Re: Durand Scott and Burger Joints

• 39 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Durand Scott and Burger Joints
« on: September 22, 2008, 10:51:33 AM »
Yeah, he ain't coming here, looks like.  I hope he's not in the Big East.  Go to UCLA!  Westwood's really nice.  You'll love the In N' Out Burger, Durand.  And the Fatburger.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 11:57:57 PM by JJ »

pmg911

Re: Durand Scott - SG - Rice HS - New York, NY
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 10:55:12 AM »
Yeah, he ain't coming here, looks like.  I hope he's not in the Big East.  Go to UCLA!  Westwood's really nice.  You'll love the In N' Out Burger, Durand.  And the Fatburger.

My buddy own the Fat Burger in Jersey City and Atlantic City. .  both places do great business..

I was unimpressed with IN & OUT Burger on my last trip to California...

Keep hearing his recruitment is coming down to a battle between UConn & PITT...

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 10:56:55 AM »
I know some people at Pitt and they said they are laying the full court press on Scott.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 11:02:33 AM »

I don't think he's going too far from home, most likely Uconn or Pitt.  You're right about the IN N Out Burger!  Good stuff!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 01:04:52 PM »

My buddy own the Fat Burger in Jersey City and Atlantic City. .  both places do great business..

I was unimpressed with IN & OUT Burger on my last trip to California...

Keep hearing his recruitment is coming down to a battle between UConn & PITT...

My friends were unimpressed with the In N Out Burger when we went this summer... but there are so many burgers to try.  Tommy's Burgers are also good (but a real gutbuster, as I remember it from '98).

Pitt could probably use Scott more than U Conn could.  And I can see how a guy wouldn't want to go far from home.  But if it were me (and completely understanding that my life and pressures are FAR different than a D-1 player), i would go for the tradition and constant success of UCLA.  3 Final Fours in a row!  the beach!

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 01:45:37 PM »
i'm not the biggest fan of burger places...but if you are, the fatburger in the palisades mall in rockland county is excellent.

i also enjoyed the in and out burger place when i was in las vegas a couple of months ago.  carl's jr is also worth a visit if you're in california.

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 02:04:26 PM »
i'm not the biggest fan of burger places...but if you are, the fatburger in the palisades mall in rockland county is excellent.

i also enjoyed the in and out burger place when i was in las vegas a couple of months ago.  carl's jr is also worth a visit if you're in california.

Is that one still open..     I thought the Fat Burger in Pallisades closed...

kjd01067

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 02:07:03 PM »
Not to be a downer here but lets keep the convo about Mr. Scott... This would make a great off topic thread though

kob24

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 02:18:40 PM »
I'm. A fan of in and out burger I tried it this summer when we played in vegas. But I like johnny rockets in pallisades mall

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 02:57:58 PM »
Carls Jr takes the cake...rarely does the actual burger look like the photo that is advertised.

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 05:32:27 PM »
Steak N Shake takes the cake for me.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

LJSA

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 08:48:33 PM »
Longtime listener, first-time caller. Although Newsman13 once called me a "cushion sniffer" on BEB, I'm going to have to agree with him on Carl's Jr. I think the burgers are great.

I've lived on the West Coast for nine years now, and I still don't get the appeal of In-n-Out. I think the key, however, is to go off menu. The no-longer-secret code words can be found online without much difficulty.

And just so my first effort doesn't get pulled, I think Scott ends up at UConn.

kob24

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 10:30:37 PM »
where is carls. Jr

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 10:55:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure I had Carl's Jr in Vegas, and in Southern Cal.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 12:01:20 AM by JJ »

Re: Re: Durand Scott and Burger Joints
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 12:00:16 AM »
yea we got way off topic in the Durand Scott thread but it was solid conversation so we won't toss it out but also won't take away from talking Durand Scott so lets hear some more burger talk.

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 12:07:22 AM »
How come no love for Steak N Shake?
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 12:17:45 AM »
A big place we always used to go in Queens was Cherry Valley that was the late night sensation.

A great place from my neighborhood is Main Street Cheesesteaks in Belmar, NJ they are awesome.

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 04:09:42 AM »
Longtime listener, first-time caller. Although Newsman13 once called me a "cushion sniffer" on BEB, I'm going to have to agree with him on Carl's Jr. I think the burgers are great.

I've lived on the West Coast for nine years now, and I still don't get the appeal of In-n-Out. I think the key, however, is to go off menu. The no-longer-secret code words can be found online without much difficulty.

And just so my first effort doesn't get pulled, I think Scott ends up at UConn.
i'm glad you didn't take it personally.

to answer kob24, i ate at carl's jr in san francisco.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 07:06:07 AM »
Steak and Shake I go out of my way for, but the burgers aren't as good as the Cali joints.  That said, there needs to be Steak and Shake in NYC... but then people would just get hella fat.

Chicago has a heavy metal themed burger joint named Kuma's.  Not cheap, but excellent.

kob24

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 07:22:41 AM »
Pmg is that fat burger closed in the mall?