2 year plan...

• 165 replies

Marillac

Re: 2 year plan...
« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2018, 03:24:39 PM »
Everything you wrote besides Ponds being 6'1 was wrong. You've been wrong about Ponds for two years and now you're moving the goal posts again by saying he is a good shooter off the dribble. Nobody shoots better off the bounce than set. That's ridiculous. And what are you basing Ponds being a poor set shooter on?! I can remember one set shot in the last three games and he hit it. He hit two set shots a game last year. He MIGHT have 12 set shots all season. Stop the insanity. Ponds is a great shooter. His touch is just off the charts.

Scoring point guards need another ball handler to maximize their potential. Kemba had an NBA pick at point to help carry the load. Hardy had Boothe. You can't be the full-time PG and carry the scoring load without someone to do some of the heavy lifting by helping out running the show. Right now the team has found a way to survive with Simon giving Ponds a break with a little help from Bash and Trimble.

I actually think Simon has NBA potential at the four in a Draymond Green type role if he can put on 20 lbs and work on his jumper. I'm really impressed with his post defense and use of length. I'm surprised nobody talks about how good he's looked on bigs all year. He gets his hips right into them and doesn't budge an inch. Strong kid.

« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2018, 03:37:02 PM »
Everything you wrote besides Ponds being 6'1 was wrong. You've been wrong about Ponds for two years and now you're moving the goal posts again by saying he is a good shooter off the dribble. Nobody shoots better off the bounce than set. That's ridiculous. And what are you basing Ponds being a poor set shooter on?! I can remember one set shot in the last three games and he hit it. He hit two set shots a game last year. He MIGHT have 12 set shots all season. Stop the insanity. Ponds is a great shooter. His touch is just off the charts.

Scoring point guards need another ball handler to maximize their potential. Kemba had an NBA pick at point to help carry the load. Hardy had Boothe. You can't be the full-time PG and carry the scoring load without someone to do some of the heavy lifting by helping out running the show. Right now the team has found a way to survive with Simon giving Ponds a break with a little help from Bash and Trimble.

I actually think Simon has NBA potential at the four in a Draymond Green type role if he can put on 20 lbs and work on his jumper. I'm really impressed with his post defense and use of length. I'm surprised nobody talks about how good he's looked on bigs all year. He gets his hips right into them and doesn't budge an inch. Strong kid.

A little help???
I would say Ponds and Simon basically split the point duties 50 /50. Trimble basically stands in a corner and waits for someone to pass him the ball so he can shoot a three. Not only do you have beer goggles for Ponds you have an irrational dislike of Simon. Ponds is a fantastic scorer who is putting on an Allen Iverson impersonation. Fun to watch. Not sure why you want him coming off picks and shooting threes.
Ponds is not a good three point shooter. It is a herky jerky set shot when his feet are set. Off the dribble shot is more compact and smoother. His % reflects that. Sorry.

BTW Hatten wasn't a great shooter either. And my all time favorite player Berry's jumper rivaled Simon's in ugly department.

« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2018, 03:40:09 PM »
lol, 21, 5, 5. Leads BE in steals. Back to back BE and national player of the week. Before you said he was behind Hardy and Harrison. Keep changing it as it goes. You get pissed when we say Simon doesnt have a great handle. Like its some sort of insane attack on him and we are blind.  Yet you defend yourself like crazy for saying ponds is not a good outside shooter. Check your best friend stat sheet on that one. 38% as a freshmen. See what hes shooting since BE play.

And I actually like you as a poster. Really, your funny. Picture you as Brad Garret. Youd be a lot more enjoyable if you ever admitted you were wrong.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2018, 03:43:40 PM »
Lol 21, 5,5.  Back to back national player of the week. Before he was behind hardy and Harrison. Keep changing it as it goes. You get pissed when we say Simon doesn’t have a great handle. Like it’s some sort of insanse attack on him and we are blind. Yet you defend yourself like crazy for saying Ponds is not a good outside shooter. Check your best friend stat book on that. 38% as a freshmen. See what he’s shootint in BE play.

IMO which stands for my opinion I would put his career if it ended after this year behind Harrison and Hardy. They made the tournament as the best player / number one option on the team. Hardy gets extra credit for making the tournament when coming off Norm years I did not think we would ever make one again. As far as fun players to watch that are just under the program's elite that I have watched he only falls behind Hatten FOR ME.

« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2018, 03:46:47 PM »

Simon has NBA potential at the four? How do you come up with this stuff?

« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2018, 03:49:45 PM »
lol, 21, 5, 5. Leads BE in steals. Back to back BE and national player of the week. Before you said he was behind Hardy and Harrison. Keep changing it as it goes. You get pissed when we say Simon doesnt have a great handle. Like its some sort of insane attack on him and we are blind.  Yet you defend yourself like crazy for saying ponds is not a good outside shooter. Check your best friend stat sheet on that one. 38% as a freshmen. See what hes shooting since BE play.

And I actually like you as a poster. Really, your funny. Picture you as Brad Garret. Youd be a lot more enjoyable if you ever admitted you were wrong.

Used to be told Tom Cruise.  Two separate girls told me that with witnesses in college.
Tom Cruise thing, I hit 423(Which was actual number but 425 sounds better and is the number I tell people since I am being honest here) as Junior in HS and I broke up Steve Karsay's no hitter in HS are what I told MRS WASJU I want on my tombstone.

« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2018, 03:49:49 PM »
Lol 21, 5,5.  Back to back national player of the week. Before he was behind hardy and Harrison. Keep changing it as it goes. You get pissed when we say Simon doesn’t have a great handle. Like it’s some sort of insanse attack on him and we are blind. Yet you defend yourself like crazy for saying Ponds is not a good outside shooter. Check your best friend stat book on that. 38% as a freshmen. See what he’s shootint in BE play.

IMO which stands for my opinion I would put his career if it ended after this year behind Harrison and Hardy. They made the tournament as the best player / number one option on the team. Hardy gets extra credit for making the tournament when coming off Norm years I did not think we would ever make one again. As far as fun players to watch that are just under the program's elite that I have watched he only falls behind Hatten FOR ME.

Sorry man, you have no issues telling other people their opinions are wrong.

Marillac

« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2018, 03:50:08 PM »

A little help???
I would say Ponds and Simon basically split the point duties 50 /50. Trimble basically stands in a corner and waits for someone to pass him the ball so he can shoot a three. Not only do you have beer goggles for Ponds you have an irrational dislike of Simon. Ponds is a fantastic scorer who is putting on an Allen Iverson impersonation. Fun to watch. Not sure why you want him coming off picks and shooting threes.
Ponds is not a good three point shooter. It is a herky jerky set shot when his feet are set. Off the dribble shot is more compact and smoother. His % reflects that. Sorry.

BTW Hatten wasn't a great shooter either. And my all time favorite player Berry's jumper rivaled Simon's in ugly department.

Hatten wasn't a good shooter, but Ponds is a great shooter. You're being as ridiculous as the Mets fans that wrote Harvey off last year for not coming back immediately from having his rib removed and his shoulder totally atrophied. Ponds' outside shot is arguably the best part of his game at the next level. Get my boy some set shots and you'll see 40%.

Simon does not split the point guards duties 50/50. He takes the ball up more now--which anyone can do -- and he will give Ponds a break every so often. Ponds is the one that makes it all happen. It's the Ponds show and Simon does just enough for us to survive. Simon is a SF that can pass very well. He just isn't coordinated and I don't know why you fight that tooth and nail. Look at his shot!!! He is so stiff and has no feel. He's rarely in control but he's
so damn athletic he can pull it off. You don't think it's crazy you how he picks up his dribble so far from the basket and gazelles his way in? He knows his limitations and I give him a ton of credit for that. Dom never did. That travel in the Nova game was crazy. He went like 20 feet without a dribble.

« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2018, 03:51:01 PM »

Used to be told Tom Cruise.  Two separate girls told me that with witnesses in college.
Tom Cruise thing, I hit 423(Which was actual number but 425 sounds better and is the number I tell people since I am being honest here) as Junior in HS and I broke up Steve Karsay's no hitter in HS are what I told MRS WASJU I want on my tombstone.

Would much rather watch a game with brad

Marillac

« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2018, 03:57:40 PM »

I got the same reactions when I said Ponds was a first round pick and now he's in mock drafts. Everyone wants to be a guard these days because of Durant and the Greek Freak. It's created a huge opportunity for kids that are willing to embrace playing the four or a 4/3 role. Simon is strong. He's far stronger than Christian Jones. And he is has a 7'3 wing span. He's also 215 lbs and can add more weight. He's able to switch and defend 4 positions. Green is an inch taller. He looked awesome on Bagley and Spellman and has looked great in one-on-one situations in the post. I called for Dom to play the 4 and 5 for three years. I think Simon has even more potential there with his strength.

« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2018, 04:00:42 PM »

I got the same reactions when I said Ponds was a first round pick and now he's in mock drafts. Everyone wants to be a guard these days because of Durant and the Greek Freak. It's created a huge opportunity for kids that are willing to embrace playing the four or a 4/3 role. Simon is strong. He's far stronger than Christian Jones. And he is has a 7'3 wing span. He's also 215 lbs and can add more weight. He's able to switch and defend 4 positions. Green is an inch taller. He looked awesome on Bagley and Spellman and has looked great in one-on-one situations in the post. I called for Dom to play the 4 and 5 for three years. I think Simon has even more potential there with his strength.

