Game 24: #4 Duke

• 300 replies
Re: Game 24: #4 Duke
« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2018, 04:44:00 PM »
Wow!! Great win today for the players, fans, and the staff!!! Hopefully a little momentum will build and we can celebrate a lil more the rest of the season!!!

« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2018, 04:46:12 PM »
I think Coach K needs to get a X and O guy to help him during the game . He even took his Coat off . His Assistant Coaches like Capel looked lost and could only look at their Game Pads . The Duke program  needs Mike Rice  to help with the Practices and in game  adjustments .. Gee , see how easy it is to turn the wheel against any Coach . Even the winningest Coach in NCAA history .   Think we can drop the Bone on Mullin for a while ? Like maybe the rest of the Season . Hope so ..

Coach K's overall record speaks for itself.  Nice try, though. 

Just celebrate today's win, instead of interjecting weak sauce.
Agree. Great win and effort and performance by all involved today and they deserve praise but let's not make it a referendum on the season. Can easily turn around and say if we can take down the #4 team in the country da f$ck we doin losing 11 straight to mainly far inferior competition than Duke.

« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2018, 04:54:47 PM »
I think Coach K needs to get a X and O guy to help him during the game . He even took his Coat off . His Assistant Coaches like Capel looked lost and could only look at their Game Pads . The Duke program  needs Mike Rice  to help with the Practices and in game  adjustments .. Gee , see how easy it is to turn the wheel against any Coach . Even the winningest Coach in NCAA history .   Think we can drop the Bone on Mullin for a while ? Like maybe the rest of the Season . Hope so ..

Agree. Great win and effort and performance by all involved today and they deserve praise but let's not make it a referendum on the season. Can easily turn around and say if we can take down the #4 team in the country da f$ck we doin losing 11 straight to mainly far inferior competition than Duke.

Team had more bad breaks during stretch than I can remember. Crazy when you think about the close ones.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #163 on: February 03, 2018, 05:09:32 PM »

100% disagree.  If nitwits on this website are going to constantly harp, exclaim on bad coaching, ignore good coaching/play earlier this season, and ignore some good coaching/play during close loses, then slyfoxx has every reasonable right to interject a wise-guy post in support of the staff.  It's not 'weak sauce'.  Why should he be told what to do, and roll-over when he has an example to argue his side?

Carry on slyfoxx, carry on.

« Reply #164 on: February 03, 2018, 05:12:22 PM »

100% disagree.  If nitwits on this website are going to constantly harp, exclaim on bad coaching, ignore good coaching/play earlier this season, and ignore some good coaching/play during close loses, then slyfoxx has every reasonable right to interject a wise-guy post in support of the staff.  It's not 'weak sauce'.  Why should he be told what to do, and roll-over when he has an example to argue his side?

He can interject all day, if he like.  It still doesn't help his cause or make him sound less silly.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2018, 05:17:46 PM »

Coach K is 402-168 (.705) in conference play. Mullin is 8-39 (.170). 

« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2018, 05:18:19 PM »
Great win! Never expected that.
Because I am loyal, Ahmed now gets a free pass from me. The overall Ahmed experience should be thought of positively because of this game. Same way I think of Phil Greene because of Cuse game not the endless circle dribbling while being miscast as a point guard.
Ponds was fantastic obviously and Owens is now guy I want at the line at the end.
Funny that a Great ST john's win can still make me happy for the whole day. Really happy for the kids and Mullin. Also really happy that this win brought some sadness to some of you who were hoping that we would lose out. You know who you are.

SJUFAN

« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2018, 05:22:23 PM »

He can interject all day, if he like.  It still doesn't help his cause or make him sound less silly.

To be honest though the staff has gotten a bad rap. The issue is more of the players' inability to execute rather than the staff not knowing what they are doing. Some players' just wont do what you want them to do no matter who the coach is. That's when they sit on the bench and get recruited over. We don't have the luxury of sitting players who refuse to rotate and box out ie Clark and Ahmed. Now this is the team the staff fielded so if they should take a hit it would be their recruiting. They can't miss with next years class.

« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2018, 05:25:21 PM »

Coach K is 402-168 (.705) in conference play. Mullin is 8-39 (.170).

Yeah; great comp.  Good value added statement.

« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2018, 05:26:54 PM »

It's equally as silly as as all the nonsense some jokers post on this site.  That's why it's fine and I wouldn't want him shouted down.

« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2018, 05:29:58 PM »

It's equally as silly as as all the nonsense some jokers post on this site.  That's why it's fine and I wouldn't want him shouted down.

Maybe, there is some nonsense posted here, but that doesn't mean how nonsense couldn't or shouldn't be shouted down.

It was an overly-exaggerated attempt to chastise fans who has critiqued Mullin, as well as an attempt to take a swipe at Coach K's ability to coach.  His record DOES speaks for itself.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 05:33:23 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #171 on: February 03, 2018, 05:32:39 PM »

Maybe, there is some nonsense posted here, but that doesn't mean how nonsense couldn't or shouldn't be shouted down.

If you have appointed yourself chief editor-in-fact of this website, then please do a better job of policing the rest of the hoi polloi.
Otherwise, you don't have a real leg to stand on.

« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2018, 05:34:30 PM »

If you have appointed yourself chief editor-in-fact of this website, then please do a better job of policing the rest of the hoi polloi.

I'll stand on or do or say whatever I choose on here.  Are you gonna stop me?  Try and see where that'll get you.

« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2018, 05:37:16 PM »

Been MJs role for a while. Sucks too because when he just talks basketball he’s one of the better posters we have.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #174 on: February 03, 2018, 05:38:17 PM »
Nice to see us hold on instead of blowing it. Also...always nice to beat Duke!

« Reply #175 on: February 03, 2018, 05:39:35 PM »

Been MJs role for a while. Sucks too because when he just talks basketball he’s one of the better posters we have.

Whatever.  He's clearly trying to pick a fight.  It's easy to do that crap behind a computer.

Poison

« Reply #177 on: February 03, 2018, 05:43:01 PM »
Bagley is a beast

Okafor 2.0 - soft as hell

« Reply #178 on: February 03, 2018, 05:43:37 PM »

I'll stand on or do or say whatever I choose on here.  Are you gonna stop me?  Try and see where that'll get you.

Nope, no thanks tough guy. I'm just saying your thought process is flawed.  You are self-selectively trying to shout someone down for bringing 'weak sauce.'  If you are going to bring down the wrath of god, you might as well apply it to all the idiotic posts on this board. Many posters have 'weak sauce', not just the one.   With great power, come great responsibility.  Please, for the little people's sake, use your power judiciously.

Poison

« Reply #179 on: February 03, 2018, 05:43:50 PM »
Great to be at the Garden today. Great win. Ponds is something else.