Game 24: #4 Duke

• 300 replies
Re: Game 24: #4 Duke
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2018, 10:34:52 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke
Apparently some of us according to some of us are not allowed to enjoy the victory because we criticized the coach but since we are are die hard fans of the Johnnies we will do so anyway. You know if we can beat the number 4 team in the country with our lack of depth I guess it should not be used as an excuse like so many do on this board. Works both ways. If we can beat #4 what the hell are we doing losing by 17 at home to DePaul? Makes you wonder huh?

No some of you were still complaining about past stuff. Probably could have waited until next game no? And Dinkins was doing that silly "hide behind computer thing" that is pretty silly. Met a bunch of you guys like 10 years ago and outside of KOB and maybe Marillac you guys shouldn't be threatening anyone. And that was 10 years ago.
Who the hell threatened anyone. I'm all for enjoying the big win it was Hillary's side that brought up the prior criticism of the coach.

Seemed like a bunch of people were upset at win. Re read thread. Also Dinkins has gone cuckoo for coco puffs.

TONYD3

« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2018, 10:35:14 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke
Apparently some of us according to some of us are not allowed to enjoy the victory because we criticized the coach but since we are are die hard fans of the Johnnies we will do so anyway. You know if we can beat the number 4 team in the country with our lack of depth I guess it should not be used as an excuse like so many do on this board. Works both ways. If we can beat #4 what the hell are we doing losing by 17 at home to DePaul? Makes you wonder huh?

No some of you were still complaining about past stuff. Probably could have waited until next game no? And Dinkins was doing that silly "hide behind computer thing" that is pretty silly. Met a bunch of you guys like 10 years ago and outside of KOB and maybe Marillac you guys shouldn't be threatening anyone. And that was 10 years ago.
Who the hell threatened anyone. I'm all for enjoying the big win it was Hillary's side that brought up the prior criticism of the coach.
Guy is still mad he was last pick for kick ball. He just wants to fit in.

« Reply #242 on: February 03, 2018, 10:39:17 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke

LOL
D-1 Scholie Bud went to school for free!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:42:17 PM by we are sju »

TONYD3

« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2018, 10:45:31 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke

LOL
Then you should be more of an alpha male. Leaving the big east for the Maac and dick vitale were great ideas. . But

« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2018, 10:49:20 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke

LOL
Then you should be more of an alpha male. Leaving the big east for the Maac and dick vitale were great ideas. . But

Think about this. What does a college education cost? Again I have no idea since mine was free. Bet your parents wish I was there son. Think about all the stuff they could have spent your education $ on instead. Man that just sucks thinking about it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:51:23 PM by we are sju »

TONYD3

« Reply #245 on: February 03, 2018, 10:58:22 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke

LOL

Think about this. What does a college education cost? Again I have no idea since mine was free. Bet your parents wish I was there son. Think about all the stuff they could have spent your education $ on instead. Man that just sucks thinking about it.
Get some confidence! Maybe next week you will have an idea or an opinion. 6000 plus posts and stil trying to be cool. You are almost 50

« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2018, 11:04:06 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke

Man, STFU.  No one was complaining about anything.   Someone interjected what I considered some foolishness and seemed to be attempting to pick a fight.  It's now squashed, but your simple ass come on here speaking about something you have no knowledge.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 11:04:38 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2018, 11:08:14 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke

LOL

Get some confidence! Maybe next week you will have an idea or an opinion. 6000 plus posts and stil trying to be cool. You are almost 50

I am cool.
Is 45 almost 50? Or almost 40? I am a half full kind of guy so I am going with almost 40

« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2018, 11:15:09 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke

Man, STFU.  No one was complaining about anything.   Someone interjected what I considered some foolishness and seemed to be attempting to pick a fight.  It's now squashed, but your simple ass come on here speaking about something you have no knowledge.

Yeah you seem real happy. But I am picking a fight?

« Reply #249 on: February 03, 2018, 11:19:06 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke

Yep!  I sure am happy. 

« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2018, 11:25:35 PM »
In the immortal words of Rodney King "can't we all just get along". One thing we can all say about each other is we are all mega St. John's fans and on a day where we had a great win over Duke we should all just enjoy it. We can go after each other's throats tomorrow or better yet Monday as tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday. Was going to root for Eagles and still might but after watching ESPN's 30 For 30 The Two Bills I have new found respect and admiration for Belichek just don't know if I can come that far that fast lol.

« Reply #251 on: February 03, 2018, 11:25:54 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke

Yep!  I sure am happy. 

Just admit you wanted us to lose. it will make you feel better. Sort of like when Col Jessup admitted he ordered the Code Red. And you wont even be court martialed for your admission.

« Reply #252 on: February 03, 2018, 11:29:47 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke

Yep!  I sure am happy. 

Just admit you wanted us to lose. it will make you feel better. Sort of like when Col Jessup admitted he ordered the Code Red. And you wont even be court martialed for your admission.

« Reply #253 on: February 03, 2018, 11:33:01 PM »
Hey foady- beat duke

Back to this. Was thinking about it and reason why your posts aggravate me so much. I played sports at a pretty high level. Quitting is probably the worst thing you can do or be accused of. It is just ingrained in you early. You constantly posting that the best player in the school's history, someone that has accomplished what Mullin has done at his highest level should quit. Well as someone who grew up watching Mullin and someone who actually played sports that offends me. If you kept saying he sucked or he should be fired it would be annoying but I would have never said anything.

« Reply #254 on: February 03, 2018, 11:37:11 PM »
In the immortal words of Rodney King "can't we all just get along". One thing we can all say about each other is we are all mega St. John's fans and on a day where we had a great win over Duke we should all just enjoy it. We can go after each other's throats tomorrow or better yet Monday as tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday. Was going to root for Eagles and still might but after watching ESPN's 30 For 30 The Two Bills I have new found respect and admiration for Belichek just don't know if I can come that far that fast lol.

I saw the "30 for 30/The Two Bills."  Most of those '30 for 30' episodes are rather interesting.

I can't pull for no one tomorrow, as I'm not a fan of either team.  I wish it could end up in a tie.  Oh, well....

« Reply #255 on: February 03, 2018, 11:42:03 PM »

Honestly outside of Fordham I don't think I have had an argument with one poster since Norm was fired until now. Bringing back memories of old BEB for me. If we are not going to be successful at least it is entertaining. But pretty funny that people are arguing after our biggest win in what 8 years? When we last beat Duke.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 11:43:04 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #256 on: February 03, 2018, 11:44:41 PM »

I saw the "30 for 30/The Two Bills."  Most of those '30 for 30' episodes are rather interesting.

I can't pull for no one tomorrow, as I'm not a fan of either team.  I wish it could end up in a tie.  Oh, well....

For me reminds me of when Yankees played Phillies and Yankees played Braves in World Series. Wasn't sure what to do. At least here I can root for my boxes.

« Reply #257 on: February 03, 2018, 11:59:53 PM »
I rarely if ever complain about referee's calls because I realize how difficult a job it is and that there are going to be tons of bad calls so I rather just live with them but many posters constantly bring up bad calls against us. I find it surprising that nobody brought up the foul call on TO for boxing out Bagley fairly late in the game. The replay from a different angle showed it was a really bad call as Tarik didn't back into him at all. Maybe ref wasn't used to seeing a Johnnie box out.

« Reply #258 on: February 04, 2018, 12:06:23 AM »
I rarely if ever complain about referee's calls because I realize how difficult a job it is and that there are going to be tons of bad calls so I rather just live with them but many posters constantly bring up bad calls against us. I find it surprising that nobody brought up the foul call on TO for boxing out Bagley fairly late in the game. The replay from a different angle showed it was a really bad call as Tarik didn't back into him at all. Maybe ref wasn't used to seeing a Johnnie box out.

I, initially thought Owens' box out on Bagley was a bad call, but then I saw it again and felt he may locked his arms around Bagley.  It was close, though.  It was almost the perfect box out.  I'm glad it was actually called a foul before Bagley got a chance to get off a shot.  I had a feeling he might miss one going to the line.

The most egregious call was Bagley clearly snatching the ball off the rim like he was playing international ball.