Show me one Mock draft with him in first round.

« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2018, 04:00:52 PM »

Yeah but a Few Good Men Cruise was a pretty cool guide. Liked Baseball and Yoo Hoo. And you wouldn't want to watch a game with Maverick?

Not really. If that hurts im sorry, you cant handle the truth.

« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2018, 04:03:14 PM »

Yeah but a Few Good Men Cruise was a pretty cool guide. Liked Baseball and Yoo Hoo. And you wouldn't want to watch a game with Maverick?

Not really. If that hurts im sorry, you cant handle the truth.

I would def rather hang out with Cruise. Way hotter chicks would be circling around him then Everyone loves Raymond's brother

« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2018, 04:06:59 PM »

Sorry man, you have no issues telling other people their opinions are wrong.

People saying we should keep Norm because he was a good guy and Chris Mullin should quit are stupid opinions and should be mocked and ridiculed. You saying you like Ponds better than Hatten, Hardy and Harrison I get. My criteria is just different. Marrillac has gone insane with him. You are just straddling the line. lol

« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2018, 09:51:22 AM »

Ponds probably isn't a first round pick. Not a crazy idea, but a stretch IMO.

Stronger than Christian Jones?! Where is he playing the 4 these days?

« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2018, 02:24:45 PM »

Marillac

« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2018, 03:20:31 PM »

Draymond Green measured in at 6'5 and change at the combine. 230 lbs with a wingspan 3 inches SHORTER than Simon. He's a decent FT and three point shooter...average. He plays because he embraces the role of PF first and foremost and does the dirty jobs like d up and set screens. Simon is 6'5, with the aforementioned reach advantage, and is already a very sturdy 215. He can easily be 230-235 by the end of his senior year.

Simon kills the defensive glass like few others in the country. With more focus and a more defined offensive role, he could hit double-digit rebounds per game. He d's up big men extremely well in the post. Nobody backs him down with his strong base. He has a future in the NBA as a 4/3 if he committed to it and could improve his shot. He could switch to cover anyone on the court and legitimately cover guards as well as block shots in the post and run in transition like a guard. He is more physically gifted than Green, but Green owned that role. There is no reason he can't get minutes in the NBA as a defensive wizard and glue guy if Green can be 1st team all league.

« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2018, 04:18:24 PM »

Draymond Green measured in at 6'5 and change at the combine. 230 lbs with a wingspan 3 inches SHORTER than Simon. He's a decent FT and three point shooter...average. He plays because he embraces the role of PF first and foremost and does the dirty jobs like d up and set screens. Simon is 6'5, with the aforementioned reach advantage, and is already a very sturdy 215. He can easily be 230-235 by the end of his senior year.

Simon kills the defensive glass like few others in the country. With more focus and a more defined offensive role, he could hit double-digit rebounds per game. He d's up big men extremely well in the post. Nobody backs him down with his strong base. He has a future in the NBA as a 4/3 if he committed to it and could improve his shot. He could switch to cover anyone on the court and legitimately cover guards as well as block shots in the post and run in transition like a guard. He is more physically gifted than Green, but Green owned that role. There is no reason he can't get minutes in the NBA as a defensive wizard and glue guy if Green can be 1st team all league.

You have now compared Ponds to Curry and Simon to Draymond Green. Now all you have to do is compare Clark and Ahmed to Durant and Thompson and we can win the Marillac imaginary NBA championship.

« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2018, 05:34:29 PM »

I would think most agree Simon can get minutes in the NBA if he improves his shot. That's not exactly going out on a limb. On the other hand, attracting NBA interest as a 4 is hard to imagine. 

Marillac

« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2018, 05:51:29 PM »

You have now compared Ponds to Curry and Simon to Draymond Green. Now all you have to do is compare Clark and Ahmed to Durant and Thompson and we can win the Marillac imaginary NBA championship.

I didn't compare Simon's current game to Green's. I simply used Green as an example of why it isn't absurd for a kid with his size to play the four at the next level in the new NBA.

As for Ponds and Curry, you'd have to be blind not to see the similarities as college sophs. I know this is where you bring up your truly absurd "Ponds can't shoot" nonsense that you developed when he was shooting 17% from three earlier in the year. Any non-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=related knows Ponds isn't getting good looks. Curry came off of multiple screens implemented by a world clas coach and e everyone on his team could dribble and pass. Ponds will be an NBA sharpshooter. There are also levels to it, and I doubt Ponds approaches Curry's game. I could see a Mo Williams type of impact.