Knicks cannot take the heat

• 2 replies
Knicks cannot take the heat
« on: December 28, 2007, 03:33:28 PM »
I was reading a side article today saying that the Knicks are trying to restrict negative speech at the Garden. They mention a fan having his sign removed and given a final warning over a sign that said "Fire Isiah". Now I know the Garden is privately owned so they can be exempt from free speech rights but this is totally patetheic that the Knicks cannot except "G" rated criticism. When Norman Braman was running the Eagles into the ground in the early 90s, everyone in Philadelphia got on his case to the point he was forced to sell to Jeffery Lurie. I think the same should be done to the Dolans and to Isiah because like constantly calling WFAN about the problems and constantly chant "Fire Isiah" or "No More Dolans". Remember, the Garden cannot toss out 20,000 fans or play a game in an empty building (in fact, Garden security is so weak I usually sneak in outside food when I go to St. John's/Rangers games and they cannot stop a courtrush when St. John's pulls their annual upset). Overall, I think the Knicks are a soft-skinned franchise right now and they should learn to take the heat because I will agree that a profane chant is illegal but when they try to prevent "G" rated criticism, I think really less of that franchise.  My last point is that St. Johns with all the problems they had under Jarvis, they never tried to silent a "Fire Jarvis" chant (even though I heard some rumor, I am not sure if it is true, but Jarvis did try to censor the student newspaper when he got criiticised by them one day).

Randomhero423

Re: Knicks cannot take the heat
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 03:38:52 PM »
there's going to be a protest the 30th..  they're askin for fans to leave after 3rd quarter.  i know i'm gonna b there.  it should be fun.  it's also intertwined with donating clothes to the poor.

Re: Knicks cannot take the heat
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 05:34:38 PM »
This team is a disaster, with a roster full of heartless aholes.  Marbury should not be allowed back, I wish I could tell my boss "I'll be back after New Years"