Jordan Brown, PF, Roseville, CA

• 243 replies

Johnny23

Re: Jordan Brown, PF, Roseville, CA
« Reply #200 on: April 06, 2018, 10:08:49 AM »
Too much time wasted by St. Jean...  work on some attainable prospects! Pop that recruiting cherry on a 3-4 Star HS kid that takes off...

So fans want the staff to get better talent but they don't want them wasting time putting in the effort it takes to secure them...

This posts sums up the WORST fan base in college basketball...

I think what many are saying is to target more attainable prospects and don't waste your time on pipe dreams like Jordan Brown. The staff's efforts could be better spent with 3 star kids who can be coached up and develop into nice players over the course of their careers if any actually complete 3 or 4 seasons in Queens.

« Reply #201 on: April 06, 2018, 10:11:13 AM »
Too much time wasted by St. Jean...  work on some attainable prospects! Pop that recruiting cherry on a 3-4 Star HS kid that takes off...

So fans want the staff to get better talent but they don't want them wasting time putting in the effort it takes to secure them...

I think what many are saying is to target more attainable prospects and don't waste your time on pipe dreams like Jordan Brown. The staff's efforts could be better spent with 3 star kids who can be coached up and develop into nice players over the course of their careers if any actually complete 3 or 4 seasons in Queens.

People complain either way. You cant win with this fan base.

Johnny23

« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2018, 10:12:44 AM »

People want the staff to have a direction and a plan. Coming up on season 4, they seem to have neither.

derk

« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2018, 10:15:32 AM »

More to the point is you can't win with this school.. Stop with the fan base. Do you know of any other school, run the way this one is, that has a great fan base ?

« Reply #204 on: April 06, 2018, 10:26:41 AM »
Totally agree with PMG911 analysis of our fan base.

ras

« Reply #205 on: April 06, 2018, 10:38:31 AM »
I like concentrating on the 4 star recruits. We have been concentrating on a lot of 5 stars, whiffing and scrambling. Hard to compete w Duke and Kansas. Much better chance w the 4 stars. And they are more likely not to be 1 and done.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 10:39:56 AM by ras »

« Reply #206 on: April 06, 2018, 12:43:15 PM »

I'm one who'll never complain about us going after elite talent.  If I personally know they are or have wasted time, then I will speak up.  Otherwise, you always go after top-flight talent. 

As, far as the worst fan base in all of college basketball....  Hyperbole.  Go visit several other team sites amongst the top 6 conferences and come back to the forum, and I bet you'd have a different take on our fan base. 

ras

« Reply #207 on: April 06, 2018, 12:58:08 PM »
There is something to be said about a fan base that sticks w it’s team after going 0-11.

« Reply #208 on: April 06, 2018, 01:13:58 PM »
There is something to be said about a fan base that sticks w it’s team after going 0-11.

Or, years of futility.  I've seen fans of other programs, who has been wildly more successful than us, go ballistic at the slightest sign of adversity.

pmg911

« Reply #209 on: April 06, 2018, 01:27:08 PM »

Totally agree but are people posting here really sticking with the program or just complaining about how bad we are...  definitely seems like the latter more often

Everyone certainly has the right to complain but the same thing over and over and over is sickening...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 01:27:42 PM by pmg911 »

« Reply #210 on: April 15, 2018, 09:30:32 AM »
what's the latest here? Any chance in hell he comes?

Poison

« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2018, 10:19:23 AM »
what's the latest here? Any chance in hell he comes?

The staff is really working hard to make this happen. Ok, no they aren’t.

« Reply #212 on: April 15, 2018, 11:53:20 AM »
You are literally the worst fan. There is a huge difference between being a realist and hideous fan. Most of this board is the former after years of letdown. You are the latter. We just get a transfer everyone is excited about and your first post sarcastically states that he asked for his release already. If you hate the staff and program so much just move onto something else. I certainly would if I had that much dislike.

paultzman

« Reply #213 on: April 15, 2018, 12:42:40 PM »
Again, not getting Jordan Brown

« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2018, 08:34:56 AM »
I think we can officially eliminate him now:

https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/status/989705694218784768

Johnny23

« Reply #215 on: April 27, 2018, 07:20:56 PM »
West coast bound all along. At least Chris and co. got a few trips back to the Bay out of it.

« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2018, 08:42:53 PM »
West coast bound all along. At least Chris and co. got a few trips back to the Bay out of it.

Never miss an opportunity.

pmg911

« Reply #217 on: May 02, 2018, 01:04:49 PM »
I wonder what this kid is waiting for..

Does anyone know if he has grade issues..? I am just asking because I don't know anything...

« Reply #218 on: May 10, 2018, 09:30:37 PM »
Jb announcing tomorrow

paultzman

« Reply #219 on: May 11, 2018, 10:04:37 AM »
Chose Nevada