Rob Thomas

• 70 replies
Re: Pre - Game Discussion St. Francis NY @ St. John's
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2008, 08:53:49 AM »
Rob was never a pure SF.

Thank you I've been meaning to get on here and post this all day. I'm not sure where everyone got this idea from...?

He's always been a banger who had some range.

Nah.
Poison had hisself a sick handle and could J like nobody bizness. Plus he get up.
If Rob wudn't no SF, than Ron Ron aint no SF.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

mkras99

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2008, 11:07:32 AM »
Rob was never a pure SF.

Thank you I've been meaning to get on here and post this all day. I'm not sure where everyone got this idea from...?

Nah.
Poison had hisself a sick handle and could J like nobody bizness. Plus he get up.

He was a 3/4, but never a pure SF.  Could always get down low. 

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2008, 11:29:01 AM »
Rob was never a pure SF.

Nah.

We're comparing a kid in highschool to a current NBA player? Rob was simply a matchup problem in highschool. If he played the 3 or the 4 no one could guard him. If you ask current college players from NY/CT area they'd all have the same reaction when you say Rob Thomas' name. Beast and couldn't guard him.

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2008, 05:01:17 PM »
Rob was never a pure SF.

Nah.

He was a 3/4, but never a pure SF.  Could always get down low. 

I have to agree with Mkras here.  He was never a pure SF, but that doesn't mean he didn't have SF skills.  I have to disagree with you about his hops, Choz.  He never impressed me with his jumping ability.  He impressed me with his scoring, his strength, and his nose for the ball.  You even saw it last year when there was a rebound around him or a loose ball, it was his. 

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2008, 08:35:08 PM »
Rob was never a pure SF.

Nah.

We're comparing a kid in highschool to a current NBA player?

Rob wuz straight up the same level Ron Ron wuz in high school.

Marillac

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2008, 08:44:32 PM »
Rob was never a pure SF.

Nah.

Not even close.

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2008, 08:55:48 PM »
Rob was never a pure SF.

Nah.
Not even close.
And that's not even comparing their defense.

Poison

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2008, 09:10:02 PM »
Rob was never a pure SF.

Nah.

Artest was by far and away the best player in the city.
He was one of the best freshman in the country at SJU.

Thomas was that good? I knew he was good, but Artest good?

Come on now. 

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2008, 09:21:54 PM »
Oh man.
How many y'all even seem him at Wadleigh? How bout Team Roc? Sure y'all saw him at Rumble? IS8?
In 2004, Rob Thomas wuz the best playa in NYC and it wudn't even close. Brother put on some of the most dominatin ball I ever see in such a short time. Best believe.

kob24

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2008, 10:04:56 PM »
choz don't fight with them u and I both know rob Thomas at one point was a top five player in the country. The boy was named MVP of abcd his hops was crazy. Some of these guys just read websites and get their info. They can't go to kingdoms or dyckmans or is8 for that matter. They be flooding these websites with false info and innacurate assessment of talent. But the guys who are in the streets and on the court with these kids they want to say we wrong. It's disgusting

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2008, 10:17:09 PM »
Damn KOB you've been on a tear lately. I know I wasn't questioning Rob's talent level as I said he was a beast(even though I don't think your statement was directed at me) but I think he was more of a 4 who could play the 3 than other way around which really isn't something worth arguing anyways at this point. Anyways like I always say let your knowledge do your talking and back everything up with facts and you always do which is why so many people here respect what you have to say.

Anyways we're soooo off topic how about them Terriers? I fell asleep and didn't put the pregame up it should be up within the hour.

Marillac

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2008, 10:24:32 PM »
choz don't fight with them u and I both know rob Thomas at one point was a top five player in the country. The boy was named MVP of abcd his hops was crazy. Some of these guys just read websites and get their info. They can't go to kingdoms or dyckmans or is8 for that matter. They be flooding these websites with false info and innacurate assessment of talent. But the guys who are in the streets and on the court with these kids they want to say we wrong. It's disgusting

You have a chip on your shoulder the size of the grand canyon, dude.  Rob Thomas was a helluva player back when he ws healthy and in shape, but to say he was top five in the country is just insane.  Fully healthy the guy accepted a scholarship to USF.  And I've seen the kid and so have several other people on these sites.

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2008, 10:34:01 PM »

Kob, based on your posts as well as Choz, seems you guys have prolly forgot more about the game than many of us here will ever learn.
You guys agree on something like this, that's Gospel to me.

Thanks both for posting, much appreciate your insight.

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2008, 10:34:57 PM »
He was a 4 star player coming out of HS and maybe I'm not sure he was a top 5 prep year player in the country.

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2008, 10:50:27 PM »
Scout services was neva seein Rob cause he hardly play high school ball and noone believe he qualify in the least.  Same wit Swea' Pea back in the day. But when they was on the court, they was terrorizin 24/7.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 10:52:58 PM by Choz4Life »

mkras99

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2008, 11:39:43 PM »
Never doubted Rob's skills and I've seen him play at IS8 on a few occassions, back when I used to go regularly. My only point is that he was never a pure 3 - he did a hell of a lot of damage on the inside.

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2008, 12:14:18 AM »
You have a chip on your shoulder the size of the grand canyon, dude.  Rob Thomas was a helluva player back when he ws healthy and in shape, but to say he was top five in the country is just insane.  Fully healthy the guy accepted a scholarship to USF.  And I've seen the kid and so have several other people on these sites.
I'm still glad Thomas chose St. John's over South Florida.

Let him believe that Thomas was the next LeBron James
or that if you can write a complete sentence, you've never been to the IS8.
He's got his hooks into a current player. It allows him to be condescending.

Marillac

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2008, 12:36:05 AM »

IS8 is barely basketball anyway.  There is no defense--which is probably why Rob fit in so well--and the gym  is so damn small.  It's entertaining, if you can stand being hot as hell and standing for a while, but you don't learn 1/10th of what you would learn from watching him in a CHSAA or NEPSAC playoff game. 

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2008, 01:51:59 AM »

Easy.... He is writing on his iphone which he has apologized for bad grammar because its difficult to see what you're writing and what you've wrote. Also lets not jump down anyones throat and play the "I know more than you" game. No one is a winner there. Appreciate the knowledge and opinions everyone has to offer.

I've had the opportunity to meet some of you in person and if given the opportunity I'd love to meet everyone in person but most of you have no idea who each other are. This means you have no idea who knows who and who knows what. No need to get all alpha internet man on each other. We're all not going to agree all the time but it doesn't mean there is a clear cut right and wrong. Its all debatable but keep it on the topic not on each other.

IS8 is something nicely rooted in the community. You'll see some big names show up and it has history. Is it the root of all basketball? No. Is it the purest form of the game? No. Its fun, its exciting, and there is definitely a lot of pride taken in playing there. Anyways the point KOB was making was a lot of people don't get out and see these kids yet write all day and night about them, it is frustrating to read some of the posts sometimes. Also most of you get defensive too quick when you read these posts, sit back, relax, and listen(read) before you all speak(type). Lets not point fingers, we're all on the same team.

Lets all be happy that Rob is healthy and playing...and even playing well.

Also eets kill this here and get back on topic...

Calm Before the Storm is up

www.johnnyjungle.com/CBTS12108

Does St. Francis even have a prayer?