Davontay Grace - PG - Thomas Jefferson HS - Brooklyn, NY - MANHATTAN

• 157 replies
Re: Davontay Grace - PG - Thomas Jefferson HS - Brooklyn, NY - ST. JOHN's
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2010, 02:41:56 PM »
I apologize if this was posted earlier:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-basketball/Davontay-Grace-talk-about-St-Johns-59010;_ylt=Ah3KTgIl5KXS5YA.hdb3iJK86bd_

FYI... it requires a subscription to rivals (which I don't have one)  :(.

paultzman

« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2010, 10:25:52 AM »
23 points/15 assists and three 3 pointers against Lincoln. Kid can play and is blossoming.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/with_grace_jefferson_throttles_lincoln_czaPVRXiIV3DE0vuNrrEYK

« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2010, 10:06:49 PM »
Basically that if the new coach will have him, he still wants to come. If not, then he'll explore his options.

Poison

« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2010, 11:13:33 PM »
Basically that if the new coach will have him, he still wants to come. If not, then he'll explore his options.
That sounds like great news. We're going to need Grace.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 11:14:25 PM by jumpinjohnny »

« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2010, 11:15:07 PM »
That's good to hear.  I think Ron Roberts essentially said the same thing.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2010, 08:12:31 AM »
this is great!

« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2010, 10:38:24 PM »
LOL.Marco,once again your dead on. Honorable mention All-PSAL. I'm not even going to comment. LOL. Not even 3rd team? Oh boy.

kob24

« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2010, 12:22:19 AM »
one thing i can say about nyhoops its usally 95% on point when it comes to rankings

« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2010, 12:29:41 AM »
who cares?  Maurice Harkless "only" 3rd team...is going to Uconn
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2010, 01:25:30 AM »
who cares?  Maurice Harkless "only" 3rd team...is going to Uconn

Not to sound like sour grapes but he wasn't as good as I originally thought. (this doesn't mean I don't think he's good or I wouldn't want him)
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2010, 01:42:39 AM »
i say lavin wants roberts here but not grace..he probably wants to recruit his own point guard

pmg911

« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2010, 07:47:41 AM »
Guys, this kid is at least a year from coming and gave Norm Roberts a verbal, not Steve Lavin...   who cares at this point...?

He will be off to prep school next year, does anyone even know where he is going..?

« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2010, 02:40:55 PM »
April 5, 2010
Maurice Wingate
RedStormReport.com

Will STJ still be Grace'd

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1071263

Thomas Jefferson junior guard, Davontay Grace is one of those two players. While Ron Roberts, the other St. John's commit, said that as of last week, he hadn't heard from Lavin, Grace's high school coach Lawrence Pollard has been in touch with STJ's new main man.

"Yeah, I texted him a couple of weeks ago when he first got the job and he texted me back right away. He said that he's been a little swamped but said that he'd like to get together to discuss things," said Pollard.

Pollard, reiterated an earlier interview with RedStormReport.com, saying that Grace, who verbaled to the Johnnies, had a close relationship with St. John's former coach, Norm Roberts, but still wants to play for the Red Storm. "He loves St. John's and is still looking forward to playing in the Garden (Madison Square Garden) .

Coach Pollard says that he is impressed with Lavin thus far. "He's a proven winner and his guards tend to be good guards. Hopefully he will make Davontay one of those guards."

In addition, Pollard says, "He (Lavin) did his homework. He knew who I was. He congratulated me on my Alma Mater (West Virginia)" for their successes in the NCAA Tournament.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 02:59:10 PM by Dave »

Poison

« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2010, 02:47:27 PM »
"he'd like to get together to discuss things"

Um, when my schedule clears up, if I don't have anything else to do, I'll be in touch. Yea, this sounds like it isn't happening. Lavin isn't doing any coaching right now, so the most important thing he has to do now is recruit.

« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2010, 02:57:43 PM »

Um, when my schedule clears up, if I don't have anything else to do, I'll be in touch. Yea, this sounds like it isn't happening. Lavin isn't doing any coaching right now, so the most important thing he has to do now is recruit.

He might not be doing any coaching right now, but I think priority number 1 is putting a Staff together.

Lavin Head has to be spinning. The guy also has to set up a home on the East Coast.

I for one would like to see Grace on the team. I like when a kid states he want to be at St. John's and that St. John's is his dream school.

« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2010, 02:58:21 PM »

Lol way to read into things. Lets the chips fall where they may. Grace is still interested in St. John's thats probably the most important thing. The ball is in our court.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2010, 03:02:34 PM »
This is in reply to the comment about Harkless. What do you guys think? I feel alot of times coaches in the Big East don't necessarily recruit players because they want them but rather recruit players sometimes so other rival schools don't get them. Example: Curtis Kelly-Uconn, Wiggins-Uconn, and now Harkless. When have you ever seen Uconn recruit 3rd team anything. It seems to me these other schools desperately don't want SJU to get the local recruiting flying. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've asked others about this with more knowlegde of it and they say it indeed doe occur.