Game 24: #4 Duke

• 300 replies
Re: Game 24: #4 Duke
« Reply #220 on: February 03, 2018, 07:46:47 PM »
Gotta think a win like this, the Garden rocking the way it was, may sway a decision for a current player who was on the fence with the decision to return.  Recruits also. Great day for St. John's basketball
Hear that is very possible

Have to finish strong

« Reply #221 on: February 03, 2018, 07:48:19 PM »
Not sure how stupid some of you people are, but gay means being attracted to/having relations with someone of the same sex, not that there's anything wrong with that.  Fetishes done with folks of the opposite sex are not gay by definition, not matter how much they resemble what you guys do when you're having your homosexual relations.  ;)

A fetish that probably manifests or translates into other behavior.  Whatever. 

Foad

« Reply #222 on: February 03, 2018, 07:48:40 PM »
Not sure how stupid some of you people are

Obviously you haven't been paying attention.

but gay means being attracted to/having relations with someone of the same sex, not that there's anything wrong with that. 

Unless Oscar wilde uses it, then it just means happy.

paultzman

« Reply #223 on: February 03, 2018, 07:53:33 PM »
To break Hatfields v McCoys differences, a word from man who likes everyone, well almost. ☺️

https://twitter.com/brandontierney/status/959945723742707712

« Reply #224 on: February 03, 2018, 07:55:29 PM »
Not sure how stupid some of you people are, but gay means being attracted to/having relations with someone of the same sex, not that there's anything wrong with that.  Fetishes done with folks of the opposite sex are not gay by definition, not matter how much they resemble what you guys do when you're having your homosexual relations.  ;)

So when your wife blows you all you can think about is blowing the buy next door?  Got it.  LOL.  Just playing with you Dink.

« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2018, 07:57:46 PM »
Not sure how stupid some of you people are

Obviously you haven't been paying attention.

I've made some assumptions but you can't be entirely sure sometimes.

« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2018, 07:57:59 PM »

So when your wife blows you all you can think about is blowing the buy next door?  Got it.  LOL.  Just playing with you Dink.

Ewww!  Haha!  It's cool!  I figured it was said in jest. 

TONYD3

« Reply #227 on: February 03, 2018, 08:25:43 PM »
We won

TONYD3

« Reply #228 on: February 03, 2018, 08:33:44 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke

« Reply #229 on: February 03, 2018, 08:41:10 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke
Apparently some of us according to some of us are not allowed to enjoy the victory because we criticized the coach but since we are are die hard fans of the Johnnies we will do so anyway. You know if we can beat the number 4 team in the country with our lack of depth I guess it should not be used as an excuse like so many do on this board. Works both ways. If we can beat #4 what the hell are we doing losing by 17 at home to DePaul? Makes you wonder huh?

ras

« Reply #230 on: February 03, 2018, 08:49:07 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke
Apparently some of us according to some of us are not allowed to enjoy the victory because we criticized the coach but since we are are die hard fans of the Johnnies we will do so anyway. You know if we can beat the number 4 team in the country with our lack of depth I guess it should not be used as an excuse like so many do on this board. Works both ways. If we can beat #4 what the hell are we doing losing by 17 at home to DePaul? Makes you wonder huh?
We actually played well. Xavier, twice and Nova ,could have won . You don’t play those teams close unless you have talent. We are not deep and have difficiencies, but also have had a lot of bad luck, As I said before we are a lot better than our record.

TONYD3

« Reply #231 on: February 03, 2018, 08:50:43 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke
Not talking shit. Happy

Foad

« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2018, 09:01:32 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke

I spent half the game hanging around by the men's room, thanks for stiffing me.

TONYD3

« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2018, 09:08:59 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke

Hopefully it happens again. Then drinks are really on me. Ur boy was good.

Foad

« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2018, 09:26:52 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke

Hopefully it happens again. Then drinks are really on me. Ur boy was good.

