• 157 replies

Randomhero423

Re: Davontay Grace - PG - Thomas Jefferson HS - Brooklyn, NY - ST. JOHN's
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 03:20:02 PM »
reminds me of levance fields.

pmg911

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 03:24:55 PM »
This kid is the prime example of what is wrong with youth hoops today...     he is at least 2, maybe 3, years behind his grade and was held back, on purpose, in grammar school to get an adnvantage in basketball..

He is entering his Sophmore year of high school and at the very least he should be entering his senior year of school...

LJSA

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 05:15:21 PM »
Going to school is better than having to work, but it still for the most part sucks. Not sure why anyone would want to spend more than one day longer than they have to there.

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 12:17:35 AM »
This kid is the prime example of what is wrong with youth hoops today...     he is at least 2, maybe 3, years behind his grade and was held back, on purpose, in grammar school to get an adnvantage in basketball..

He is entering his Sophmore year of high school and at the very least he should be entering his senior year of school...

This is a disgrace.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 01:16:48 PM »
St. John’s has offered scholarships to a pair of Thomas Jefferson standouts, 6-foot-6 junior forward Joel “Air Jamaica” Wright and 6-1 sophomore guard Davontay Grace.

“They offered Joel and Davontay,” Jefferson coach Lawrence Pollard said Wednesday. “I think Davontay is going to go there. He likes it. I think he wants to play for Norm [Roberts]. He likes it there.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/01/21/wright-grace-pick-up-st-johns-offers-providence-after-fuquan-edwin/#more-10643

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 02:50:16 PM »
I was just about to post that , he likes Norm , he wants to play here this is a first in the history of NCAA Basketball.

I am not sure if Norm will be here two years from now
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 02:52:20 PM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

gonzalo

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 03:46:07 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/01/31/lance-visiting-maryland-grace-adds-offers/

In other NYC recruiting news, Thomas Jefferson sophomore point guard Davontay Grace has picked up offers from Marquette and Villanova, according to his AAU coach. Grace also holds offers from St. John’s, Hofstra, Rutgers, Kansas State and South Carolina.

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 01:26:43 PM »
• Davonte Grace, out of Jefferson (N.Y.), is a physical point guard who gets to the rim, runs the team and can hit the open 3 with time. Although Grace is only a sophomore, this Lavance Fields clone could be a big=time lead guard if he continues to improve.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=3912704

gonzalo

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 01:47:27 AM »
http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2009/07/09/reebok-all-americam-camp-update-ii/

Thomas Jefferson (NYC) High School point guard Davontay Grace, a member of the class of 2011, is a popular name among Big East circles. Grace told NBE that Providence, Villanova, West Virginia, St. John’s, Marquette and Virginia Tech are currently recruiting him.

Grace visited Villanova during the season, Marquette for a recent elite camp, Providence for the Jamfest back in April and has also been to West Virginia and St. John’s.

“I like it, I like it alot,” said Grace of his trip to WVU as he indicated a couple of his coaches attended WVU and he is very highly interested in the Mountaineers, who have not offered him a scholarship, but they are showing him strong interest.

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 02:31:36 PM »
Whats up everyone. My name is Ray Anczelowicz, I run the scouting service site, www.GothamHoops.com.

Here is my scouting report on St. John's '11 recruit Davontay Grace:

http://www.gothamhoops.com/?p=54

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 01:44:39 AM »
If Grace is 18/19 how is he able to play in 16u division?
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

pmg911

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 10:14:59 AM »
where does it say he played in the 16u division..? and with what team..?

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 01:48:30 AM »

http://stepinacbasketball.com/news/article.asp?id=259551

It seems he played in the 16u at PROVIDENCE JAM FEST with LI Lighting

Not sure how accurate that is

pmg911

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 11:37:57 AM »

http://stepinacbasketball.com/news/article.asp?id=259551

It seems he played in the 16u at PROVIDENCE JAM FEST with LI Lighting

Not sure how accurate that is

I am fairly sure he is 17 now so Lightning were using illegal player...

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 12:34:25 PM »
I understand his age is an issue, but dang, PMG, it's like you have something against this guy!!

pmg911

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 03:51:33 PM »
I understand his age is an issue, but dang, PMG, it's like you have something against this guy!!

Ultimately for the young man, his age will not be an issue. No college coach is going to care if he is 19, 20 or 21 his Freshman year.

I just bothers me to see kids who take care of their school work be at a disadvantage on the court by having to play against kids who don't take care of their school work.

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2009, 05:18:09 PM »

Ultimately for the young man, his age will not be an issue. No college coach is going to care if he is 19, 20 or 21 his Freshman year.

I just bothers me to see kids who take care of their school work be at a disadvantage on the court by having to play against kids who don't take care of their school work.

If he is 16 or 17 in his junior year of HS that seems to be pretty normal to me.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle