highly desired by schools like Pitt & Oregon. Joey, from FIU with poor stats (granted briefly) & so so high school career, has had no one else of consequence pursuing him recently. I have seen him play and feel Obekpa has a much higher ceiling. Hopefully Joey can be a functional back up player. Big men do develop late often. If you apply that to Joey, please do so with CO.

« Reply #517 on: April 06, 2014, 01:12:48 PM »
+1 Paultz.

Liking the pickup (which I think most do) is entirely different than being happy about our 4's and 5's all being gone, or thinking that a freshman that is raw (with upside) is going to be an upgrade over one of the best shot blockers in the country.  Obekpa seemed like a pain in the rear, but he was a talented pain in the rear, and indisputably one of the best rim protectors in the country.  Even getting 0 from him offensively most of the time, and even with him not being a good rebounder, he still was a plus for his s defensive presence alone. 

If Lavin had an inkling that Jakar even might go pro (which he surely did), and if CO really was as big of a pain throughout his tenure as people say, he should have been recruiting the front court heavily for 2014.  Because all of this was foreseeable.  THAT is why people are getting all over the staff here.

gman

« Reply #518 on: April 06, 2014, 01:37:11 PM »

Let's take off rose colored glasses please. Obekpa is highly desired by schools like Pitt & Oregon. Joey, from FIU with poor stats (granted briefly) & so so high school career, has had no one else of consequence pursuing him recently. I have seen him play and feel Obekpa has a much higher ceiling. Hopefully Joey can be a functional back up player. Big men do develop late often. If you apply that to Joey, please do so with CO.

I agree some big time programs are probably ingtrigued by his upside, but they probably don't know/willing to ignore all the behind the scenes headaches are hearing about
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 01:38:17 PM by gman »

Marillac

« Reply #519 on: April 06, 2014, 01:51:20 PM »

Sanchez and Sampson can be replaced by two guys that rebound and defend even if they never cross half court to the offensive side.  Those two in the game at the same time was an awful thing to watch.  They both thought they were guards and never defended or boxed out.  They also never screened.  Who cares if the were athletic?