DePaul predictions

• 156 replies
Re: DePaul predictions
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2018, 09:07:08 PM »
Trust the process
That may have been a misprint. Think it is trust the princess.

« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2018, 09:37:42 PM »
Greg Joyce‏
Verified account

@GJoyce9
Follow
Follow @GJoyce9

More
Marvin Clark II: "We let them take it from us. It starts with our demeanor. They came in here and out-rebounded us, punked us." Said he's calling a team meeting tomorrow. #sjubb

Chris Mullin said he was going to see the docs after the game to find out more about Marcus LoVett. #sjubb

Hilarious that Marvin is calling for a team meeting. For what? Talk about their feelings.? Get your lazy ass on the baseline and run til you puke. Then after you're finished crying, stick your arse into someone and figure out how to box some stiff out

desco80

« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2018, 09:58:09 PM »
Assuming Lovett leaves, and the other 6 return

Ponds, Simon, Owens, Clark, Trimble, Yakwe

Bad part is well have with 6 new guys with talent but will have to all gel together on court (realize 3 of them are practice only already)

Keita, Dixon, Diakite, Brooks, Williams, Roberts

Now, assuming 1-2 other unknown departures, makes the gelling even harder.

Is this overrated as an issue or legit concern?

Where is Lovett going off a season in which he's barely played?   No decent euro league is offering a contract to him at this point.   So I would imagine he'll return.    Whether that was his plan originally or not.   

« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2018, 10:10:58 PM »
Lithuania ---- and sneaker contract with Big Baller of course...

:2funny:

goredmen

« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2018, 10:14:49 PM »
Assuming Lovett leaves, and the other 6 return

Ponds, Simon, Owens, Clark, Trimble, Yakwe

Bad part is well have with 6 new guys with talent but will have to all gel together on court (realize 3 of them are practice only already)

Keita, Dixon, Diakite, Brooks, Williams, Roberts

Now, assuming 1-2 other unknown departures, makes the gelling even harder.

Is this overrated as an issue or legit concern?

Where is Lovett going off a season in which he's barely played?   No decent euro league is offering a contract to him at this point.   So I would imagine he'll return.    Whether that was his plan originally or not.   

Problem is he's old and he's likely not going to improve his stock much with another year in college, so might as well go make money and not waste another year of his prime playing for free

« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2018, 10:16:28 PM »
Greg Joyce‏
Verified account

@GJoyce9
Follow
Follow @GJoyce9

More
Marvin Clark II: "We let them take it from us. It starts with our demeanor. They came in here and out-rebounded us, punked us." Said he's calling a team meeting tomorrow. #sjubb

Chris Mullin said he was going to see the docs after the game to find out more about Marcus LoVett. #sjubb

Hilarious that Marvin is calling for a team meeting. For what? Talk about their feelings.? Get your lazy ass on the baseline and run til you puke. Then after you're finished crying, stick your arse into someone and figure out how to box some stiff out
Did see Marvin huffing and puffing 7 minutes into the game. What happened to Mullin's declaration at his introductory press conference that we would be the best conditioned team in the nation?

« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2018, 12:35:25 AM »
Greg Joyce‏
Verified account

@GJoyce9
Follow
Follow @GJoyce9

More

Can't stop laughing about how bad we are, and the fact that we still slaughtered you're team.

If you live in a glass house...

« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2018, 09:06:06 AM »
Greg Joyce‏
Verified account

@GJoyce9
Follow
Follow @GJoyce9

More

Can't stop laughing about how bad we are, and the fact that we still slaughtered you're team.

If you live in a glass house...

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once every 22 years
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:06:36 AM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2018, 10:16:34 AM »
Well there is good news. For the 2 or 3 of you that were worried Ponds would play so well he might get drafted........

« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2018, 11:20:00 AM »
Well there is good news. For the 2 or 3 of you that were worried Ponds would play so well he might get drafted........

This is good news and for record I never thought either him or lovett would leave until after their jr years. Ponds, because he is that good, and lovett because he will have a degree. 

Hey while I have you here WASJU, Dwight hardy, who I freaking love and is responsible for probably the best sju stretch of games I have ever had to witness, and if we were all to believe you truly are Nostradamus would be second behind hatten along with a bunch of others before your least favorite best player sans AMase would be mentioned. 

