Mike Taylor - SG - Boys & Girls HS - Brooklyn, NY - RUTGERS

• 56 replies
Re: Mike Taylor - SG - Boys & Girls HS - Brooklyn, NY - RUTGERS
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2010, 04:49:37 PM »
According to Zags, Taylor's going to Rutgers.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/09/25/mike-taylor-to-rutgers/

Damn you're quick. I was just reading that he was at the football game and bam he committed.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2011, 10:50:02 PM »
With Taylor going to 2012 and prepping Eli Carter committed to Rutgers joining Searight and Mack.  Taylor better watch out or he might get lost in the shuffle of the Rutgers backcourt.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2011, 11:16:30 PM »
With Taylor going to 2012 and prepping Eli Carter committed to Rutgers joining Searight and Mack.  Taylor better watch out or he might get lost in the shuffle of the Rutgers backcourt.

He'll never make it to the RAC. Taylor wasn't all that impressive this weekend either then again I've never been a big Mike Taylor fan. Regardless lesson be learned your studies impact your recruitment.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2011, 11:27:29 PM »

He'll never make it to the RAC. Taylor wasn't all that impressive this weekend either then again I've never been a big Mike Taylor fan. Regardless lesson be learned your studies impact your recruitment.

Agree about Taylor I was never a big fan.

He's locked out of the BE now right?  Since he signed an LOI?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 11:28:16 PM by Moose »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2011, 07:59:47 AM »

Agree about Taylor I was never a big fan.

He's locked out of the BE now right?  Since he signed an LOI?
I think that's how it works (like it did for Mike Glover).

I don't think he'll make it to Rutgers either. Too bad for him. If Norm were still here, Taylor would be one of our top recruits!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 08:00:21 AM by peter »

gman

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2011, 10:36:09 AM »

I don't think he'll make it to Rutgers either. Too bad for him. If Norm were still here, Taylor would be one of our top recruits!!!  ;D

What happened?  He didn't qualify?  wasn't he also suspended a couple times this season?  I'm glad we stayed away.  We are much better off with Harrison and Greene.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 10:36:57 AM by gman »

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2011, 02:00:55 PM »
I bet this guy ends up in the MAAC

TONYD3

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2011, 02:58:27 PM »
I know someone who works high up in the PSAL. He told me Taylor was suspended a bunch of times by the schools Principal. The Principal has a rule any athlete who fails 1st period class cant play- even if he is eligible. Taylor failed 1st period. He was reinstated for City championship, then suspended again fro something really stupid.

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2011, 08:41:21 AM »

Moose

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2011, 08:43:09 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/08/30/former-rutgers-signee-taylor-to-midland-junior-college/

I guess this shouldn't be much of a shock to a lot of you.

He still is cut off from the Big East after his JUCO stint, right?

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2011, 09:14:11 AM »

I don't know the rules as concretely as the rest of you, but I'd assume if he does 2 years at a JuCo, then he would be eligible. I could be wrong though.

Moose

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2011, 09:20:43 AM »

I don't know the rules as concretely as the rest of you, but I'd assume if he does 2 years at a JuCo, then he would be eligible. I could be wrong though.

That was my initial thought.  But then I saw Glover mentioned and he wasn't able to.  So throwing it out there to the experts if they can chime in.

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2011, 09:25:12 AM »

That was my initial thought.  But then I saw Glover mentioned and he wasn't able to.  So throwing it out there to the experts if they can chime in.

Enrollment is the key.   By definition if you fail to qualify either by NCAA standards or if the institution fails to admit you then your NLI is null and void.

However if you have enrolled the kid and then it comes back that he does not clear then he cannot play for you or any BE school now or in the future.

But if he never enrolled and his NLI is null and void then it is as if he never signed to begin with so he is a true free agent.

Moose

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2011, 09:28:59 AM »

Enrollment is the key.   By definition if you fail to qualify either by NCAA standards or if the institution fails to admit you then your NLI is null and void.

However if you have enrolled the kid and then it comes back that he does not clear then he cannot play for you or any BE school now or in the future.

But if he never enrolled and his NLI is null and void then it is as if he never signed to begin with so he is a true free agent.

Gotcha.
He definitely never enrolled.
I'd like to see Taylor get his act together.  He seemed to slip into oblivion this year.  With some JUCO seasoning might be a temporary stopgap down the road.

Moose

« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2013, 09:29:00 PM »
What ever happened to him?

Moose