Post Game St. Francis NY @ St. John's

• 155 replies
Post Game St. Francis NY @ St. John's
« on: November 29, 2008, 10:44:17 AM »
They are 1-3.   They are coming off a win against Manhattan.  Lost to Seton Hall by 27.  It looks like they don't have anyone over 6'6" that plays much.

November 14   at Seton Hall  L 88-61   0-1
November 18   at Navy      L 75-63   0-2
November 22   at Hartford      L 91-82   0-3
November 26   Manhattan      W 70-68   1-3

I say we win 83-62.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 09:39:37 PM by Dave »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Re: Pre - Game Discussion St. Francis NY @ St. John's
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 10:53:56 AM »
Calm Before the Storm will be up later today. Including other major site updates.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 11:11:02 AM »
lets hope are bigs dominate
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Randomhero423

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 11:31:41 AM »
another big game for rob?

sjd8886

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 11:34:44 AM »

doesn't need big games right now...fortunately now the schedule is very light and the kid can focus more on development and getting prepared for big east play, than have all his focus on winning

Randomhero423

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 11:50:19 AM »

doesn't need big games right now...fortunately now the schedule is very light and the kid can focus more on development and getting prepared for big east play, than have all his focus on winning

i know that....  but rob is seeming to dominate "low major" competition as of late.  seeing him play versus howard he was over powering (i'm not sure with strength or just with weight).  i wouldn't be surprised to see him log in another nice box score.

i hope these games give him confidence, and his body continues to improve (i don't think he's ready for BE play..).

sjd8886

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 12:17:44 PM »

i know that....  but rob is seeming to dominate "low major" competition as of late.  seeing him play versus howard he was over powering (i'm not sure with strength or just with weight).  i wouldn't be surprised to see him log in another nice box score.

i hope these games give him confidence, and his body continues to improve (i don't think he's ready for BE play..).

oh i completely agree...these games are to work on his game, his body, and help him build confidence on the floor, bc hes been away from the game for so long...and if he isnt dominating these kinds of teams he would be in trouble, and i think thats what u were saying

Randomhero423

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 12:21:55 PM »
i hope i'm able to go to the game to really watch rob.  because like you, I do'nt know what position he is.  He's playing like a PF but he used to be a pure sf of sorts, so we'll see. 

if we are going to do any sort of damage this year (rather it be upsetting a team or two, or reaching an improbable 15 wins) we will need someone like rob to step up big time...

sjd8886

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 12:34:55 PM »
i hope i'm able to go to the game to really watch rob.  because like you, I do'nt know what position he is.  He's playing like a PF but he used to be a pure sf of sorts, so we'll see. 

if we are going to do any sort of damage this year (rather it be upsetting a team or two, or reaching an improbable 15 wins) we will need someone like rob to step up big time...

i know, and it concerns me when a players role is in the air...keep making the kid get into shape...make him play the 3...he should be able to find his way in time and be a good contributor on the team...the highlights i saw of rob in hs were something else...we need that player on this team this year

Poison

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 03:40:04 PM »
womack is an experienced guard. I have a funny feeling that he gives Boothe a hard time.
This St.Francis team is a bit improved from last year.

It may be close for the first half, but we should pull away at the end.
I could see this being closer than we'd expect.

72-65 SJU. Hope I'm wrong.

kob24

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 05:40:49 PM »
my first player jamal womack is gonna have a good game and my other dude pronounce kayote is the averaging 18 I believe. 

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 07:40:24 PM »
73-60 SJU

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 08:50:57 PM »

kjd01067

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 09:09:11 PM »
Any details on how it went?

Thats just his prediction game is Monday night

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 10:30:12 PM »
Any details on how it went?

Thats just his prediction game is Monday night
Thanks.For some reason I thought that game was tonight. After I left that post I checked ESPN to realize I was off by 2 days

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 11:42:01 PM »
Never doubted Rob's skills and I've seen him play at IS8 on a few occassions, back when I used to go regularly. My only point is that he was never a pure 3 - he did a hell of a lot of damage on the inside.

My point as well.

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 02:06:23 AM »
http://thiswillhurtme.blogspot.com/2008/06/sports-logos-worthy-of-ridicule-or_22.html

Interesting blog post that discusses the use of animals in sweaters as mascots. St. Francis makes the list with their terrier in a sweater. Also there are more of these sweater animals than I thought.

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 09:10:33 AM »

Lets all be happy that Rob is healthy and playing...and even playing well.

No doubt, bre.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

kjd01067

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 10:41:33 AM »

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 11:22:34 AM »
whats the spread on this game?