Game 24: #4 Duke

• 300 replies
Re: Game 24: #4 Duke
« Reply #260 on: February 04, 2018, 08:51:46 AM »
A play that hasn't been mentioned is the pass Trimble threw to Owens cutting into the lane for the short jumper. Didn't know BT had that in his arsenal
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:36:34 AM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #261 on: February 04, 2018, 11:31:15 AM »
A play that hasn't been mentioned is the pass Trimble threw to Owens cutting into the land for the short jumper. Didn't know BT had that in his arsenal

Very good pass, solid offseason from him could be huge for us.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #262 on: February 04, 2018, 03:38:58 PM »
78-73 St. John's.

Ponds goes for 40.

Usually Marillac bumps these himself.

« Reply #263 on: February 04, 2018, 04:01:26 PM »
Think he needs to get on the Myles Powell program - kid lost 40 plus pounds before he showed up in South Orange and totally transformed himself as a player.

A play that hasn't been mentioned is the pass Trimble threw to Owens cutting into the land for the short jumper. Didn't know BT had that in his arsenal

« Reply #264 on: February 04, 2018, 04:11:57 PM »

That was an obvious set play.  St. Jean was orchestrating the play in real time. It was nice

« Reply #265 on: February 04, 2018, 04:20:22 PM »
Think he needs to get on the Myles Powell program - kid lost 40 plus pounds before he showed up in South Orange and totally transformed himself as a player.

Exactly what he should try to emulate.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #266 on: February 04, 2018, 04:47:21 PM »
I thought Shamorie played his best game of his career yesterday. He was under control and let the game come to him.  Didn't really see any of his typical bad threes or hero ball mentality. Kudos to staff for getting him to play within himself. Hopefully that massive w will be aconfidence booster for both players and staff.

« Reply #267 on: February 04, 2018, 04:52:34 PM »
Just a note and a positive thumbs up to RedmanNYC, Foad, WASJ and likely many i forgot . Clearly there were many , who totally could not comprehend my post about X ‘s and 0’s and Coach K . If you didn’t understand it and thought it a cheap shot at Coach K , you are wrong ! Mike  is the winningest Coach in College B.B. history . Class guy and what you would expect from a West Pointer .  Many Journalists use Satire to emphasize a  crucial point . Often in a absurd tense , like I did .. I purposefully used much of the Anti Mullin faction posts and words they have used much too frequently .    They knmw who they are .. Willard , SHall Coach today , had no up the sleeve strategy to stop Nova from their end of game run that turned  into a  Rout.  Is he a bad  Coach because neither he or his players had any Answers ? Of course not . Why shouldn’t Mullin be afforded the same  standard ?

« Reply #268 on: February 04, 2018, 05:08:31 PM »
Just a note and a positive thumbs up to RedmanNYC, Foad, WASJ and likely many i forgot . Clearly there were many , who totally could not comprehend my post about X ‘s and 0’s and Coach K . If you didn’t understand it and thought it a cheap shot at Coach K , you are wrong ! Mike  is the winningest Coach in College B.B. history . Class guy and what you would expect from a West Pointer .  Many Journalists use Satire to emphasize a  crucial point . Often in a absurd tense , like I did .. I purposefully used much of the Anti Mullin faction posts and words they have used much too frequently .    They knmw who they are .. Willard , SHall Coach today , had no up the sleeve strategy to stop Nova from their end of game run that turned  into a  Rout.  Is he a bad  Coach because neither he or his players had any Answers ? Of course not . Why shouldn’t Mullin be afforded the same  standard ?

I'm no big Willard fan (go the Seton Hall forum, and he's not well-respected by several Pirate fans), but he has gone to two consecutive NCAA Tournaments and won a Big East Tournament.  He was probably on his way out the door until he gave two (assistant) jobs to land his current best players.

Willard also lost today to a better team and, IMO, a better coach.

Back to your point about Mullin not being afforded the same standard....  Look at his record over  three seasons.  You act like it's wrong for some posters to be dissatisfied with what has taken place this season and witnessing the team going backwards.

Every person has an opinion on the matter, and the perturbed fans also have a point.  Especially, this being the 3rd season of a staff who didn't have to concern themselves with any banishments.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 05:12:04 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #269 on: February 04, 2018, 07:34:08 PM »
Willard vs Wright is not the issue . I just think Mullin has taken some unfair abuse . A lot of it from  amateurs  posting as if they know B.B. inside and out . And , I will  pay you a rare and unlikely compliment , you do know the game . When you restrain yourself to true analysis , you have quality posts .  I also believe Mullin gets a full Amnesty on the Year 1 Record . Lavin left the til nil and when Chris was hired in April , there wasn’t much he could do in bringing in talent .  So, while it is officially on Mullin’s resume , it needs a Asterick . The post I made was Tongue in cheek . If some were offended , so be it . That’s their opinion . But, I am equally offended by the constant  and often  less than fair criticism of Mullin . Who is the best Player that St John’s has ever had . That , in itself , buys Chris a lot of wiggle room in my book .

