Greg Williams-6'3" G Lafayette, LA - ST. JOHN’S

• 214 replies

Marillac

Re: Greg Williams-6'3" G Lafayette, LA - ST. JOHN’S
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2017, 12:28:33 AM »
Welcome Greg. Let's keep collecting 4-stars and quality transfers.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 12:41:00 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2017, 07:56:00 AM »
Let me get this right. We are worried about Ponds leaving this year and you have a guy like Marcus Foster of creighton who is playing his 4/5 year of college ball that is way more  pro ready right now especially from physical standpoint than Shamorie. Seems like many are jumping the gun here.

Ponds should listen to Mullin/Richmond. No two will know better than those two if he is ready to go. And if they feel this May is the time we should thank Ponds for hopefully 2 great years. However watching NBA these days one can see how hard the rapid influx of great players from Europe is making it for college kids not ready yet. The get chewed up and spit out. As much  as I love Ponds., he would have a nightmare of a time with The neophyte on the Knicks

All in all Can we enjoy Williams addition for one day before complaining about something else.

Poison

« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2017, 09:31:11 AM »
Let me get this right. We are worried about Ponds leaving this year and you have a guy like Marcus Foster of creighton who is playing his 4/5 year of college ball that is way more  pro ready right now especially from physical standpoint than Shamorie. Seems like many are jumping the gun here.

Ponds should listen to Mullin/Richmond. No two will know better than those two if he is ready to go. And if they feel this May is the time we should thank Ponds for hopefully 2 great years. However watching NBA these days one can see how hard the rapid influx of great players from Europe is making it for college kids not ready yet. The get chewed up and spit out. As much  as I love Ponds., he would have a nightmare of a time with The neophyte on the Knicks

All in all Can we enjoy Williams addition for one day before complaining about something else.

When has a St.John’s player ever gone pro too soon?

« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2017, 09:47:00 AM »
Omar Cook

« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2017, 10:12:47 AM »
Really liking the roster for next year. If ponds and/or Lovett stay(s) we are a very good team.

Still need a true 5 that can play with his back to the basket, but a nice foundation in place otherwise

In 2018 we ll have the balance we havent had in 8+ years. 5-6 solid guards and 5+ bigs not named Alibegovich.

Foad

« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2017, 10:43:40 AM »

« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2017, 01:07:18 PM »
Welcome aboard Greg!!!!

« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2017, 01:52:27 PM »
Not to take anything away from them as I like both and enjoy watching them as much as any backcourt since Barkley and Bootsy but neither one them is going to be drafted. I think greater fear is of Lovett leaving to go make some $ somewhere next year as he is a relatively older Soph. Maybe Ponds does too, who knows. But honestly since neither guy is not going to make big money in the NBA why is it a bad decision for THEM to leave early and make some $ playing basketball? The longer they are here the the longer they have to wait to get paid. It would clearly be a bad decision for us fans, but I don't think that should or would factor into their decisions.

« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2017, 02:21:55 PM »
Why so certain that Ponds will never play in the NBA? A few games into his sophomore year, would you have projected Steph Curry to be what he's become?  Ponds is young and very talented, he's noticeably stronger than last year and will continue to develop--and he is already a very good college player. He will only get better from here.

« Reply #132 on: November 16, 2017, 02:25:48 PM »
Why so certain that Ponds will never play in the NBA? A few games into his sophomore year, would you have projected Steph Curry to be what he's become?  Ponds is young and very talented, he's noticeably stronger than last year and will continue to develop--and he is already a very good college player. He will only get better from here.

I said he would not be a high draft pick and make big money right away in the NBA. I am not going to list the reasons why a college player I like will not become a high draft pick. Enjoy him while he is here.

« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2017, 02:41:59 PM »
Ponds will explore the draft, but he won't get drafted. Still a year away. If Lovett leaves it will only help Ponds become the primary ballhandler. 

Greg Williams is going to have a strong year and summer.  Really good get for the squad.

« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2017, 02:52:17 PM »

I said he would not be a high draft pick and make big money right away in the NBA. I am not going to list the reasons why a college player I like will not become a high draft pick. Enjoy him while he is here.

"but neither one them is going to be drafted" ;)
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

cjfish

« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2017, 02:58:58 PM »
Ponds is a more athletic and talented version of Sherman Douglas.  If he plays some D he will be drafted low first or second round but he will have to play 4 years.  Leaving early would be disasterous

« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2017, 03:43:31 PM »
Ponds is a more athletic and talented version of Sherman Douglas.  If he plays some D he will be drafted low first or second round but he will have to play 4 years.  Leaving early would be disasterous

I'm not gonna say, he'll have to play four years if he does the thing you said he has to do.  I'd love for him to be a four year player, but he could conceivably leave after next year, if someone tells him he's a late-first rounder (which, I think he could be in another season).

« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2017, 03:49:26 PM »

"but neither one them is going to be drafted" ;)

Neither would get drafted in 2018, yes.

TONYD3

« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2017, 03:57:52 PM »
Ponds 6’2 tops, don’t think he is that tall. 175 pounds. Isn’t a great defender. Not a true PG. Love him at St. John’s , but that guy isn’t playing in the NBA

« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2017, 04:09:01 PM »
Ponds 6’2 tops, don’t think he is that tall. 175 pounds. Isn’t a great defender. Not a true PG. Love him at St. John’s , but that guy isn’t playing in the NBA

Robert Werdann was a disappointment at ST John's and played a few years in the league. Meanwhile Hatten, Hardy, Bootsy, Harvey never made it. People for some reason can't separate the two. Enjoy them while they are here.