As miserable an unhappy bastard as I am I'm happy for them. I really am. Love Mullin, hate Mullin, who cares, they've play hard, they deserved to win a game. That it was this game and against dook all the more better. I have it DVR'ed, I'm going to watch it again tomorrow and maybe again the day after, which is probably Monday. If it is come on by but call first, I might not be here.

« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2018, 09:53:04 PM »
As I said, while it may not matter for us die hards, from an external and recruiting perspective, a W like may go much further than winning 5 or 6 games in conference.

Gotta think a win like this, the Garden rocking the way it was, may sway a decision for a current player who was on the fence with the decision to return.  Recruits also. Great day for St. John's basketball

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2018, 10:17:41 PM »
Coach Mullin is undefeated against Syracuse and Duke. He is the GOAT!!!
St John’s biggest issue is they have to stop playing down to their competition.
(Tongue firmly in cheek)

Great win, great buzz, and great to make corny jokes for first time since before Christmas.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2018, 10:20:51 PM »
I think Coach K needs to get a X and O guy to help him during the game . He even took his Coat off . His Assistant Coaches like Capel looked lost and could only look at their Game Pads . The Duke program  needs Mike Rice  to help with the Practices and in game  adjustments .. Gee , see how easy it is to turn the wheel against any Coach . Even the winningest Coach in NCAA history .   Think we can drop the Bone on Mullin for a while ? Like maybe the rest of the Season . Hope so ..

Coach K's overall record speaks for itself.  Nice try, though. 

Just celebrate today's win, instead of interjecting weak sauce.

100% disagree.  If nitwits on this website are going to constantly harp, exclaim on bad coaching, ignore good coaching/play earlier this season, and ignore some good coaching/play during close loses, then slyfoxx has every reasonable right to interject a wise-guy post in support of the staff.  It's not 'weak sauce'.  Why should he be told what to do, and roll-over when he has an example to argue his side?

Carry on slyfoxx, carry on.

Coach K is 402-168 (.705) in conference play. Mullin is 8-39 (.170).

Yeah; great comp.  Good value added statement.

It's not my comp the idiot poster who compared Coach K's situation to Mullin's is the one who brought it up. No one else in their right mind would ever even mention the two in the same sentence when it comes to coaching.

He used satire.  Try it sometime. You might like it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire

I'm aware dummy. Still was a stupid comparison, satirical or not. If I were to compare Mullin to other coaches I'd bring up guys like Clyde Drexler, and Eddie Jordan, not one of the all time greats.

We won!

I'm aware. I'm happy we won. I was at the game and it was a great game and great environment. I'm just pissed off that we obviously have the talent to beat the #4 team in the country, hang around with the #1 and #6 teams, and yet we roll over at home to Depaul and Georgetown because our coaching staff is clueless.

Yeah would be like your girl giving you anal, then complaining as soon as it was over that she never gave it to you before this.

His girl giving anal sounds like homosexuality.  I have no issues with homosexuals, but that didn't come out right.  LOL

Legitimate question here, would that really be gay? Friend at work brought this up the other day, his friend told him he lets his gf screw him in the ass haha. Opinions varied

No see I don't think that way. Giving you anal from a girl for me still means letting you go that route. Like a girl can say I #$%^-d a guy meaning she had sex. But the guy still does the actual penetration.
But if she is strapping it on and he is taking it then yes he might have some issues he might want to look at. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2018, 10:27:53 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke

No some of you were still complaining about past stuff. Probably could have waited until next game no? And Dinkins was doing that silly "hide behind computer thing" that is pretty silly. Met a bunch of you guys like 10 years ago and outside of KOB and maybe Marillac you guys shouldn't be threatening anyone. And that was 10 years ago.

« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2018, 10:32:09 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke

No some of you were still complaining about past stuff. Probably could have waited until next game no? And Dinkins was doing that silly "hide behind computer thing" that is pretty silly. Met a bunch of you guys like 10 years ago and outside of KOB and maybe Marillac you guys shouldn't be threatening anyone. And that was 10 years ago.
Who the hell threatened anyone. I'm all for enjoying the big win it was Hillary's side that brought up the prior criticism of the coach.