« Reply #270 on: February 04, 2018, 08:15:52 PM »
Willard vs Wright is not the issue . I just think Mullin has taken some unfair abuse . A lot of it from  amateurs  posting as if they know B.B. inside and out . And , I will  pay you a rare and unlikely compliment , you do know the game . When you restrain yourself to true analysis , you have quality posts .  I also believe Mullin gets a full Amnesty on the Year 1 Record . Lavin left the til nil and when Chris was hired in April , there wasn’t much he could do in bringing in talent .  So, while it is officially on Mullin’s resume , it needs a Asterick . The post I made was Tongue in cheek . If some were offended , so be it . That’s their opinion . But, I am equally offended by the constant  and often  less than fair criticism of Mullin . Who is the best Player that St John’s has ever had . That , in itself , buys Chris a lot of wiggle room in my book .

So, why mention Willard at all? 

Mullin is also an amateur coach.  Technically, any coach on the collegiate level is considered an "amateur" coach. 

Lavin would've never left the program at the botto, if he was retained as coach.  I also can appreciate Mullin as a player for St. John's and still have it not jade my opinion of him as a coach.  They aren't mutually exclusive.

Appreciate the compliment, though!  Thanks!   👍
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 08:16:18 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #271 on: February 05, 2018, 01:54:40 AM »
That was on the rim wtf

Not sure how 3 refs missed that call

2 refs missed it.  Trail or center make that call.  Lead isn't looking up at rim.

« Reply #272 on: February 05, 2018, 10:47:45 PM »
during SH-Nova game they showed a b4 and after of Powell after transforming his body. The b4 was very similar to Trimble. Hopefully, he does likewise.

TONYD3

« Reply #273 on: February 06, 2018, 08:45:36 AM »
Won post game beer from my friend. I bet him a beer that Ahmed would foul a 3 point shooter.

« Reply #274 on: February 06, 2018, 09:34:21 AM »
Won post game beer from my friend. I bet him a beer that Ahmed would foul a 3 point shooter.

He also played the best game of his ST John's career

« Reply #275 on: February 06, 2018, 09:45:09 AM »

I could care less about what Chris Mullin did in 1985.  It seems like you are still in love with the 80's,  You keep saying amateur posters what makes you an expert here.  Please list your credentials?

Fans want to see wins and improvement that is it.  Year 3 they are still 0-11 in the Big East.  With or without Lovett that is not acceptable.  It is fair for fans to want to see improvement.  There are serious questions about the X&O's and coaching staff.  This year should have been NIT with a possibility of NCAA. 

« Reply #276 on: February 06, 2018, 09:47:09 AM »

Mullin is also an amateur coach.  Technically, any coach on the collegiate level is considered an "amateur" coach. 

Lavin would've never left the program at the botto, if he was retained as coach.  I also can appreciate Mullin as a player for St. John's and still have it not jade my opinion of him as a coach.  They aren't mutually exclusive.

Lavin was unable to recruit in his last year because he had 1 year left on his contract.  What kid would commit to a coach who has 1 year on his contract.  "Bobby" should have fired him the year prior if he was going to move on.  If Lavin was coaching we would not have had a 1-17 season in 15-16. 

Foad

« Reply #277 on: February 06, 2018, 09:58:31 AM »
Lavin was unable to recruit in his last year because he had 1 year left on his contract.

Why was he unable to recruit the three years before that.

« Reply #278 on: February 06, 2018, 10:01:36 AM »

Lavin was unable to recruit in his last year because he had 1 year left on his contract.  What kid would commit to a coach who has 1 year on his contract.  "Bobby" should have fired him the year prior if he was going to move on.  If Lavin was coaching we would not have had a 1-17 season in 15-16. 

Maybe, maybe not. But who cares...

« Reply #279 on: February 07, 2018, 02:26:11 AM »
2020 Elijah Wood.... 

Matt Cohen‏
@Matt_Cohen_
Got to speak to 2020 @247recruiting #81 overall player @The301Elijah briefly about his @StJohnsBBall visit over the weekend, where he saw the upset win over Duke. Told me that St. John’s is definitely in his top five right now, and that he really enjoyed the visit.