Would you take Obekpa back? Doesn't matter He is Back!

• 110 replies

redslope

Re: Would you take Obekpa back?
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2015, 12:37:05 PM »
CO would love to play for Chris as he would find someone who agrees with him on the "short shorts".  Redmen would be first team to all wear them like Chris in the early 1980's :)

Poison

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2015, 01:05:39 PM »
CO would love to play for Chris as he would find someone who agrees with him on the "short shorts".  Redmen would be first team to all wear them like Chris in the early 1980's :)

Lol

cjfish

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2015, 02:09:13 PM »
pull his scholarship, pay for his cab to JFK

So, if we should deport Chris Obekpa for smoking a j, what should we have done to Father Harrington for stealing money from the University and intentionally sabotaging the basketball program for his own personal gain?

Wasn't he deported to Aruba, at least for a few weeks a year?

If Aruba has a pro team he may make it if he improves his footwork. :)

cjfish

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2015, 02:12:41 PM »
Smoke all the weed you want after the season with my blessing, it is harmless.   

Doesn't it lead to the harder stuff?

I hope you are kidding, that belief is ridiculous and has been for 30 years

TONYD3

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2015, 03:10:43 PM »
The guy is a good player. Good players get extra chances. Simple as that. Hope he takes advantage.

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2015, 03:32:07 PM »

So, if we should deport Chris Obekpa for smoking a j, what should we have done to Father Harrington for stealing money from the University and intentionally sabotaging the basketball program for his own personal gain?

Sorry, cj, I should have been clearer.  I was referring to the post that  Harrington should be deported.  Aruba is/was one of his favorite destinations when his shenannigans were going on at St. John's.  Harrington's footwork was good enough to dodge criminal prosecution.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:33:40 PM by simplyred »

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2015, 03:46:13 PM »

Sorry, cj, I should have been clearer.  I was referring to the post that  Harrington should be deported.  Aruba is/was one of his favorite destinations when his shenannigans were going on at St. John's.  Harrington's footwork was good enough to dodge criminal prosecution.

I have a place in Aruba, can I get deported there too?

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2015, 06:34:51 PM »
Yes. I want to see Obekpa win a nail biter for us  at the foul line.

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2015, 12:05:49 AM »
Smoke all the weed you want after the season with my blessing, it is harmless.   

Doesn't it lead to the harder stuff?

I hope you are kidding, that belief is ridiculous and has been for 30 years

Have you seen the excellent documentary "Reefer Madness"?  It will teach you all you need to know.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:07:06 AM by carmineabbatiello »

paultzman

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2015, 10:51:21 PM »
Hearing he wants to stay.

Obekpa is back!
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2015, 10:52:32 PM »
He just posted on Instagram

Re: Obekpa is back!
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2015, 10:54:47 PM »
Great news!

« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2015, 10:55:32 PM »

« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2015, 10:57:58 PM »
Are you sure?

Wods317

« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2015, 11:03:27 PM »
It would appear so but its April. We will see in a few months.

Gumby

« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2015, 11:09:26 PM »
"Sometimes you have to take the leap of faith first, the trust part comes later. #SJUBB #REBIRTH"

First, what the heck does this mean?
Second, how does one figure this mean he is back?  Did I miss a quote or some other wording?
Third, I thought it was up to Coach Mullin to allow Chris O. back.
Fourth, trust who?  I think Coach Mullin has to trust Chris O.  before any leap of faith.

We need to see something from Coach before we starting jumping up and down that Chris O. is back, or rather has been accepted back.

« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2015, 11:16:49 PM »
Hearing he wants to stay.

Same. I think he will be.

Gumby

« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2015, 11:17:25 PM »
The big issue is Chris O. convincing Coach why he should be re-instated onto the Team. 

« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2015, 11:22:02 PM »
"Sometimes you have to take the leap of faith first, the trust part comes later. #SJUBB #REBIRTH"

Second, how does one figure this mean he is back?  Did I miss a quote or some other wording?
Fourth, trust who?  I think Coach Mullin has to trust Chris O.  before any leap of faith.

We need to see something from Coach before we starting jumping up and down that Chris O. is back, or rather has been accepted back.
I don't think I'm reading into it too much, but Chris O already spoke to Mo. They would have had to agreed on this or he never would have been so presumptuous to assume this - that would be outrageous.

paultzman

« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2015, 11:25:25 PM »

I don't think I'm reading into it too much, but Chris O already spoke to Mo. They would have had to agreed on this or he never would have been so presumptuous to assume this - that would be outrageous.

Exactly