• 504 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Maurice Harkless - SF - Forest Hills HS - Forest Hills, NY
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 10:13:46 AM »
Is that the word, 79? Damn.

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 10:38:10 AM »
How can you be suprised that norm cannot get an elite recruit no matter what circumstances...next season has 9 slots and yet cannot build a package deal...lame

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 12:54:03 PM »
I don't doubt it too much.  Nate also advised Charlie Villanueva back in the day and he's close with the UConn staff.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

SJU79

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 01:48:00 PM »
Yea word is he was down to SJU and UCONN and Nate pushed him towards UCONN. WOrd is also this kid really liked SJU.

gonzalo

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 02:06:52 PM »
Yea word is he was down to SJU and UCONN and Nate pushed him towards UCONN. WOrd is also this kid really liked SJU.

Typical situation.

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 02:24:18 PM »
I showed Nate the thread.  Here is his response (via Twitter @RealScout):

"CV (Villanueva) committed and signed to NORM at illinois. They left at seasons end and went to kansas. We took a visit to kansas now he visited nova, illi, kansas, indy, and shu. Unoffically in june visited uconn and committed. How did i push that?lol. moe is still deciding and sju is one of his choices. Sju is a established program, just like the others.hes spoken to the sju staff and team, way more than any other school on the list. With all that said its 'his decision'. if i were the kid, id feel comfortable choosing between those schools. I like allll of those coaches."
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

kob24

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 02:42:16 PM »
guys relax he didnt sign yet and its nate. it could change in 5 minutes

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2009, 09:03:21 AM »
Harkless, 16, said he has visited all the schools on his list except for Kentucky, and has spoken with the head coaches for all those programs, barring the Wildcats. He visited UConn and has spoken with coach Jim Calhoun extensively.

“He’s a very straight-forward guy,” said Harkless, who rated the Huskies’ campus in Storrs, Conn., his favorite. “I felt he was very honest. He told me I could play right away.”

A New York Post preseason All-City first team selection, Harkless led Forest Hills to the Queens borough crown last February and the PSAL Class AA quarterfinals. Harkless’ mentor, Nate Blue, an assistant coach with Forest Hills, said Harkless wants to play for an established program where he could fit in as the missing piece to a championship. That would seem to suggest Connecticut or Kentucky, although Harkless said he is still mulling over all the schools.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/psal_tip_off_classic_notebook_harkless_t1xzcuZoISVdrhziaNE3oO#ixzz0Z6cr5gNx
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2009, 09:05:14 AM »
The Hartford Courant has him all but signed and delivered.

Recruit To Commit Soon
UConn is said to be expecting a commitment in the next week or so from Maurice Harkless, a 6-foot-6 junior forward from Forest Hills High in N.Y. Harkless attended UConn's First Night and made another unofficial visit the first weekend in November.

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-ucmennotes1203.artdec03,0,3541545.story

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2009, 10:05:25 AM »

NORM STRIKES OUT AGAIN....upper echelon will always be a fantasy with this coach

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 10:15:40 AM »
Another great job by SJU79

SJU79

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2009, 10:49:21 AM »
Sorry all my news seems to be bad news, lots of rumblings about '11 decisions coming in the near future, will post as I hear more

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2009, 09:48:14 PM »
Sorry all my news seems to be bad news, lots of rumblings about '11 decisions coming in the near future, will post as I hear more

In terms of what you've heard so far, is any of this news going to be GOOD news for us?

gonzalo

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2009, 01:50:36 PM »
Another New York High School player that goes to another Big East Conference team. I´m very sick of this.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/12/09/harkless-headed-to-uconn/

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2009, 01:55:29 PM »
There is still plenty of talent out there in 2011. We should be all over Wroten, Nunez, Mack, Davis, etc.

More info you can search the 2011 in the forum here as well as on the site...

http://johnnyjungle.com/recruiting/2011-class/
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2009, 06:43:38 PM »
Seems like a good kid. Best of luck to him except when he plays STJ. I am not one to cry over "not getting this guy or that guy" but it's getting tough to take. Hopefully we start landing guys soon.

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2010, 09:04:14 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/06/21/harkless-decommits-from-uconn/#more-35663

“There’s a lot going on with the whole investigation thing,” Harkless said. “That’s not really a major factor. It’s a part of it. I just don’t feel comfortable closing every other option.”

Harkless also holds offers from West Virginia, St. John’s, Rutgers, Seton Hall “and a couple other schools,” he said.

“I’m not really considering any other schools as of now,” he said. “I want to reopen it and see what schools come around.”

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2010, 10:06:40 AM »
Maurice Harkless, you should stay home.

Poison

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2010, 10:10:58 AM »
It's time for some Karma.

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2010, 10:51:24 AM »
It would be nice to see a kid schun UConn and land at St. John's