In Hardy's magical year the team strugggggled in the first half of the season.
19 games into the season they were 11-8. They had loses to st marys, fordham, st bonaventure .Their five other loses were by no closer than 12. Here is what hardy had done.
14.3 pts
3.1 rbs
2.2 asts
29% from 3
never a game with more than 5 assists (ponds average).
Never a game with more than 6 boards (ponds average).

He then went on to average 23.4 pts over the teams last 14 games in what was as good a performance as anyone in the country.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Johnny23

« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2018, 11:26:54 AM »

This is good news and for record I never thought either him or lovett would leave until after their jr years. Ponds, because he is that good, and lovett because he will have a degree. 

Hey while I have you here WASJU, Dwight hardy, who I freaking love and is responsible for probably the best sju stretch of games I have ever had to witness, and if we were all to believe you truly are Nostradamus would be second behind hatten along with a bunch of others before your least favorite best player sans AMase would be mentioned. 

19 games into the season they were 11-8. They had loses to st marys, fordham, st bonaventure .Their five other loses were by no closer than 12. Here is what hardy had done.
14.3 pts
3.1 rbs
2.2 asts
29% from 3

He then went on to average 23.4 pts over the teams last 14 games in what was as good a performance as anyone in the country.

You think Ponds will stay in school another year because he's that good? Contradict much?

« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2018, 11:51:07 AM »
Johnny, my thoughts from the beginning of his career. Both would stay for jr years. Ponds leaving early, as in before he graduates, will be an indication of how good he is. Where is the contradiction.

Johnny23

« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2018, 11:56:47 AM »
Oh from the beginning of his career you stated this? Gotcha. The way it read made me think you thought he was that good TODAY that he would wait another season and a half to declare. Understood Mase.

« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2018, 01:11:46 PM »

14.3 pts
3.1 rbs
2.2 asts
29% from 3

I like Ponds but I am not sure you can win with him. His shot his not technically sound but he needs to shoot a lot. He is very talented  and fun to watch but I am not sure his style of play is conducive to a winning team. Not his fault we stink, but you can't claim he is a 1st team league performer when he is going to be on a 3 or 4 win team.  As for his NBA chances he needed to show he could play the point at the next level. He clearly can't at this point in time. I am never rating guys who are on losing teams above guys who made the tourney. Next year a huge year for Ponds and obviously Mullin.

BTW most shots at Ponds are more towards Marillac who was bashing everyone else for some reason and absolving Ponds. Ponds is as much to blame as anyone for us being so bad.

« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2018, 01:31:51 PM »

14.3 pts
3.1 rbs
2.2 asts
29% from 3

I like Ponds but I am not sure you can win with him. His shot his not technically sound but he needs to shoot a lot. He is very talented  and fun to watch but I am not sure his style of play is conducive to a winning team. Not his fault we stink, but you can't claim he is a 1st team league performer when he is going to be on a 3 or 4 win team.  As for his NBA chances he needed to show he could play the point at the next level. He clearly can't at this point in time. I am never rating guys who are on losing teams above guys who made the tourney. Next year a huge year for Ponds and obviously Mullin.

BTW most shots at Ponds are more towards Marillac who was bashing everyone else for some reason and absolving Ponds. Ponds is as much to blame as anyone for us being so bad.

Ponds needs to realize he's best when he's getting to the rim. He's a great FT shooter and he collapses the defense which makes for easy looks. If he has NBA aspirations, it would be as a point guard. Getting to the rim is a NBA-level skill he could develop. He's at his worst when he's hanging around the perimeter shooting or throwing lazy passes.

« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2018, 01:43:56 PM »

14.3 pts
3.1 rbs
2.2 asts
29% from 3

Ponds needs to realize he's best when he's getting to the rim. He's a great FT shooter and he collapses the defense which makes for easy looks. If he has NBA aspirations, it would be as a point guard. Getting to the rim is a NBA-level skill he could develop. He's at his worst when he's hanging around the perimeter shooting or throwing lazy passes.

6-1 skinny kid it is hard to drive to the basket all game. Which is why he needs to shoot a better % to keep defenses honest. The one thing he absolutely needs to stop doing is shooting those 35 foot threes. Do not get any extra points for them and terrible %. Leave those to Steph Curry.

« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2018, 01:50:18 PM »

14.3 pts
3.1 rbs
2.2 asts
29% from 3

For most of game ponds has three things going against him.
1. Opposing teams best defensive player (get used to it)
2. Simon’s defender playing extreme help defense.
3. Zero post threat to force a defender to stay attached to the block.

His %s inside the arc are unreal considering all of this.