Game 9: Grand Canyon

• 336 replies

MCNPA

Re: Game 9: Grand Canyon
« Reply #320 on: December 06, 2017, 11:37:40 PM »
Clark is much better than Mussini, who was a one dimensional player. He’s valuable to us. Defends and shoots well. But as a 4 th year junior from MSU, coupled w his strength, I can’t understand all the fouling. We also need him to rebound more. Nevertheless, a good get for the program.

Mussini (2 year average) 9.5 ppg, 2.1 rebounds, 1.5 assists
Clark 9.4 ppg, 3.9 rebounds, 0.7 assists

He’s a more efficient, and significantly larger Mussini. When he wants to rebound, I’m all for it, but he hasn’t so far.
Clark is much better than Mussini, who was a one dimensional player. He’s valuable to us. Defends and shoots well. But as a 4 th year junior from MSU, coupled w his strength, I can’t understand all the fouling. We also need him to rebound more. Nevertheless, a good get for the program.

He’s a more efficient, and significantly larger Mussini. When he wants to rebound, I’m all for it, but he hasn’t so far.

You’re not wrong about Clark.  He needs to hit the glass.  He’s a guy that’s could be a Caron Butler type.  Caron Butler averaged 7.6 rebounds per game and he was even more of a SF than PF unlike Clark.  I wanna see a bit more Anthony Glover out of Clark.  With all that said, the kid has plenty of time to get better and people are pretty harsh on him early.  It’s only his second full season play D1 ball and he’s only at the beginning of the season.  Mullin should bring Rodman in every year to give a seminar on rebounding.

You’re not wrong about Clark.  He needs to hit the glass.  He’s a guy that’s could be a Caron Butler type.  Caron Butler averaged 7.6 rebounds per game and he was even more of a SF than PF unlike Clark.  I wanna see a bit more Anthony Glover out of Clark.  With all that said, the kid has plenty of time to get better and people are pretty harsh on him early.  It’s only his second full season play D1 ball and he’s only at the beginning of the season.  Mullin should bring Rodman in every year to give a seminar on rebounding.
I thought Clark is a jr. making this his 3rd season plus a redshirt year. Plus he had 2 years of tutelage from Izzo at Michigan State. I don’t think harsh is the right word. I think people were expecting more in the areas of rebounding, inside game and fouling less. He should be a seasoned veteran by now.

If you read the Michigan state message boards, he was always more of a SF type of player, not a PF.  Likely why he didn't get the minutes he wanted.  He still has time to improve though and become that player.  The harsh comment is that he's actually playing really well.  He's a very good shooter from the outside, and does a lot of good things.  More rebounding and taking it to the hoop and he'd be that player.   I do agree though.  At this point he should be. 7-9 rebound per game player, not a 2.9-3.9 guy.   That's on him.  Needs to commit to being a PF a bit more, even though he has range, 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:41:33 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #321 on: December 06, 2017, 11:51:34 PM »
Our starting center averages 2 made threes a game and is hitting them at 50% a clip. He's scored in double figures 6 of his first 9 games after not playing a game for a year. He's terrible.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #322 on: December 06, 2017, 11:52:53 PM »
Walden was magnificent!  Really shouldered the burden sans Love it.

You guys got it all backwards.  MC's hitting three's at a 52% clip.  Needs to play more outside, not inside. Speaking of which - can Simon miss more than 1 three before he's labeled a bad shooter?

The refs can go to the monitor and change a charge into a block call?  I guess by determining if the defender's in the restricted area?  Announcers were speaking to the Gm and didn't say anything about it.

« Reply #323 on: December 06, 2017, 11:56:15 PM »
Our starting center averages 2 made threes a game and is hitting them at 50% a clip. He's scored in double figures 6 of his first 9 games after not playing a game for a year. He's terrible.

Plus, I don't have proof that Mc and Simon are primarily responsible for the defensive makeover.  Perhaps it's been Trimble?  But logic would dictate it's been the two transfers.

« Reply #324 on: December 07, 2017, 07:34:49 AM »
Anyone else think Trimble looked more trim and moved better this game?

« Reply #325 on: December 07, 2017, 08:37:22 AM »
Agree, saw him shooting around in the practice facility  after the Sacred Heart game and noticed the change. Making his foul shots at the end of the Grand Canyon game was also big. Need him now and down the road.

