Justin Brownlee - F - Chipola College - Tifton, GA -ST. JOHN'S (Signed LOI)

• 95 replies
Props to the brother on this happy day fo him and his fams.

But the question loom large: We straight up givin up on the '10 class?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Poison

I'd rather have a young team than keep doing what we have been with diamonds in the rough.

In order to get more talent Norm must prove that he's capable of winning. It's not just Norm
That is in danger of disappearing.

No one cares about us. We have got to win now.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 12:49:44 PM by Poison »

cant wait 2 c this kidd play for us nxt yr...looks like we mite of solved one of are problems n signed a kidd who can catch malik boothes alley oop passes..lol

Yea I agree, a lot of the 2010 players have us on their list , this is the first year in a very long time we had a little momentum.

Mase frees up one & Q.Roberts will transfer next year because I see absolute no PT after this signing. I don't really see anyone else shaking loose because they will be going into their SR seasons.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 03:15:44 PM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

i've heard, and i'm also really hoping, that norm's job is on the line this year. i'm thinking he's really desperate so he used everything he can for this year.

i think the '10 class is going to be near impossible to recruit since recruit will know norm is on the hot seat. 

and btw our momentum ended when young left the staff...

Just great :'(
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

I dont' think this signing gives up on 2010 but rather 2011
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden

Yea I agree, a lot of the 2010 players have us on their list , this is the first year in a very long time we had a little momentum.

Mase frees up one & Q.Roberts will transfer next year because I see absolute no PT after this signing. I don't really see anyone else shaking loose because they will be going into their SR seasons.
The transfer b/c of playing time thing, I don't quite believe in it.  What if Q redshirts this year?  Then he has a year to fill in some minutes in 2010 when Mase leaves and then 2 years as one of the most experienced players on the team, no matter who the coach is.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?SID=910&Year=2007&ra_key=1611

#107 They had him ranked above DJ Kennedy,Jeremy Hazell,Rashod Bishop ,Jamine Peterson and others. This looks like a good signing to me

That is funny that you found that link because I was just saying to myself he looks better on the Offensive end than DJ, that is the good.
The bad is he looks more like a SG/SF I am pretty sure that is not a need for us.We need another guy besides Thomas who the guards can dump the ball down into the low post, being that JB & Sean Evans are face up 4/5.
With the lost of Tomas & Wait that leaves us with 6-9 Dele as our tallest player, we must play at a high tempo with such a small team.
I think it is really hard to play uptempo with a PG that can't shoot, because part of playing uptempo is spreading the floor.

I agree that Boothe can't shoot well. I also agree that part of playing uptemp is spreading the floor. However, I do believe what Boothe does somewhat well is find the open man. I also think some of our guys are decent (not great) outside shooters like Horne and Mase. It's also been said Hardy is a very good outside shooter (I will believe when I see it). Therefore, with all of this in place, it shouldn't be hard for us to spread the floor.

Additionally, we do not have to spread the floor in the half court in order to play uptempo. We can play uptempo on the defensive end (full court, traps, etc.) to create alot of turnovers. I truly believe we have the right group of players to do this. If done successfully, it will create alot of easy buckets.

The problem is... Norm hasn't shown us he will utilize our players the way I think they should be utilized. 

« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 05:31:20 PM by Johnny4Life »

I wish Justin the best. As far as Norm goes let's just face facts. When it comes to schollie management Norm's just plain stupid

Marillac

I like this signing.  I hate the thought of having another Junior, but the kid looks legit.  I think we should redshirt Q at this point.  That way we have some talent with two years left after the mass exodus in two years.

red shirting q would b the best idea at this point..the 2 is his natural position n at this point we have plentyyy of depth there lol

kob24

i've heard, and i'm also really hoping, that norm's job is on the line this year. i'm thinking he's really desperate so he used everything he can for this year.

i think the '10 class is going to be near impossible to recruit since recruit will know norm is on the hot seat. 

oz cross has players for the 2010,2011,2012 and 2013 classes

Poison

cant wait 2 c this kidd play for us nxt yr...looks like we mite of solved one of are problems n signed a kidd who can catch malik boothes alley oop passes..lol

I'd love to see him take Boothe's job.

Marillac

I wonder what this means for Burrell.  We are going to be athletic as sh*t next year!  This kid has to play the four for us.  McAffrey would have this team in the Sweet 16.

No excuse not to push EVERY single possession now. Take the 4-3 with guys like Kennedy, Mason, Brownlee, and Horney cleaning up any misses. 

Poison

Burrell started to play much better basketball once the mask came off. Still, a little internal competition is good for all 5 returning starters.

No job is guaranteed. The 5 hardest working kids should start.

Marillac

Burrell started to play much better basketball once the mask came off. Still, a little internal competition is good for all 5 returning starters.

No job is guaranteed. The 5 hardest working kids should start.

He has to rebound the basketball.  That is the main responsiblity of PF's and big men.  If he can do only that very well, he'd be set.  He hasn't.

I wonder what this means for Burrell.  We are going to be athletic as sh*t next year!  This kid has to play the four for us.  McAffrey would have this team in the Sweet 16.

No excuse not to push EVERY single possession now. Take the 4-3 with guys like Kennedy, Mason, Brownlee, and Horney cleaning up any misses.

We shoulda been doin this fo a few seasons now wit the personnel.
Thing is coach dont show like he gonna change his "system" anytimes soon.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 08:33:22 AM by Choz4Life »
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Poison

Evans and Kennedy are the only two guys we have we really go hard on the glass. It seems like Burrell isn't motivated enough to rebound.

Evans and Kennedy are the only two guys we have we really go hard on the glass. It seems like Burrell isn't motivated enough to rebound.

motivated enough to rebound? it seems like hes not motivated enough to do anything. i always forget that this is a player rated higher than dajuan blair coming out of hs.

evans outscored and out rebounded him. if burrell was half as motivated as evans is, he could put up 20-12 type #s easy.

but then again with this coaching staff, i dont blame him for not being motivated to play.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 03:58:57 PM by theoffspring447 »