Adam Sandler

• 15 replies
Adam Sandler
« on: December 15, 2008, 08:46:28 AM »
When was the last time this tool came out with a halfway decent movie? He gets more and more annoying with every clunker he puts out. IMO his last good movie was "The Waterboy"
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001191/

Re: Adam Sandler
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 11:00:14 AM »
You didn't like Chuck and Larry?

Also Zohan had a huge younger following. Kids I had at basketball camp this summer couldn't stop quoting it. I thought it was ok but yea kind of slow.

You're right though been a long time since his Billy Madison days
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 11:06:38 AM »
You didn't like Chuck and Larry?

Also Zohan had a huge younger following. Kids I had at basketball camp this summer couldn't stop quoting it. I thought it was ok but yea kind of slow.

You're right though been a long time since his Billy Madison days

I think Ben Stiller is going the same route. These guys keep putting out the same movies, just with a different name

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 11:14:32 AM »
Ben Stiller has had some terrible movies lately. Maybe they had some contracts with big studios that they had to make "x" amount of movies

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 11:15:58 AM »
Ben Stiller has had some terrible movies lately. Maybe they had some contracts with big studios that they had to make "x" amount of movies

That movie "Tropic Thunder" was absolutely brutal. Huge waste of Baldi's precious time

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 11:17:45 AM »

That movie "Tropic Thunder" was absolutely brutal. Huge waste of Baldi's precious time

It had its moments

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 11:19:26 AM »

It had its moments

Ya, the credits

Marillac

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 03:18:34 PM »
He used to rent the basketball court at the school I worked/lived at in the city.  $500 an hour and he always brought the guys that were in all his movies.  They never called a foul on "Sandman" it was hysterical.  Sandler is actually pretty good at basketball.  Stays at the Trump building off Columbus Circle when he films in NY. I went back with Peter Dante and a few others for an after hours party there. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 10:22:14 AM »
Anyone see "Rain on me" or "Rain over me"   --- my fiance and her mom and a bunch of other girls I know LOVE it.  Apparently Adam Sandler put on an award-winning type performance in it.  I never saw it.  Anyone have?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 11:18:31 AM »
Anyone see "Rain on me" or "Rain over me"   --- my fiance and her mom and a bunch of other girls I know LOVE it.  Apparently Adam Sandler put on an award-winning type performance in it.  I never saw it.  Anyone have?

Is this the one with Drew Barrymore? If so ZZZZzzzzZZZzzzz

Tha Kid

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 11:46:50 AM »
Anyone see "Rain on me" or "Rain over me"   --- my fiance and her mom and a bunch of other girls I know LOVE it.  Apparently Adam Sandler put on an award-winning type performance in it.  I never saw it.  Anyone have?

No - that was 50 first dates.

The one they're talking about--- Reign over Me with Don Cheadle, Liv Tyler, Donald Sutherland --- he is a widower because his wife and kids died in 9/11 and he basically is going insane trying to cope with recovering it from what they told me...not a comedy or light hearted movie liek traditional sandman...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 11:48:30 AM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 12:08:25 PM »

No - that was 50 first dates.

The one they're talking about--- Reign over Me with Don Cheadle, Liv Tyler, Donald Sutherland --- he is a widower because his wife and kids died in 9/11 and he basically is going insane trying to cope with recovering it from what they told me...not a comedy or light hearted movie liek traditional sandman...

Yea I think I saw that(I was thinking about punch drunk love or something like that). Not bad but definitely more chick oriented. Spanglish was another chick flick he was in however I love my spanish women.

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 03:43:35 PM »

AWESOME movie.  His best IMO.

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 03:48:08 PM »

Better than "Little Nicky"?

Marillac

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 12:26:57 PM »

Better than "Little Nicky"?

Different.  I liked little Nicky, but I am more into dramas.

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 01:58:42 PM »
Billy Madison hands down #1 movie

Happy Gilmore, Water Boy, and Big Daddy are up there too. I really like 8 crazy nights that was suprisingly very funny.