Game 7: UCF

• 274 replies
Re: Game 7: UCF
« Reply #240 on: November 27, 2017, 04:47:34 PM »
(5) I'm not exactly sure why you want to argue this. It's one thing to excuse losing when you have six new freshmen and a new JUCO transfer like we had in the 2011 class. It's another to make that excuse when more than half your roster is composed of upperclassmen and you have one one frshman that plays slot minutes.

In the first place, we're not losing, so I'm not making excuses. To the contrary we're 6-1, and you're explaining why we should be winning better, or more or something, I'm not even sure. In the second place this is in fact a young team, I don't care how you parse Missouri's roster: the two best players are five games into their sophomore years, Justin Simon and Marvin Clark are first year players who've played 10 games between them in two years. Ahmed is a senior in name only. There's all of two players who have been in the program for more than two years and one of them is Alibewithz and he stinks and the other one's been playing basketball for five years. Have a sandwich for god sake, you're hallucinating.

You jumped in on the side of that lunatic (my best guess is he's the medium t-shirt kid) 

I'm confident in saying it's not him (he's on here, though).  I believe it's "Old Red" from the Big East Board days.

No way

Too many similarities.

Marillac

« Reply #241 on: November 27, 2017, 04:50:20 PM »
(5) I'm not exactly sure why you want to argue this. It's one thing to excuse losing when you have six new freshmen and a new JUCO transfer like we had in the 2011 class. It's another to make that excuse when more than half your roster is composed of upperclassmen and you have one one frshman that plays slot minutes.

In the first place, we're not losing, so I'm not making excuses. To the contrary we're 6-1, and you're explaining why we should be winning better, or more or something, I'm not even sure. In the second place this is in fact a young team, I don't care how you parse Missouri's roster: the two best players are five games into their sophomore years, Justin Simon and Marvin Clark are first year players who've played 10 games between them in two years. Ahmed is a senior in name only. There's all of two players who have been in the program for more than two years and one of them is Alibewithz and he stinks and the other one's been playing basketball for five years. Have a sandwich for god sake, you're hallucinating.

You jumped in on the side of that lunatic (my best guess is he's the medium t-shirt kid) who used us being young as an excuse for our poor play. We are about as old as we'll ever be and about as old as you'd ever want a properly balanced team to be. We already seen what losing nine seniors does to a program.

We may not be losing, but we played poorly against bad teams. UCF was without its starting backcourt and one of those kids is 1st all-conference and the best player they've had in a decade. They missed wide open shot after wide open shot. Other than UCF, the defense was actually pretty good and that is a good sign.

I'm more upset with what this showing means for the rest of the year. Three neutral  wins with WV being one in Orlando and we were an NCAA team. That's likely gone now unless they can knockoff ASU or Duke. That's how razor thin the margin of error is this year with 8-10 wins in conference play almost a lock.

I don't see how one November win plus or minus makes the difference between the NCAA and NIT and anyway this is a bubble team if all goes well and an NIT team otherwise. Nine or ten wins going into the BE is a best case scenario, especially considering that last year this time they were 2-5 with losses to Old Dominion and Delaware State. The fact is that they're a big man short of respectable and a good big man short of being ranked. The point being that they're short. On the bright side they're fun to watch and they'll be competitive in most games most of the year. Considering where they were two years ago the NIT is a step forward. I'm not dancing around the house, but I'm not hiding on the couch either. I'm cautiously pessimistic.

Normally I'd agree with the November games not being do or die, but this year we look like an NIT team that has a chance to get on the bubble by taking a game or two we shouldn't. It's hard to imagine finishing too far from 9-9 in conference in either direction. So that's 9 plus, let's say wins over Sacred Heart, Grand Canyon, Iona, and St. Joe's. That's still only 19 wins and the Molloy win won't be counted by the committee...so 18 with 13 losses. It's not a pretty picture.

« Reply #242 on: November 27, 2017, 04:58:18 PM »

You jumped in on the side of that lunatic (my best guess is he's the medium t-shirt kid) 

I'm confident in saying it's not him (he's on here, though).  I believe it's "Old Red" from the Big East Board days.

No way

Too many similarities.

Realfan maybe.
Old Red was legit Cray Cray. Not sure could hide it.
Besides I think he would be more likely to defend Mullin. He defended Norm.

« Reply #243 on: November 27, 2017, 05:00:49 PM »
Realfan maybe.

It's certainly not real fan, either.  I'm pretty good with this stuff.

« Reply #244 on: November 27, 2017, 08:04:11 PM »
18-21 wins. Other than last game we have been fun to watch.
If you want to get on coaching staff for the horrible lack of depth up front, have at it but I just do not understand the sky is falling posts????
Agreed... but I understand them. Because they are coming from the closet pukon/nova fans crawling like maggots on this board.

U would have to be a complete nice person not to see the potential of this team.

To be fair to all the "nice persons" out there are you talking about potential for this year or for the years going forward??

« Reply #245 on: November 27, 2017, 08:07:14 PM »
18-21 wins. Other than last game we have been fun to watch.
If you want to get on coaching staff for the horrible lack of depth up front, have at it but I just do not understand the sky is falling posts????
Agreed... but I understand them. Because they are coming from the closet pukon/nova fans crawling like maggots on this board.

U would have to be a complete nice person not to see the potential of this team.

To be fair to all the "nice persons" out there are you talking about potential for this year or for the years going forward??
To be fair if u can’t see the potential on this team u are  obviously not SJU fans u babbling pricks.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 08:16:04 PM by Mullin77 »

« Reply #246 on: November 27, 2017, 08:09:46 PM »
That was an all time ugly game. We won and we can move on and never speak of it again.

