Game 7: UCF

• 274 replies
Re: Game 7: UCF
« Reply #200 on: November 27, 2017, 09:13:58 AM »
We are 6-1. Not because we are good or played well. We just played worse teams then us. Their crap level of play will not continue to produce wins. Nebraska, Oregon State, and this awful depleted central Florida team wouldn’t win a game in the big east. Enjoy being 6-1.
From memory, I remember norm Roberts going undefeated before conference started one year. That team sucked . It didn’t last!

You could say that about most teams at this point in the year.  Not sure what your point is?

Bingo!

TONYD3

« Reply #201 on: November 27, 2017, 09:37:17 AM »
We are 6-1. Not because we are good or played well. We just played worse teams then us. Their crap level of play will not continue to produce wins. Nebraska, Oregon State, and this awful depleted central Florida team wouldn’t win a game in the big east. Enjoy being 6-1.
From memory, I remember norm Roberts going undefeated before conference started one year. That team sucked . It didn’t last!

You could say that about most teams at this point in the year.  Not sure what your point is?

Bingo!
This is not 7 games . Their is a pattern of almost 70 games where  we suck. Yes we are improved . But we still suck.

Foad

« Reply #202 on: November 27, 2017, 09:45:40 AM »
Mizzou has five freshmen, two sophomores, and it's starting backcourt is comprised of first year transfers (Juco and grad). Their lone senior is a transfer who is playing his second season. And they have a new coach and staff to boot.

Wut? MU has three seniors and six juniors. Of their first six players in minutes played four are upper classmen averaging 107 minutes between them and the other two are freshmen, one of those 6'10 and one 6'11", averaging 38 minutes. St John's first five includes three second year players and two first year players who account for 150 minutes per game.  Talk about choosing your own facts, good grief.

Foad

« Reply #203 on: November 27, 2017, 09:49:54 AM »

Bingo!
This is not 7 games . Their is a pattern of almost 70 games where  we suck. Yes we are improved . But we still suck.

You have a pattern of 3500 posts where you're an imbecile, that doesn't mean the next one's going to be dumb as well. But then I'm an optimist.

« Reply #204 on: November 27, 2017, 09:59:37 AM »
Mizzou has five freshmen, two sophomores, and it's starting backcourt is comprised of first year transfers (Juco and grad). Their lone senior is a transfer who is playing his second season. And they have a new coach and staff to boot.

Wut? MU has three seniors and six juniors. Of their first six players in minutes played four are upper classmen averaging 107 minutes between them and the other two are freshmen, one of those 6'10 and one 6'11", averaging 38 minutes. St John's first five includes three second year players and two first year players who account for 150 minutes per game.  Talk about choosing your own facts, good grief.

Not to mention their top 3 scorers are all upper classmen. I'm not saying we shouldn't be disappointed in losing to Mizzou, especially since we battled back and took the lead. But it's not a game worth having a melt down about and still complaining about four days later. 

Poison

« Reply #205 on: November 27, 2017, 10:02:14 AM »
I remember Malik Sealy’s senior year we lost at Miami. It was awful. I don’t believe either team reached 50 points. That one stung because Miami was brand new and they had no business taking out our seniors.

Point is, it was nothing more than a really, really off day.

TONYD3

« Reply #206 on: November 27, 2017, 10:04:15 AM »
I remember Malik Sealy’s senior year we lost at Miami. It was awful. I don’t believe either team reached 50 points. That one stung because Miami was brand new and they had no business taking out our seniors.

I don’t want to miss it. When will the day we play well?

« Reply #207 on: November 27, 2017, 10:09:29 AM »

Bingo!
U my friend are an absolute nice person..... go root for ‘nova u whiney bitch.

« Reply #208 on: November 27, 2017, 10:09:56 AM »

You watch the Nebraska game bro?

« Reply #209 on: November 27, 2017, 10:14:29 AM »

Bingo!

You have a pattern of 3500 posts where you're an imbecile, that doesn't mean the next one's going to be dumb as well. But then I'm an optimist.
Excellent retort..LOL... This bozo is a nova fan in a jack ass’ clothing.

Marillac

« Reply #210 on: November 27, 2017, 10:52:15 AM »

Mizzou has two seniors on scholarship and both are transfers. They have ten players who have averaged 10.3 mpg or more and have played all seven games:

Kassius Robertson - first year with Mizzou; grad transfer from the MAAC
Kevin Puryear - junior
Jordan Barnett - senior transfer playing in his second year with Mizzou
Jontay Porter - true freshman who turned 18 last week and re-classified from 2019 class
Jeremiah Tilmon - true freshman
Jordan Geist - first year with Mizzou; JUCO transfer
Cullen Vanleer - junior
Terrence Philllips - junior
Blake Harris - true freshman
Reed Nikko - sophomore

Ahmed - Senior
Alibegovic - Senior
Owens - Fourth year junior
Clark - Fourth year junior
Yakwe - Junior
Lovett- Third year soph
Simon - Third year soph
Ponds - True soph
Trimble - True freshman

I don't see how we are considered young every year and how that's a valid excuse compared to a team like Mizzou who is clearly overcoming more adjustments with a brand new staff, six new players, and their best player (a freshman) ruled out for the season the day before the tournament. Next year we will likely be younger when we replace Ahmed, Alibegovic, and Lovett with at least three freshmen and two redshirt sophs. 

« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:54:45 AM by Marillac »

« Reply #211 on: November 27, 2017, 01:04:35 PM »

Never because WE aren't doing anything, certainly you're not...

