Zach Brown - C - Miami, FL

• 369 replies
Re: Zach Brown - C - Miami, FL - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2016, 08:01:38 PM »
Not trying to rain on the parade, sima will be a good 4 year player. But he is slow. Really slow. Who is he guarding in the NBA?

Really slow for a 6'11 center?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 08:01:54 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2016, 11:33:33 PM »
Not trying to rain on the parade, sima will be a good 4 year player. But he is slow. Really slow. Who is he guarding in the NBA?

Who is he guarding in college? He's uncoordinated. That's the part that everyone keeps leaving out. Hopefully, he works harder than Obekpa did, and he takes the game more seriously than he did.

« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2016, 09:02:53 AM »

Who is he guarding in college? He's uncoordinated. That's the part that everyone keeps leaving out. Hopefully, he works harder than Obekpa did, and he takes the game more seriously than he did.

He is neither slow nor uncoordinated for a young 7 footer.  I think you are describing Curtis Johnson.  Sima's offensive game is raw but, with added strength, he will be a fine defensive Center.

But he's also not a real NBA prospect at this time.

« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2016, 09:53:29 AM »

He is neither slow nor uncoordinated for a young 7 footer.  I think you are describing Curtis Johnson.  Sima's offensive game is raw but, with added strength, he will be a fine defensive Center.

Neither was Mvouika

« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2016, 11:12:36 AM »

Neither was Mvouika

Still isn't. 

« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2016, 12:43:33 PM »

Neither was Mvouika

Still isn't. 

Agreed on that

« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2016, 01:33:47 PM »
Both Sima and KY will play in the league

D-League?

Both have 3 years remaining. If they don't make the league, gotta think it's on the staff

I remember reading a publication that mentioned there was a possibility that Mussini may not come here as NBA teams were giving him a look. So we went 1-17 in league play with 3 NBA players on our roster? Its either on the staff, or just maybe we should curb our enthusiasm. There is potential for Sima and KY no question, but until we actually see it, they are not currently NBA material. It's hard to get there. That doesn't mean they will not be great college players for us or develop into future pro's.

Exactly. Huge potential. But if it's not realized, who is to blame? 4 years to harness that potential

Remember Wayne McKoy?     Huge potential but he never realized all the hype.  Was that Looies fault?

Before my time

Cop out. ;)  The point is you can't put the development  of kids solely on the coaching staff.  BTW, McKoy was the 2nd ranked prospect  coming out of LuHi but he peaked in HS and was schooled by your very own Jeff Ruland who was nowhere near as well regarded coming out of HS.

So you're saying McKoy didn't improve in his time at St John's?

The vast majority of players improve to some degree.  I'm saying Wayne didn't live up to the hype that surrounded him in HS.  His numbers went up after his frosh year and then were consistent for his last three seasons. Actually, I'd be very happy if either KY or YS matched his production which was 14/7.  Again it's really hard to quantify how much a coaching staff can improve a player and how much of it is due to just their game and body maturing.  If KY and YS don't make the league it's not on the staff.

« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2016, 02:10:06 PM »
Anyone have any insight as to whether Zach will sign during the early signing period?

Thanks in advance.

LoganK

« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2016, 02:35:43 PM »
Anyone have any insight as to whether Zach will sign during the early signing period?

Thanks in advance.
I thought I recall reading that he would.  But I'm on a lot of cold medication, so...

paultzman

« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2016, 02:54:21 PM »

Thanks in advance.
Tomorrow

« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2016, 12:52:59 PM »
 Manhattan, NY   

St John's has received the NLI from four-star Miami center Zach Brown, im told #sjubb

Per Zach

« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2016, 01:31:20 PM »
 Manhattan, NY   

St John's has received the NLI from four-star Miami center Zach Brown, im told #sjubb

Per Zach

Good to hear.

Hoping for measurable improvement in 2016 and the NCAAs in 2017!

paultzman

« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2016, 04:42:56 PM »
Zach Brown's attorney: "Legal issues have not yet completely been resolved, but they are heading in a positive direction." #sjubb
Per Zach Brown
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 04:43:24 PM by paultzman »

goredmen

« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2016, 04:48:41 PM »
Is everybody still confident this kid will be eligible when he arrives on campus? Honest question

paultzman

« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2016, 05:06:58 PM »
Staff is confident from what I hear. We'll see. Perhaps we are due to prevail on something of this ilk. :)

goredmen

« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2016, 05:11:21 PM »
Staff is confident from what I hear. We'll see. Perhaps we are due to prevail on something of this ilk. :)

Thanks. Would be nice for this program to catch a break on this stuff every once in a while

« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2016, 07:50:18 PM »
Is he playing hoops for whatever school he is at? 

redslope

« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2016, 08:11:23 PM »
did Zach ever take an official visit--if not maybe Chris can get him up for a w/e with team and a game; would love to see his stature vs Sima and Owens.