Marcellus Earlington, PF, Don Bosco HS, NJ - ST. JOHN’S

• 315 replies

paultzman

Re: Marcellus Earlington, PF, Don Bosco HS, NJ
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2018, 02:08:52 PM »
They know Earlington is not immediate solution to front court deficits and are pursuing more realistic solutions. Whether they deliver remains to be seen.

« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2018, 02:21:43 PM »
at only 6'5", our luck is that this kid will slim down to 230 and hope to play one of the guard spots..

« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2018, 06:34:53 PM »
bring in glover and brownlee to tutor him on how to play big as a 6'5"

paultzman

« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2018, 06:49:32 PM »
Marcellus Earlington

@realdealcellus
Extremely blessed to receive an offer from St. John’s #Goredstorm
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 06:49:59 PM by paultzman »

Moose

« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2018, 09:58:33 PM »
Everyone clammoring for an impact big am I the only one who thinks a guard is more important
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2018, 10:05:15 PM »
Everyone clammoring for an impact big am I the only one who thinks a guard is more important

I would always be in the market for a talented guard but Dixon steps in. Ponds, Dixon, Simon and Trimble. I can be content with that. Now if Ponds leaves...you need a guard.

Moose

« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2018, 10:16:12 PM »

I would always be in the market for a talented guard but Dixon steps in. Ponds, Dixon, Simon and Trimble. I can be content with that. Now if Ponds leaves...you need a guard.

Your last sentence
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2018, 10:57:10 PM »
Add Williams to the guard list

TONYD3

« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2018, 12:16:44 AM »
Need a Pg who can shoot and play defense.

« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2018, 02:42:57 AM »
An entire thread about a 6'5 PF and no one mentions Bonzie Couslon?!

wpc77

« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2018, 09:34:13 AM »
An entire thread about a 6'5 PF and no one mentions Bonzie Couslon?!

Good call.  Dude has a 7 foot wingspan though, and had offers from UConn (back when that was a good offer to have), Miami, Pitt (back when that was a good offer to have), FSU, and of course good ol' Matty A and the Mayor at ISU.

« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2018, 09:38:58 AM »

Alan Griffin...

MCNPA

« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2018, 09:48:06 AM »
We need scorers.  A guard and a wing that can score should be priority.  Ahmed is a big loss.  At bigs, we are actually ok, with Owens, Keith and Roberts up front.  Another of is fine with me, so I’m not upset with Earlington, except I’m not sure what he really is gonna play and he doesn’t have great height, athletic ability etc.  not sure he checks that box in terms of what we need.  J’araan did.  Bottom line we aren’t bringing in the talent level we should be.  SJU needs an associate HC like everybody else does, that can help coach and recruit like hell.  We are the only program that sends only one capable recruiting assistant out there. Matt has done as good of a job as possible but we are trying to beat Ivan Drago’s and Clubber Lang’s with one hand behind our back.   
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 09:49:10 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2018, 09:50:42 AM »
We need scorers.  A guard and a wing that can score should be priority.  Ahmed is a big loss.  At bigs, we are actually ok, with Owens, Keith and Roberts up front.  Another of is fine with me, so I’m not upset with Earlington, except I’m not sure what he really is gonna play and he doesn’t have great height, athletic ability etc.  not sure he checks that box in terms of what we need.  J’araan did.  Bottom line we aren’t bringing in the talent level we should be.  SJU needs an associate HC like everybody else does, that can help coach and recruit like hell.  We are the only program that sends only one capable recruiting assistant out there. Matt has done as good of a job as possible but we are trying to beat Ivan Drago’s and Clubber Lang’s with one hand behind our back.   

So what your saying is we need Chubbs to come caddie for Mullin?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2018, 10:47:56 AM »
Ha!  A good one, 'mase.  It's also funny being Carl Weathers played in both movies (Happy Gilmore and Rocky).

I do understand where MCN is coming from.  Frankly, I'm not too excited about the team's outlook going forward.  Hopefully, I'm proven wrong over the next few months and next season.   
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:50:20 AM by mjdinkins »

SJU79

« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2018, 11:21:40 AM »
My understanding of the current situation
1) Earlington is coming...done.
2) They 100% KNOW and are confident they will add a big via Juco or more likely grad transfer to provide immediate help
3)Ponds will test NBA waters but after speaking with staff they have put feelers out and not only is he not a 1st rd(guaranteed money) but he's likely not drafted at this point. They were told my many scouts their team would rather draft/stash European kid... they are close with his dad and are confident he returms
4) Owens is wild card...
5) Yawke gone
6) ZERO chance staff remains in tact

goredmen

« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2018, 11:29:55 AM »
2) They 100% KNOW and are confident they will add a big via Juco or more likely grad transfer to provide immediate help
3)Ponds will test NBA waters but after speaking with staff they have put feelers out and not only is he not a 1st rd(guaranteed money) but he's likely not drafted at this point. They were told my many scouts their team would rather draft/stash European kid... they are close with his dad and are confident he returms
4) Owens is wild card...
5) Yawke gone

Great news on 1, 2, 3 and 6. Just need to convince Owens he'll have a role here next year that he probably won't have at any other power conference school.

« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2018, 11:55:19 AM »
Ha!  A good one, 'mase.  It's also funny being Carl Weathers played in both movies (Happy Gilmore and Rocky).

I do understand where MCN is coming from.  Frankly, I'm not too excited about the team's outlook going forward.  Hopefully, I'm proven wrong over the next few months and next season.   

Thanks and that’s the only reason it was supposed to be funny.

And  I’m all for a shake up to Mullins staff.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2018, 12:00:16 PM »
4) Owens is wild card...
5) Yawke gone

Great crystal ball 79

« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2018, 12:13:44 PM »
4) Owens is wild card...
5) Yawke gone

Thanks SJU79