Outside of a couple games I think we have done a good job with my biggest worry of getting killed on the boards. I think Marvin Clark will certainly pick it up and other than the depth problem that we can't do anything about, I feel good about this team. I am not worried about the zone. Ponds has bot really shot a good % all year and that will get better and Lovett and Clark have nice strokes.

Other than depth i think the one issue that will hurt us is we don't really have someone that can get us an easy basket. I think we can play better and we are right where we should be. Would have def signed up for 6-1 at this point.
Spot on

« Reply #247 on: November 27, 2017, 08:13:54 PM »

You jumped in on the side of that lunatic (my best guess is he's the medium t-shirt kid) who used us being young as an excuse for our poor play. We are about as old as we'll ever be and about as old as you'd ever want a properly balanced team to be. We already seen what losing nine seniors does to a program.

We may not be losing, but we played poorly against bad teams. UCF was without its starting backcourt and one of those kids is 1st all-conference and the best player they've had in a decade. They missed wide open shot after wide open shot. Other than UCF, the defense was actually pretty good and that is a good sign.

I'm more upset with what this showing means for the rest of the year. Three neutral  wins with WV being one in Orlando and we were an NCAA team. That's likely gone now unless they can knockoff ASU or Duke. That's how razor thin the margin of error is this year with 8-10 wins in conference play almost a lock.

I don't see how one November win plus or minus makes the difference between the NCAA and NIT and anyway this is a bubble team if all goes well and an NIT team otherwise. Nine or ten wins going into the BE is a best case scenario, especially considering that last year this time they were 2-5 with losses to Old Dominion and Delaware State. The fact is that they're a big man short of respectable and a good big man short of being ranked. The point being that they're short. On the bright side they're fun to watch and they'll be competitive in most games most of the year. Considering where they were two years ago the NIT is a step forward. I'm not dancing around the house, but I'm not hiding on the couch either. I'm cautiously pessimistic.

Normally I'd agree with the November games not being do or die, but this year we look like an NIT team that has a chance to get on the bubble by taking a game or two we shouldn't. It's hard to imagine finishing too far from 9-9 in conference in either direction. So that's 9 plus, let's say wins over Sacred Heart, Grand Canyon, Iona, and St. Joe's. That's still only 19 wins and the Molloy win won't be counted by the committee...so 18 with 13 losses. It's not a pretty picture.
Are U really this delusional nova/pukon lover.... take it to the bank. This team wins 11 games minimum in the Big East....., and please try to keep the posts down to Five lines. There is only so much bullshit I can take in one long winded post.

« Reply #248 on: November 27, 2017, 10:12:15 PM »

Dude. It's November.
No use paying attention to this bozo....,he gets his jollies writing dumb shit lookng for a reaction.... probably a sad lonely pukon fan who have just about fallin off the basketball map..lol

Pete88

« Reply #249 on: November 27, 2017, 11:48:57 PM »

No way

Too many similarities.

LOL ... Has to be Scotch

« Reply #250 on: November 27, 2017, 11:57:44 PM »

Dude. It's November.
No use paying attention to this bozo....,he gets his jollies writing dumb shit lookng for a reaction.... probably a sad lonely pukon fan who have just about fallin off the basketball map..lol

Normally I like it when someone agrees with me...why do I feel like I need a shower?

« Reply #251 on: November 28, 2017, 10:53:50 AM »

No way

Too many similarities.

LOL ... Has to be Scotch

I’m more of a Heineken & shot of tequila kind of guy.

But to each his own.(lol)

Go Redmen!!

Marillac

« Reply #252 on: November 28, 2017, 11:19:53 AM »

Dude. It's November.

Normally I like it when someone agrees with me...why do I feel like I need a shower?

Hahahaha

derk

« Reply #253 on: November 28, 2017, 11:27:25 AM »

No way

Too many similarities.

Realfan maybe.

You're both right - oldfan

Marillac

« Reply #254 on: November 28, 2017, 01:49:28 PM »

No way

Too many similarities.

Realfan maybe.

You're both right - oldfan

Whoever he is, he doesn't look to hit singles. He's swinging for the fences right from the start.

SJUFAN

« Reply #255 on: November 28, 2017, 02:41:17 PM »

Dude. It's November.

Hysterical

TONYD3

« Reply #256 on: November 28, 2017, 02:44:21 PM »
Wow. That guy is out of his mind! Makes foady seem sane!

Foad

« Reply #257 on: November 28, 2017, 04:50:26 PM »

And makes you seem smart!

TONYD3

« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2017, 05:54:07 PM »

And makes you seem smart!
Yesterday I was having a few beers with my friends from work. We were talking sports. St. John’s came up when they caught me looking at the site. They knew I was a big fan, but they were kind of shocked to know I spent so much time on Johnny jungle . They thoughts that was funny .
We discussed Chris Mullin and the current situation with team. I gave my feelings. I also told them that most fans are very loyal to Mullin and showed them where foady called me a name for saying something bad about our coach. They thought that was hysterical.
So I explained the foad to them. 60 year old loser who spends everyday in a basement calling people names on the internet. When I explained that his handle means -fxck off and die and decorates his profile with Charles manson pictures . They were snorting beer they were laughing so hard. What a bad ass!
Foady- I told them how cool you are also. Changing lavin’s Wikipedia page and all. They may be rube’s but they think you are great!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 05:55:36 PM by TONYD3 »

cjfish

« Reply #259 on: November 28, 2017, 08:15:32 PM »
A unique a rear of a donkey who would be a fun acquaintance.  Love the reviews.