Boeheim

• 3 replies

Poison

Boeheim
« on: March 09, 2023, 03:27:58 AM »
After Marquette destroys us tomorrow, wouldn't it be something if we fired Coach Anderson and replaced him with a guy who has had his fair share of success in NYC over the years?

Also Coach Carnesecca and Coach Boeheim have a lot of respect for each other.

Re: Boeheim
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 09:52:43 AM »
After Marquette destroys us tomorrow, wouldn't it be something if we fired Coach Anderson and replaced him with a guy who has had his fair share of success in NYC over the years?

Also Coach Carnesecca and Coach Boeheim have a lot of respect for each other.

Actually yes, would love to see that. Pay him whatever he wants.

But on the topic of Boeheim, you all remember this? Phil the Orange Crusher- one of the best games.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-basketball/greene-takes-over-late-leads-st-johns-past-syracuse

Poison

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 03:18:26 PM »
Actually yes, would love to see that. Pay him whatever he wants.

But on the topic of Boeheim, you all remember this? Phil the Orange Crusher- one of the best games.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-basketball/greene-takes-over-late-leads-st-johns-past-syracuse

That was a big moment for that senior class, and for Phil Greene it was his Superbowl.

desco80

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 01:26:54 PM »
Let it be stipulated that this is purely hypothetical, no chance of it actually happening, but

There might not be another figure in college basketball as pompous and smarmy as Boeheim.

I would rather rehire Lavin than see Boeheim coaching St John's.   And rather gouge my eyes with toothpicks than watch a Boeheim press conference when he lectures the rest of us deviants about how to run a clean program.   B please

Pitino I can handle, if I wash it down with a drink.   There aren't enough narcotics in a pharmacy to sedate me enough to swallow Boeheim's bullshit.

It's great that he was less than a jerk to Louie.  But that's a pretty low bar.  He showed some minimal respect to peer in his own conference/backyard?  That's the expectation for most humans, you don't get a commendation for it.