Marcellus Earlington, PF, Don Bosco HS, NJ - ST. JOHN’S

• 315 replies

Marillac

Re: Marcellus Earlington, PF, Don Bosco HS, NJ - ST. JOHN’S
« Reply #240 on: March 06, 2018, 03:47:12 PM »
Usually works out to about 4 times a year as stated above.

Played really well last night.

Jmattera, seeing him in person do you think he’s got a good wingspan?

His wingspan will mean a lot. I haven't been able to find out.

paultzman

« Reply #241 on: March 10, 2018, 03:18:22 PM »
@JohnniesPride
Congratulations to @realdealcellus on winning the Non Public State Championship with 24 points to lead all scorers. @DonBoscoIronmen now heads to the Tournament of Champions. #SJUBB @mabde33

« Reply #243 on: March 11, 2018, 03:17:26 PM »
I give you Marcellus Earlington. The next Admiral Schofield. Wouldn't that be nice.

paultzman

« Reply #244 on: March 11, 2018, 03:20:45 PM »
I give you Marcellus Earlington. The next Admiral Schofield. Wouldn't that be nice.
Who SJU recruited a bit btw.

« Reply #245 on: March 11, 2018, 04:01:57 PM »
Schofield 6’5. Earlington might be lucky to see 6’4

paultzman

« Reply #246 on: March 15, 2018, 07:19:28 PM »
In TOC semi win today per Mike Kinney

Ronald Harper 17 points, 9 reb, Marcellus Earlington 14 points, 16 reb, 2 assists, Matt Herasme 10 pts, 6 reb for Don Bosco Prep

If Roselle wins today, Earlington will get to go against Naz Reid in Finals
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 07:21:37 PM by paultzman »

Marillac

« Reply #247 on: March 15, 2018, 08:39:13 PM »
Schofield 6’5. Earlington might be lucky to see 6’4

I hear differently. Bosco was actually closer to my house as a kid than my own high school was. There are four kids on the basketball team this season from my home town and several of my close friends played there and stay connected. 

Marillac

« Reply #248 on: March 15, 2018, 08:40:32 PM »
BTW Ron Harper has two sons on that team. They are half brothers and Ron brought the other son to live with him last summer from California.

paultzman

« Reply #249 on: March 15, 2018, 08:48:23 PM »
BTW Ron Harper has two sons on that team. They are half brothers and Ron brought the other son to live with him last summer from California.
Ron Jr going to Rutgers

Marillac

« Reply #250 on: March 15, 2018, 10:08:40 PM »
Ron Jr going to Rutgers
Good looking player. Always under control and at 6'6 215 he calls Earlington "the big man." 😁
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:09:41 PM by Marillac »

MCNPA

« Reply #253 on: March 18, 2018, 11:16:51 PM »
Earlington a total non-factor... this is what we are recruiting?  I’m all for heart like the movie Rudy, but a 6’3 PF who is a non factor vs Naz Reid is a bit disconcerting as we need a lot more.  Getting more and more annoyed with what we are having to deal with here.. We need real talent and we aren’t landing it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 11:17:29 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #255 on: March 18, 2018, 11:32:51 PM »
Earlington a total non-factor... this is what we are recruiting?  I’m all for heart like the movie Rudy, but a 6’3 PF who is a non factor vs Naz Reid is a bit disconcerting as we need a lot more.  Getting more and more annoyed with what we are having to deal with here.. We need real talent and we aren’t landing it.

I've said it before....  I'm not too excited, with this staff, going forward. 

Not working hard or diligently.

Poison

« Reply #256 on: March 19, 2018, 12:01:09 AM »

He is definitely not 6’3. I don’t think it’s fair to single out a kid like this because of the staff’s failures. This is the kind of 4 year player that St.John’s should take a chance on.
A tough local kid who isn’t scared of the opponent like our guys are now.

With that, the staff needs a seasoned recruiter and they need a seasoned assistant coach who can either convince them to stop avoiding physical contact or scare them into not avoiding it.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 09:47:17 AM by Poison »

Marillac

« Reply #257 on: March 19, 2018, 12:06:29 AM »

Why are you shrinking him two inches? He just went up against 6'10 Naz Reid and a 6'8 PF and held his own. He's being recruited to defend the four and occasionally the five, and not to bang for 40 minutes with lottery pick centers.

Maybe this kid doesn't work out, but I'll take a 6'5 245 lb kid that rebounds and does the dirty work over top 100 kids like Coker, Mo Diakate, etc.

MCNPA

« Reply #258 on: March 19, 2018, 12:16:04 AM »

Why are you shrinking him two inches? He just went up against 6'10 Naz Reid and a 6'8 PF and held his own. He's being recruited to defend the four and occasionally the five, and not to bang for 40 minutes with lottery pick centers.

Maybe this kid doesn't work out, but I'll take a 6'5 245 lb kid that rebounds and does the dirty work over top 100 kids like Coker, Mo Diakate, etc.

“Held his own”??  He had 5 points against Naz Reid who had 22 and thats with foul trouble.   Ron Harper’s son had 33 and and is taller and committed to Rutgers.  I’m not getting this...  last place and we should be thrilled with a PF as tall as Dante DiVincenzo that’s not able to make an impact in HS? Norm tried to parlay that “hard work” angle even though he couldn’t coach.  If he ends up being a beast I’ll eat my words, but my feeling is our recruiting is a sinking ship.

« Reply #259 on: March 19, 2018, 12:20:08 AM »
Seriously, Earlington is the least of our worries. Looking forward to watching him out work everyone.