TONYD3

« Reply #326 on: December 07, 2017, 09:25:33 AM »
Bashir Ahmed and everyone has played 9 games this season- 1 against Malloy and 4 more lower division 1 talent. His stats through 9 games are not accurate. They tell us nothing.

They do though tell us how to spell Molloy. Also they tell us how he has performed against the players against whom he has played. No doubt as a gym teacher you know how he would have performed against teams that he has not played. That's why I did not major in gym: I care little about the future.
I used to think you were fxcking with me and others. We would argue about players. And you bring up stats that didn’t really matter. I have come to realize that you have no idea what you are talking about. You still think Larry wright was a good player (their is no stat showing how soft he was) and norm Roberts was a rube for not playing him. You had no idea that christina jones was awful (built like Tarzan played like Jane ) . When he played enough he would accumulate stats. When he played enough the team always lost. Now Bashir Ahmed, you don’t see the black hole he is on offense. You don’t notice him leaving shooters on defense or not boxing out. Nothing  like that willl be found in the box score. Like christina he will accumulate stats. Good teams are going to try and stop ponds and Lovett and let bashir shoot and make decisions. Hopefully he is up to it. Often bad shots are taken.
As for being a gym teacher- you are a pus. Because of the that you would have a tough time even with your vocabulary.
One more suggestion- change the picture from the Manson girl to son of Sam. Son of Sam is close to son of sloth! Exclamation means I am laughing at you!

Marillac

« Reply #327 on: December 07, 2017, 10:08:53 AM »

He's also averaging just 3.9 rebounds a game compared with 3.4 fouls and 1.9 turnovers. On the list of things coaches want big men to do, shooting threes is very low.

« Reply #328 on: December 07, 2017, 11:21:38 AM »

He's also averaging just 3.9 rebounds a game compared with 3.4 fouls and 1.9 turnovers. On the list of things coaches want big men to do, shooting threes is very low.

I think he will be fine and with our offense it is nice that he can hit a three, but he absolutely has to rebound better. In the BE Ponds and Simon won't be able to keep up their current rebounding pace, which has saved us. Clark has to get about 6 boards a game. BTW Ahmed also has to rebound better!

« Reply #329 on: December 07, 2017, 11:26:01 AM »
Bashir Ahmed and everyone has played 9 games this season- 1 against Malloy and 4 more lower division 1 talent. His stats through 9 games are not accurate. They tell us nothing.

They do though tell us how to spell Molloy. Also they tell us how he has performed against the players against whom he has played. No doubt as a gym teacher you know how he would have performed against teams that he has not played. That's why I did not major in gym: I care little about the future.
I used to think you were fxcking with me and others. We would argue about players. And you bring up stats that didn’t really matter. I have come to realize that you have no idea what you are talking about. You still think Larry wright was a good player (their is no stat showing how soft he was) and norm Roberts was a rube for not playing him. You had no idea that christina jones was awful (built like Tarzan played like Jane ) . When he played enough he would accumulate stats. When he played enough the team always lost. Now Bashir Ahmed, you don’t see the black hole he is on offense. You don’t notice him leaving shooters on defense or not boxing out. Nothing  like that willl be found in the box score. Like christina he will accumulate stats. Good teams are going to try and stop ponds and Lovett and let bashir shoot and make decisions. Hopefully he is up to it. Often bad shots are taken.
As for being a gym teacher- you are a pus. Because of the that you would have a tough time even with your vocabulary.
One more suggestion- change the picture from the Manson girl to son of Sam. Son of Sam is close to son of sloth! Exclamation means I am laughing at you!

I think you are confusing two of the most famous and popular posters in the history of these boards. I am the better looking one BTW. I was Larry Wright's champion  not Fun/ Foad and Norm was a dope for many, many reasons. Larry Wright's lack of PT was just one of them.

« Reply #330 on: December 07, 2017, 11:42:37 AM »
All of us with eyes can see that Hammer could stand some improvement with regards to rebounding and foul trouble.

Still,  he obviously is part of the major talent upgrade on Union turnpike and a big reason we've made a 360 turn from last year out of conference thus far.  He considers himself a team leader and I'ld bet the other players and staff do too.

goredmen

« Reply #331 on: December 07, 2017, 11:53:37 AM »
All of us with eyes can see that Hammer could stand some improvement with regards to rebounding and foul trouble.

Still,  he obviously is part of the major talent upgrade on Union turnpike and a big reason we've made a 360 turn from last year out of conference thus far.  He considers himself a team leader and I'ld bet the other players and staff do too.