« Reply #212 on: November 27, 2017, 01:14:30 PM »

Mizzou has two seniors on scholarship and both are transfers. They have ten players who have averaged 10.3 mpg or more and have played all seven games:

Kevin Puryear - junior
Jontay Porter - true freshman who turned 18 last week and re-classified from 2019 class
Cullen Vanleer - junior
Reed Nikko - sophomore

Ahmed - Senior
Alibegovic - Senior
Yakwe - Junior
Lovett- Third year soph
Simon - Third year soph
Ponds - True soph
Trimble - True freshman

I don't see how we are considered young every year and how that's a valid excuse compared to a team like Mizzou who is clearly overcoming more adjustments with a brand new staff, six new players, and their best player (a freshman) ruled out for the season the day before the tournament. Next year we will likely be younger when we replace Ahmed, Alibegovic, and Lovett with at least three freshmen and two redshirt sophs.

U need to get a life u nova loving pos..... if U don’t think this isn’t the best team we’ve had in 10 years u r a complete $%^in nice person.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 01:16:51 PM by Mullin77 »

« Reply #213 on: November 27, 2017, 01:17:12 PM »
That was an all time ugly game. We won and we can move on and never speak of it again.

Outside of a couple games I think we have done a good job with my biggest worry of getting killed on the boards. I think Marvin Clark will certainly pick it up and other than the depth problem that we can't do anything about, I feel good about this team. I am not worried about the zone. Ponds has bot really shot a good % all year and that will get better and Lovett and Clark have nice strokes.

Other than depth i think the one issue that will hurt us is we don't really have someone that can get us an easy basket. I think we can play better and we are right where we should be. Would have def signed up for 6-1 at this point.

Marillac

« Reply #214 on: November 27, 2017, 01:21:28 PM »

Kevin Puryear - junior
Cullen Vanleer - junior
Reed Nikko - sophomore

Ahmed - Senior
Alibegovic - Senior
Yakwe - Junior
Lovett- Third year soph
Simon - Third year soph
Ponds - True soph
Trimble - True freshman

U need to get a life u nova loving pos..... if U don’t think this isn’t the best team we’ve had in 10 years u r a complete $%^in nice person.

I hate Nova and the 2011 team was clearly better.
You're off to a great start as a member here. Classy fella.

Foad

« Reply #215 on: November 27, 2017, 01:30:36 PM »

Kevin Puryear - junior
Cullen Vanleer - junior
Reed Nikko - sophomore

Ahmed - Senior
Alibegovic - Senior
Yakwe - Junior
Lovett- Third year soph
Simon - Third year soph
Ponds - True soph
Trimble - True freshman

In the first place, no

In the second, why do you carefully parse Missouri's players to demonstrate their alleged youth and inexperience - "senior transfer playing in his second year with Mizzou", " true freshman who turned 18 last week and re-classified from 2019 class" - and about SJU players you say "Clark and Owens are in their fourth years in college" and "Lovett and Simon are in their third years", whereas Clark and Simon have played a combined 10 games for SJU and Owens and Lovett have played a year. You're cherry picking facts and skewing the analysis.

Cuonzo Martic's been coaching for 10 years, no doubt he's a better coach than Mullin. I wouldn't argue with that. That SJU isn't a young team - meaning that first team has played together for a month - I don't see how that's arguable.

« Reply #216 on: November 27, 2017, 01:32:05 PM »
We are 6-1...We all should be happy with the start of the season.....should be 8-1 going into Arizona State and a 10-2 or 11-1 record before big east play is not out of the picture.....yes we have not played the best teams but still 3 top 100 wins and we are doing this without our offense producing what it did last year is a great sign. The team also seems to enjoy playing with each other and they have not quit. Last year we lose Oregon State and UCF games.

Lets all take a step back and before we jump off a cliff realize this is exactly what we wanted 7 games into the year.

Poison

« Reply #217 on: November 27, 2017, 01:34:29 PM »

Every player is entitled to an off game. Ponds was really off for the first 35 minutes. It happens. If he has a typical game, we win by 20+.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #218 on: November 27, 2017, 01:59:03 PM »
We're 6-1.

Have beaten 3 top 100 teams, according to the Kenpom rankings, and have really only played a true complete game once.

We won against a team ranked above us in BPI yesterday (albeit ugly and they were missing a key player) with our best player scoring his first FG of the game with 5 minutes left in the second half.

We're ranked first in the BE in almost every defensive category.

I don't get all the complaining. We're obviously not winning a national championship this year (or anytime in the near future), but this is a fun and competitive team that should contend for an NCAA berth once they put it all together. We're going to look good winning some games, and terrible losing others, but enjoy it, and stop with the complaints.

QuanMan

« Reply #219 on: November 27, 2017, 02:08:24 PM »
We're 6-1.

Have beaten 3 top 100 teams, according to the Kenpom rankings, and have really only played a true complete game once.

We won against a team ranked above us in BPI yesterday (albeit ugly and they were missing a key player) with our best player scoring his first FG of the game with 5 minutes left in the second half.

We're ranked first in the BE in almost every defensive category.

I don't get all the complaining. We're obviously not winning a national championship this year (or anytime in the near future), but this is a fun and competitive team that should contend for an NCAA berth once they put it all together. We're going to look good winning some games, and terrible losing others, but enjoy it, and stop with the complaints.

+1

To add to this, we're 6-1 despite Shamorie shooting 20% from 3 and 37% from the field. He's averaging 6/16 shooting (42/111) over 6 games combined with terrible shot selection. Imagine the pop that we'll get when he rounds back into his freshman shooting form and becomes more disciplined.
Section 3
Section 116