Game 24: #4 Duke

• 300 replies
Re: Game 24: #4 Duke
« Reply #180 on: February 03, 2018, 05:44:19 PM »
Gotta think a win like this, the Garden rocking the way it was, may sway a decision for a current player who was on the fence with the decision to return.  Recruits also. Great day for St. John's basketball

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #181 on: February 03, 2018, 05:47:00 PM »
I think Coach K needs to get a X and O guy to help him during the game . He even took his Coat off . His Assistant Coaches like Capel looked lost and could only look at their Game Pads . The Duke program  needs Mike Rice  to help with the Practices and in game  adjustments .. Gee , see how easy it is to turn the wheel against any Coach . Even the winningest Coach in NCAA history .   Think we can drop the Bone on Mullin for a while ? Like maybe the rest of the Season . Hope so ..

Coach K's overall record speaks for itself.  Nice try, though. 

Just celebrate today's win, instead of interjecting weak sauce.

100% disagree.  If nitwits on this website are going to constantly harp, exclaim on bad coaching, ignore good coaching/play earlier this season, and ignore some good coaching/play during close loses, then slyfoxx has every reasonable right to interject a wise-guy post in support of the staff.  It's not 'weak sauce'.  Why should he be told what to do, and roll-over when he has an example to argue his side?

Carry on slyfoxx, carry on.

Coach K is 402-168 (.705) in conference play. Mullin is 8-39 (.170).

Yeah; great comp.  Good value added statement.

It's not my comp the idiot poster who compared Coach K's situation to Mullin's is the one who brought it up. No one else in their right mind would ever even mention the two in the same sentence when it comes to coaching.

« Reply #182 on: February 03, 2018, 05:47:39 PM »
Great to be at the Garden today. Great win. Ponds is something else.

That must have been miserable for you.

« Reply #183 on: February 03, 2018, 05:47:57 PM »
I think Coach K needs to get a X and O guy to help him during the game . He even took his Coat off . His Assistant Coaches like Capel looked lost and could only look at their Game Pads . The Duke program  needs Mike Rice  to help with the Practices and in game  adjustments .. Gee , see how easy it is to turn the wheel against any Coach . Even the winningest Coach in NCAA history .   Think we can drop the Bone on Mullin for a while ? Like maybe the rest of the Season . Hope so ..

100% disagree.  If nitwits on this website are going to constantly harp, exclaim on bad coaching, ignore good coaching/play earlier this season, and ignore some good coaching/play during close loses, then slyfoxx has every reasonable right to interject a wise-guy post in support of the staff.  It's not 'weak sauce'.  Why should he be told what to do, and roll-over when he has an example to argue his side?

He can interject all day, if he like.  It still doesn't help his cause or make him sound less silly.

It's equally as silly as as all the nonsense some jokers post on this site.  That's why it's fine and I wouldn't want him shouted down.

Maybe, there is some nonsense posted here, but that doesn't mean how nonsense couldn't or shouldn't be shouted down.

If you have appointed yourself chief editor-in-fact of this website, then please do a better job of policing the rest of the hoi polloi.
Otherwise, you don't have a real leg to stand on.

I'll stand on or do or say whatever I choose on here.  Are you gonna stop me?  Try and see where that'll get you.

Nope, no thanks tough guy. I'm just saying your thought process is flawed.  You are self-selectively trying to shout someone down for bringing 'weak sauce.'  If you are going to bring down the wrath of god, you might as well apply it to all the idiotic posts on this board. Many posters have 'weak sauce', not just the one.   With great power, come great responsibility.  Please, for the little people's sake, use your power judiciously.

No tough guy.  I just don't care to deal with the BS you're bringing.

I don't always respond to all the nonsense posted.  I chose to respond to his nonsense, ya know, because I could and wanted to do so.

Thank you for your concernment. 

« Reply #184 on: February 03, 2018, 05:49:16 PM »

It's not my comp the idiot poster who compared Coach K's situation to Mullin's is the one who brought it up. No one else in their right mind would ever even mention the two in the same sentence when it comes to coaching.

He knows that.  He just wanna stir the pot.

« Reply #185 on: February 03, 2018, 05:49:32 PM »

He used satire.  Try it sometime. You might like it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire

Foad

« Reply #186 on: February 03, 2018, 05:49:48 PM »
St Johns Dook recap http://www.bigeastboards.com/

« Reply #187 on: February 03, 2018, 05:51:29 PM »
ST John's beats the number 4 team in the country. Duke and yet there are angry "fans" on here. Weird huh?

