I've been blacklisted from Rivals

• 17 replies
I've been blacklisted from Rivals
« on: July 18, 2008, 08:46:20 PM »
So I was surfing on rivals and I rarely check the message board there but I go to see if there is anything new there(really wasn't) and I saw I posted about us having the new Big East Links page so I saw there was a response so I went to go click it and it was deleted. I wanted to go post something new and I've been "blacklisted" from posting.

Was it because I shared the link to that page? I thought anyone in the big east would be appreciative of that link. When you post in Rivals it gives an option to "Share a link" and thats exactly what I did. So I looked at their terms of agreement and it says you can't post links from competing websites so does someone from Rivals think I'm competing with them? I often post links of rivals articles on my website giving them traffic and I'm a subscribing member. What a joke.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
Re: I've been blacklisted from Rivals
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 08:55:00 PM »
Did u try to logout & then log-in again JJ? Because that happened to me once & after i did that it was all good. They're could be some kind of "glitch" in their system. If not that is total BS dude..  ::) ... F 'em!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 09:44:49 PM »
Did u try to logout & then log-in again JJ? Because that happened to me once & after i did that it was all good. They're could be some kind of "glitch" in their system. If not that is total BS dude..  ::) ... F 'em!

I really don't care if I could post or not. I just think its pretty lame and petty. If they were going to do that how about emailing me and warning me or talking to me.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 10:23:40 PM »

I really don't care if I could post or not. I just think its pretty lame and petty. If they were going to do that how about emailing me and warning me or talking to me.

JJ,you shouldnt have posted those naked pics of Old Oriental men

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 09:57:19 AM »
they could be concerned that you're shilling for your site over there.  for them, it's all about business.

i can see where the owners of a site would find objectionable someone advertising a "competing" site on their dime.  do you allow it here?

the bottom line is johnny jungle will survive based on quality content...not on what  rivals, bigeastboards or anyone else is doing.

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 10:51:42 AM »
they could be concerned that you're shilling for your site over there.  for them, it's all about business.

i can see where the owners of a site would find objectionable someone advertising a "competing" site on their dime.  do you allow it here?

the bottom line is johnny jungle will survive based on quality content...not on what  rivals, bigeastboards or anyone else is doing.

When you post there they give you an option to add a link. People post links there all the time and nothing is done. However now I've been singled out. To share a link filled with Big East links which include Rivals sites(I'm helping promoting them). Its bogus and the move to do that was made out of fear.

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 11:01:26 AM »
"Its bogus and the move to do that was made out of fear."

probably out of fear.  your site is growing quickly...and you're providing content for free that people have to pay for on rivals.

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 11:27:12 AM »
This is the only Board with any life anyway.

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 11:32:45 AM »
"Its bogus and the move to do that was made out of fear."

probably out of fear.  your site is growing quickly...and you're providing content for free that people have to pay for on rivals.

9. No posting of commercial offers, competing websites or spamming of the board will be permitted.

I posted a link that features about 10+ links to the rivals website.

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 12:02:18 PM »
you post this "competing" website when you put an article on big east boards.  what's the difference?

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 03:12:23 PM »
you post this "competing" website when you put an article on big east boards.  what's the difference?

He didnt pay. Rivals is real touchy. BEB should be the same.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 09:50:26 AM »
FYI - One of the moderators on the SJU rival site(SJU1999) is also the lead Norm-basher(take a wild guess) from that "other" board. He banned me as well a year or so ago & pm'd me braggin' about it... ::) .. I in turn  phoned rivals & my account was re-instated by an adminstrator. U might want to look into that JJ. Because from what u have said there doesn't appear to be any justifiable reason for u being "blacklisted".... peace!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 10:26:55 AM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 02:16:16 PM »
FYI - One of the moderators on the SJU rival site(SJU1999) is also the lead Norm-basher(take a wild guess) from that "other" board. He banned me as well a year or so ago & pm'd me braggin' about it... ::) .. I in turn  phoned rivals & my account was re-instated by an adminstrator. U might want to look into that JJ. Because from what u have said there doesn't appear to be any justifiable reason for u being "blacklisted".... peace!

didnt you basically do the same thing on the scout.com boards whenever someone posted something anti-Norm or against your own agenda? talk about hypocritical....
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 03:22:12 PM »

didnt you basically do the same thing on the scout.com boards whenever someone posted something anti-Norm or against your own agenda? talk about hypocritical....

Why don't you keep ur nose out of this discussion scarletknightsfan1127.. ;D ... and yes i did. But it was only in RESPONSE to all the NONSENSE/GARBAGE posted by the "dynamic duo" on every other SJU board on the net. Plus, it was fun watching these "super-fans"(lol) blow a gasket everytime i removed one of their tired old posts that trashed norm, looie, our players & the school for the thousandth time..  ::) .. peace!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 03:33:10 PM by oldred10 »

pmg911

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 09:09:10 AM »
How come there is one partucular poster on this site constantly on one side of an arguement...

I certainly can't be the only poster who has noticed this...

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 10:28:40 AM »
WE CAN DEFINITELY MAKE SOME NOISE!!! :)

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 03:26:23 PM »

p.s. - some of u guys take this stuff way too seriously.. ;D .. at least "buckeye" seems to have a sense of humor about all of this..  :D .. yawn.

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 03:39:51 PM »

p.s. - some of u guys take this stuff way too seriously.. ;D .. at least "buckeye" seems to have a sense of humor about all of this..  :D .. yawn.

I agree Oldred, some just need to relax a bit.