That's a 180 George

« Reply #332 on: December 07, 2017, 12:27:24 PM »

That's a 180 George

Ooopps...I struggle with academia in general and geology in particular.

Marillac

« Reply #333 on: December 07, 2017, 01:09:50 PM »

That's a 180 George

Geometry

Foad

« Reply #334 on: December 07, 2017, 01:24:51 PM »
I used to think you were fxcking with me and others. We would argue about players. And you bring up stats that didn’t really matter. I have come to realize that you have no idea what you are talking about. You still think Larry wright was a good player (their is no stat showing how soft he was) and norm Roberts was a rube for not playing him.

You're confused. I was never a big Larry Wright fan. That was poster WASJU. They were in luv.

You had no idea that christina jones was awful (built like Tarzan played like Jane ) . When he played enough he would accumulate stats. When he played enough the team always lost.

I believed that Christian Jones - currently a professional basketball player - who averaged 9 points and 5 rebounds as a junior could have contributed as a senior on a team that won 13 games and lacked an insider presence. A team on which the two big men (Alibegowitz and Freudenburg)  who got his minutes averaged 3 points and three rebounds between them. And I still believe it.

Now Bashir Ahmed, you don’t see the black hole he is on offense. You don’t notice him leaving shooters on defense or not boxing out. Nothing  like that willl be found in the box score. Like christina he will accumulate stats. Good teams are going to try and stop ponds and Lovett and let bashir shoot and make decisions.

Wait. Stop the presses. Your theory is that teams are going to try and stop our two best players and make other less good players makes plays to beat them? My god, how has no one ever thought of that before, that's genius. I take back everything I ever said about gym teachers being complete and utter nice persons. It's a shame you're functionally illiterate, you could write a book on basketball strategy. Chapter One: Stop opposing teams best players. Chapter Two: Score more points than other team. And so on.

Actually I was a pretty good athlete as a tad. I played field hockey in the fall and figure skated in the winter and still have the taut thighs of a Swedish gymynast.

One more suggestion- change the picture from the Manson girl to son of Sam.

Yeah, it's not really a Manson girl stupid. That was me fxcking with you.

« Reply #335 on: December 07, 2017, 02:04:08 PM »
I used to think you were fxcking with me and others. We would argue about players. And you bring up stats that didn’t really matter. I have come to realize that you have no idea what you are talking about. You still think Larry wright was a good player (their is no stat showing how soft he was) and norm Roberts was a rube for not playing him.

You're confused. I was never a big Larry Wright fan. That was poster WASJU. They were in luv.

You had no idea that christina jones was awful (built like Tarzan played like Jane ) . When he played enough he would accumulate stats. When he played enough the team always lost.

I believed that Christian Jones - currently a professional basketball player - who averaged 9 points and 5 rebounds as a junior could have contributed as a senior on a team that won 13 games and lacked an insider presence. A team on which the two big men (Alibegowitz and Freudenburg)  who got his minutes averaged 3 points and three rebounds between them. And I still believe it.

Now Bashir Ahmed, you don’t see the black hole he is on offense. You don’t notice him leaving shooters on defense or not boxing out. Nothing  like that willl be found in the box score. Like christina he will accumulate stats. Good teams are going to try and stop ponds and Lovett and let bashir shoot and make decisions.

Wait. Stop the presses. Your theory is that teams are going to try and stop our two best players and make other less good players makes plays to beat them? My god, how has no one ever thought of that before, that's genius. I take back everything I ever said about gym teachers being complete and utter nice persons. It's a shame you're functionally illiterate, you could write a book on basketball strategy. Chapter One: Stop opposing teams best players. Chapter Two: Score more points than other team. And so on.

Actually I was a pretty good athlete as a tad. I played field hockey in the fall and figure skated in the winter and still have the taut thighs of a Swedish gymynast.

One more suggestion- change the picture from the Manson girl to son of Sam.

Yeah, it's not really a Manson girl stupid. That was me fxcking with you.

There is a saying "press box hot". Back in the day when sportswriters were all 60 year old guys smoking cigars and any woman walked into the press box, no matter what she actually looked like she appeared to be a super model. Anthony Mason, Cedric Jackson, Geno Lawrence, Avery Patterson, etc. Larry Wright's jumper looked like Kate Upton compared to those mushes.

« Reply #336 on: December 07, 2017, 04:09:51 PM »

That's a 180 George

Geometry

You see.