Game 24: #4 Duke

• 300 replies
Re: Game 24: #4 Duke
« Reply #200 on: February 03, 2018, 06:06:29 PM »
Great, great win! So happy for the kids. Was at MSG and atmosphere was fantastic. Main thing I was thinking about afterward was how this might save the day with recruiting.

PS: is it just me, or is the "other" sju fan board not working?

« Reply #201 on: February 03, 2018, 06:06:53 PM »
I think Coach K needs to get a X and O guy to help him during the game . He even took his Coat off . His Assistant Coaches like Capel looked lost and could only look at their Game Pads . The Duke program  needs Mike Rice  to help with the Practices and in game  adjustments .. Gee , see how easy it is to turn the wheel against any Coach . Even the winningest Coach in NCAA history .   Think we can drop the Bone on Mullin for a while ? Like maybe the rest of the Season . Hope so ..

Coach K's overall record speaks for itself.  Nice try, though. 

Just celebrate today's win, instead of interjecting weak sauce.

100% disagree.  If nitwits on this website are going to constantly harp, exclaim on bad coaching, ignore good coaching/play earlier this season, and ignore some good coaching/play during close loses, then slyfoxx has every reasonable right to interject a wise-guy post in support of the staff.  It's not 'weak sauce'.  Why should he be told what to do, and roll-over when he has an example to argue his side?

Carry on slyfoxx, carry on.

Coach K is 402-168 (.705) in conference play. Mullin is 8-39 (.170).

Yeah; great comp.  Good value added statement.

It's not my comp the idiot poster who compared Coach K's situation to Mullin's is the one who brought it up. No one else in their right mind would ever even mention the two in the same sentence when it comes to coaching.

He used satire.  Try it sometime. You might like it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire

I'm aware dummy. Still was a stupid comparison, satirical or not. If I were to compare Mullin to other coaches I'd bring up guys like Clyde Drexler, and Eddie Jordan, not one of the all time greats.

We won!

I'm aware. I'm happy we won. I was at the game and it was a great game and great environment. I'm just pissed off that we obviously have the talent to beat the #4 team in the country, hang around with the #1 and #6 teams, and yet we roll over at home to Depaul and Georgetown because our coaching staff is clueless.

Yeah would be like your girl giving you anal, then complaining as soon as it was over that she never gave it to you before this.

His girl giving anal sounds like homosexuality.  I have no issues with homosexuals, but that didn't come out right.  LOL

Legitimate question here, would that really be gay? Friend at work brought this up the other day, his friend told him he lets his gf screw him in the ass haha. Opinions varied
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #202 on: February 03, 2018, 06:09:27 PM »
I think Coach K needs to get a X and O guy to help him during the game . He even took his Coat off . His Assistant Coaches like Capel looked lost and could only look at their Game Pads . The Duke program  needs Mike Rice  to help with the Practices and in game  adjustments .. Gee , see how easy it is to turn the wheel against any Coach . Even the winningest Coach in NCAA history .   Think we can drop the Bone on Mullin for a while ? Like maybe the rest of the Season . Hope so ..

100% disagree.  If nitwits on this website are going to constantly harp, exclaim on bad coaching, ignore good coaching/play earlier this season, and ignore some good coaching/play during close loses, then slyfoxx has every reasonable right to interject a wise-guy post in support of the staff.  It's not 'weak sauce'.  Why should he be told what to do, and roll-over when he has an example to argue his side?

It's not my comp the idiot poster who compared Coach K's situation to Mullin's is the one who brought it up. No one else in their right mind would ever even mention the two in the same sentence when it comes to coaching.

I'm aware dummy. Still was a stupid comparison, satirical or not. If I were to compare Mullin to other coaches I'd bring up guys like Clyde Drexler, and Eddie Jordan, not one of the all time greats.

We won!

I'm aware. I'm happy we won. I was at the game and it was a great game and great environment. I'm just pissed off that we obviously have the talent to beat the #4 team in the country, hang around with the #1 and #6 teams, and yet we roll over at home to Depaul and Georgetown because our coaching staff is clueless.

Yeah would be like your girl giving you anal, then complaining as soon as it was over that she never gave it to you before this.

His girl giving anal sounds like homosexuality.  I have no issues with homosexuals, but that didn't come out right.  LOL

Legitimate question here, would that really be gay? Friend at work brought this up the other day, his friend told him he lets his gf screw him in the ass haha. Opinions varied

That sounds about as straight as Phil Greene dribbling.

« Reply #203 on: February 03, 2018, 06:10:50 PM »
For the first time in the almost 20 years that i've been a season ticket holder, i sold my tickets for this game.

on the bright side i made back the money of one full season ticket... so there's that!

This must hurt

« Reply #204 on: February 03, 2018, 06:17:23 PM »

We won!

IMO, it is gay or certainly presents strong, homosexual tendacies.  Yeah, it's the former.

« Reply #205 on: February 03, 2018, 07:07:02 PM »
coach K 13-29 his first 3 years in conference at Duke and this was after 5 years of coaching at Army

« Reply #206 on: February 03, 2018, 07:15:24 PM »
I may have missed it , I'm still so happy, but what was the mix of Duke and Johnny fans?

« Reply #207 on: February 03, 2018, 07:16:10 PM »
coach K 13-29 his first 3 years in conference at Duke and this was after 5 years of coaching at Army

He still had a winning record overall his first season at Duke, and advanced to the 3rd round of the NIT.

« Reply #208 on: February 03, 2018, 07:17:08 PM »
I may have missed it , I'm still so happy, but what was the mix of Duke and Johnny fans?
Have read and heard 70-30 for Duke but I always take into consideration that our fans are usually not as loud as the opponents.

« Reply #209 on: February 03, 2018, 07:22:55 PM »
Duke can’t defend well, especially pick & roll. Team well prepared to attack that today

The best thing about freshmen is they declare for the draft?

« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2018, 07:29:17 PM »
Duke can’t defend well, especially pick & roll. Team well prepared to attack that today

The best thing about freshmen is they declare for the draft?
Good update to the out of date original quote.

« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2018, 07:30:48 PM »

He still had a winning record overall his first season at Duke, and advanced to the 3rd round of the NIT.

just pointing out it wasn't all roses in the beginning. In fact there were many fans calling for his head

paultzman

« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2018, 07:33:34 PM »
Gotta think a win like this, the Garden rocking the way it was, may sway a decision for a current player who was on the fence with the decision to return.  Recruits also. Great day for St. John's basketball
Hear that is very possible

« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2018, 07:35:41 PM »
So happy for these kids
+1000

Must be an unbelievable experience for Ponds’ parents to witness their son willing the team to a victory. Big time games from him, Owens and Ahmed.

Great time to step up with 9 or so recruits at game. Hopefully they appreciate fact that this could be them, in a few years.

Foad

« Reply #215 on: February 03, 2018, 07:36:36 PM »
His girl giving anal sounds like homosexuality.  I have no issues with homosexuals

Yeah, no one thought you did, until you said you didn't, so emphatically, punk.

Foad

« Reply #216 on: February 03, 2018, 07:38:04 PM »
ST John's beats the number 4 team in the country. Duke and yet there are angry "fans" on here. Weird huh?

Concur.

« Reply #217 on: February 03, 2018, 07:42:32 PM »

We won!

IMO, it is gay or certainly presents strong, homosexual tendacies.  Yeah, it's the former.

Not sure how stupid some of you people are, but gay means being attracted to/having relations with someone of the same sex, not that there's anything wrong with that.  Fetishes done with folks of the opposite sex are not gay by definition, not matter how much they resemble what you guys do when you're having your homosexual relations.  ;)

« Reply #218 on: February 03, 2018, 07:42:35 PM »
For the first time in the almost 20 years that i've been a season ticket holder, i sold my tickets for this game.

on the bright side i made back the money of one full season ticket... so there's that!

This must hurt

Nope. Because I scored free tickets this morning.  Great day!!!

« Reply #219 on: February 03, 2018, 07:45:46 PM »

This must hurt

Nope. Because I scored free tickets this morning.  Great day!!!

Sounds the like the definition of a win win.  LOL