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #188 on: February 03, 2018, 05:54:03 PM »

I'm aware dummy. Still was a stupid comparison, satirical or not. If I were to compare Mullin to other coaches I'd bring up guys like Clyde Drexler, and Eddie Jordan, not one of the all time greats.

« Reply #189 on: February 03, 2018, 05:54:53 PM »
ST John's beats the number 4 team in the country. Duke and yet there are angry "fans" on here. Weird huh?

Very weird. Ponds moving up your sju greatest guards list?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #190 on: February 03, 2018, 05:55:42 PM »

I'm aware dummy. Still was a stupid comparison, satirical or not. If I were to compare Mullin to other coaches I'd bring up guys like Clyde Drexler, and Eddie Jordan, not one of the all time greats.

We won!

« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2018, 05:57:50 PM »

I like Ponds a lot. All I said is he is not a good outside shooter. And to move up you have to play in a tourney game. Just my rules. But today was awesome.
And I will give him a pass for his FT unclutchness sometimes. Mullin had same problem in college.
BTW the last 7 mins of the game I didn't want anyone besides him to shoot. Until Ahmed started playing out of his mind and I was ok with him too.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 05:59:34 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #192 on: February 03, 2018, 05:58:54 PM »

He knows that.  He just wanna stir the pot.

There are far worse 'stirrers' on this board than me. They just happen to be mostly silent today because of the win.
Sorry to attack you.  Please don't take it personally, even though I have admittedly, been quite obnoxious to you. So, my apologies.
From my point of view, I basically just chose your post as a proxy for all the inanity on this board.  As a fan of the program, the jokers here drives me nuts.

I am, by definition from what I have posted for - asking for a double standard. I have asked you not to shout down a poster. And I, admittedly am trying to shout down others.  It's a double standard.  I just feel like this board so completely stilted because it runs amuck with no supervision. 

The board needs just a little supervision. There are way too many people on this board that gleefully try and hurt the program or tweak others out by making garbage up.  I'm tired of it, but I like the board - so i'm starting to muck-rake. If you can't beat 'em, join em!

Again, nothing against you personally.  Yes, I was picking an argument. I just it's all one-side by clowns and jerks on this thing.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:06:11 PM by RedmenNYC »

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2018, 05:59:32 PM »

We won!

I'm aware. I'm happy we won. I was at the game and it was a great game and great environment. I'm just pissed off that we obviously have the talent to beat the #4 team in the country, hang around with the #1 and #6 teams, and yet we roll over at home to Depaul and Georgetown because our coaching staff is clueless.

« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2018, 06:00:55 PM »

We won!

I'm aware. I'm happy we won. I was at the game and it was a great game and great environment. I'm just pissed off that we obviously have the talent to beat the #4 team in the country, hang around with the #1 and #6 teams, and yet we roll over at home to Depaul and Georgetown because our coaching staff is clueless.

Yeah would be like your girl giving you anal, then complaining as soon as it was over that she never gave it to you before this.

« Reply #195 on: February 03, 2018, 06:02:56 PM »

I disagree.  His post was more effective and entertaining by using the absurd example of comparing 0-for-conference Mullin vs. Coach K.  That's why it's a great choice... because it's so over the top.  Look how powerful a choice it was! We just posted twenty-five times on a completely stupid topic. I applaud Slyfoxx's post.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #196 on: February 03, 2018, 06:03:49 PM »

We won!

Yeah would be like your girl giving you anal, then complaining as soon as it was over that she never gave it to you before this.

No it would be like my girl giving me anal after having sex with all my friends. It's nice but doesn't make up for the awfulness of this season.

« Reply #197 on: February 03, 2018, 06:04:27 PM »

We won!

His girl giving anal sounds like homosexuality.  I have no issues with homosexuals, but that didn't come out right.  LOL

« Reply #198 on: February 03, 2018, 06:04:54 PM »

I like Ponds a lot. All I said is he is not a good outside shooter. And to move up you have to play in a tourney game. Just my rules. But today was awesome.
And I will give him a pass for his FT unclutchness sometimes. Mullin had same problem in college.
BTW the last 7 mins of the game I didn't want anyone besides him to shoot. Until Ahmed started playing out of his mind and I was ok with him too.

I know its your rules. Was a sincere question. And that shot is rounding back into form!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

derk

« Reply #199 on: February 03, 2018, 06:05:49 PM »
Worth 2 BE wins even though it won't be looked at that way